Put Spawn Protection in all modes of Chivalry

• Imo TB needs to implement Respawn protection in other modes apart from Team Objective.
    Its getting absurd being sniped by Archers as you simply respawn. They even team up now
    and take specific respawn points by agreement. It must be a relevant consideration because
    its in T/O mode for just that reason tbh. Lets have it in all modes pls it won’t harm anyone.

• There’s spawn protection in TO?

• Well for eg when killed on the burn the village map masons respawn at top of hill were no sniping by enemy is possible.

• So you mean spawns that are inaccessible to the enemy? That standard good map design philosophy.

AKA not Outpost lol

• or just being invincible until you move after spawning, shouldn’t be too hard. (But knowing TBS there’d be a bug where you can turn invincible forever if they een implemented something like it)

• @Xylvion:

or just being invincible until you move after spawning, shouldn’t be too hard. (But knowing TBS there’d be a bug where you can turn invincible forever if they een implemented something like it)

Yeah, let’s not use any more bandaid fixes. Spawns should be unreachable for the opposing team, perioid. Not even archers should be able to shoot there.

Also, multiple exits from the spawn would be ideal so that the team isn’t bottlenecked into the spawn if it gets camped.

• Loin is talking about non-TO modes tho. Kinda hard to do this level-design-solution for something like FFA moor.

• I think the biggest reason they didn’t want it for modes like TDM is because it would lead to situations where people would camp in their unreachable spawn and make the match take forever since the only objective is to reach a number of kills. This was especially apparent when it was resource based and the last few dudes alive would just camp in the spawn and then the team would troll the votekicks to stall.

• It can be always “fixed” by TBS using a 2-3 seconds god mode setting after spawning.

It is fine as it is now to be honest.

• You might notice, Aoctd-Argonswall_p already has inaccessible spawns, and it’s TDM. Not much, but it shows it’s possible.
    Total support. Inaccessible spawns ftw.

• @Skindiacus:

You might notice, Aoctd-Argonswall_p already has inaccessible spawns, and it’s TDM. Not much, but it shows it’s possible.
    Total support. Inaccessible spawns ftw.

You can still shoot them though and one of catapults can shoot at their spawn.

• The same thing could happen in TO. The attacking team could stay in their spawn until the time ran out, but no because people want to play.

• @Vesanus:

It can be always “fixed” by TBS using a 2-3 seconds god mode setting after spawning.

With people constantly spawning in my face in ffa and tdm i think that would be a bad idea, as I am just as unprepared as the ones spawing. Giving them the god mode would give them a weird advantage.

• Another issue with spawns : Why the enemy can change class in my spawn ??? I see that more and more often : for example, a team of Agatha crossbowmen remains in the 3rd stage [ Dark Forest (the sluice gate stage) ] and snipe from above, if you go after them they change class and fight melee, if they are wounded they re-select and get fresh (just like the spawn owners ),if they are high rank they are a big pain, i mean WHY IN THE WORLD THE ENEMY HAS THE SAME BENEFITS FROM MY SPAWN AS I DO ? WHAT IS THE REASON BEHIND THIS ?

• @Cromwell:

Another issue with spawns : Why the enemy can change class in my spawn ??? I see that more and more often : for example, a team of Agatha crossbowmen remains in the 3rd stage [ Dark Forest (the sluice gate stage) ] and snipe from above, if you go after them they change class and fight melee, if they are wounded they re-select and get fresh (just like the spawn owners ),if they are high rank they are a big pain, i mean WHY IN THE WORLD THE ENEMY HAS THE SAME BENEFITS FROM MY SPAWN AS I DO ? WHAT IS THE REASON BEHIND THIS ?

what? seriously? lol

• yeah :) try it , it’s extremely frustrating for Masons

• I always do that, I don’t even bother reloading my HCB, I just reselect the class kek.

• I like it when their best archer stays back there. Easier for me to demolish fools with the cata.

• I have spawned on FFA just to be immediately one shotted by a maul before. This is a real issue.

• spawnraping should be a legitimate tactic in every mode, you can spawn**** pretty good on darkforest when you dont press F1