Resident Evil 6

• I recently picked this up from Capcom steam sale.

I have heard some bad things about how it sucks and how it’s just “biohazard of duty” and other things like that. Oh boy, was I surprised when I actually got to play it.

I have completed 2 out of 4 campaings and it has been absolute blast so far. I guess this is what I get for listening to other peoples’ opinions about videogames.

I admit, it’s terrible as RE game. It has pretty much no tension or any attempt at horror, the story is “hey dudebro, let’s blow shit up” tier military terrorist fiction but the action is absolutely fantastic. It’s an fast paced third person shooter/brawler with lots of fun mobility and melee mechanics. Hell, it even has Demon’s/Dark souls inspired “Agent Hunt” mode where you invade other peoples’ games as a monster and try to kill them. And you get to play as Wesker Jr. with crazy martial arts.

The campaign can also be played through as co-op, the multiplayer modes seem pretty fun tho’ I haven’t touched them yet. It also has the classic Mercenaries mode.

Did anyone else pick this up from a sale? I’d like to hear your opinions too.

inb4 shit sux

• I might give it a try then. I loved the early resi games, but wasn’t too keen on 4, and hated 5 like crazy, so I didn’t even think about buying 6. I suppose if you go in not expecting an atmospheric survival horror it’ll be enjoyable for the action game it is.

• @Harry:

I might give it a try then. I loved the early resi games, but wasn’t too keen on 4, and hated 5 like crazy, so I didn’t even think about buying 6. I suppose if you go in not expecting an atmospheric survival horror it’ll be enjoyable for the action game it is.

I tried to play some RE4 after RE6 but man, it felt clunky as fuck. 5 is a bit better because at least it has better melee and Wesker bossfights but it’s still super clunky compared to 6.

Like 6 takes the Action Evil to completely next level. You have dodge rolls, slides, standing dodges with melee weapons, different levels of stuns with different melees etc.

It’s just very hard to go back to 4 or 5 since they are so clunky and the things you can do feel super limited compared to 6.

Just don’t treat RE6 as a Resident Evil game and it’s going to be great.

• Haven’t played it, but you make me wanna do it. Have you seen the RE1 remake they are doing? Looks amazing

• @Vanguard:

Haven’t played it, but you make me wanna do it.

Don’t just take my word for it, you can also watch someone who loves that game way too much play through one of the prettier levels.

@Vanguard:

Have you seen the RE1 remake they are doing? Looks amazing

I have not. Hopefully it doesn’t have tank controls.

• @Kreittis:

Don’t just take my word for it, you can also watch someone who loves that game way too much play through one of the prettier levels.

I have not. Hopefully it doesn’t have tank controls.

I kinda like the tank controls man, RE1 was one of the best ps1 experiences! I would like to see that with new technologies

Will watch the vid

• @Vanguard:

Haven’t played it, but you make me wanna do it. Have you seen the RE1 remake they are doing? Looks amazing

Awesome, can’t wait!

@Vanguard:

I kinda like the tank controls man, RE1 was one of the best ps1 experiences! I would like to see that with new technologies

You’re right, the clunky controls and weird camera angles made it so much more tense. I have such fond memories of that game.

• The whole zombie market is so.over-saturated I never even glanced twice at RE6, but I may go back and try it like I did with Dead Rising. Right now I’m just hyped for Dead Island 2 and Dying Light.

• @Oy:

The whole zombie market is so.over-saturated I never even glanced twice at RE6, but I may go back and try it like I did with Dead Rising. Right now I’m just hyped for Dead Island 2 and Dying Light.

Resident Evil hasn’t really been about zombies since 4, they switched to parasitic organisms or some other mumbo jumbo. Now they just have some mutated dudes and dudettes who mutate even more in response to physical trauma.

RE6 actually brought zombies back for Leon’s campaign but other characters fight against mutated guys with swords and guns.

I’m hyped for Dying Light too since it looks pretty unique. Mirror’s Edge + Dead Island, oh yeah.

• bloody hell, you must own like 300 games by now, you buy a new every week more or less.

• @Xylvion:

bloody hell, you must own like 300 games by now, you buy a new every week more or less.

• whats your steam account worth m8?

• Probably over 9000$.

• @zombojoe:

whats your steam account worth m8?

• @Kreittis:

I was close, another 1k$!

• Please donate $1k to my Steam Account Inflation fund, thanks.

Also, talk about RE6 please.

• lol $84 for me

• @Kreittis:

requires like 100GB less than mine does, but you got almsot 500 games more, cray cray. mine is only worth $1.3k as well QQ

• RE6 is a shit game, especially the campaigns, pretending to be a horror game.
    But The Mercenaries No Mercy is just too damn fun with all the dodge and kung-fu mechanics. Played the game for over 100 hours because of that mode, lol.

• @B4RK:

RE6 is a shit game, especially the campaigns, pretending to be a horror game.
    But The Mercenaries No Mercy is just too damn fun with all the dodge and kung-fu mechanics. Played the game for over 100 hours because of that mode, lol.

Sounds like you are saying that it’s a good game but shitty RE title to me. I don’t think it even pretends to be horror anymore, that died with RE5. 4 was at least trying a little.

People don’t sink hundred hours into shitty games. except chivalry

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.