Like/dislike disabled on Chivalry Console Announcement video?

• Not discussion moderation, not insulting, just wondering.

The video from Torn Banner where the ps3+xbox360 porting of Chivalry was announced had a lot more dislikes than likes when I checked it 2 days ago, but now both the like and dislike buttons are suddenly disabled.

Please explain. Seems kind of dictator-ish to first give people the option to vote but when it becomes apparent the community hates the concept, quickly remove the rating system.

Again, it’s not meant as an insult. I’m just saying Torn Banner, you’re creating more and more comparisons to fraud/scandal companies who take your money and then no longer care.

• Apparently you see it from mobile.

• Trailler is marketing, a lot of dislikes is bad marketing. I belive any company would do the same, for this is a thing that might affect profits.

• @Vanguard:

Trailler is marketing, a lot of dislikes is bad marketing. I belive any company would do the same, for this is a thing that might affect profits.

It affects profits in a way you generally want to avoid as a game company if you want any kind of dignity or reputation connected to your name.
    It’d be the same as having a game trailer that showcases mechanics (like 1st person deaths lol) that aren’t to be found in the actual product.

If people turn out to hate the idea of Chivalry coming to consoles, you don’t suddenly disable the dislikes because what you get is dishonesty.
    But dishonesty and silence is Torn Banners way, apparently.

• @Rickvs:

It affects profits in a way you generally want to avoid as a game company if you want any kind of dignity or reputation connected to your name.
    It’d be the same as having a game trailer that showcases mechanics (like 1st person deaths lol) that aren’t to be found in the actual product.

If people turn out to hate the idea of Chivalry coming to consoles, you don’t suddenly disable the dislikes because what you get is dishonesty.

Yeah its many companies way! Its effective, just wait and see, they will have their profit.

• @Rickvs:

But the dislikes came from people who will not play it on a console, hardly representative reaction.

Ironically if they had actually communicated something (like hey this is what we are working on for the next balance patch) before announcing that, the community reaction would not be as bad.

But keeping your head in the sand is one strategy I guess.

• They did the right thing tbh. For example the first 10 or more comments are crucial and can sway the rest.
    eg I stuck a picture up (imgur) and the first comment was he looks fat so the rest followed. In TB’s case they don’t
    want a comment section full of negative comments simply because most are like monkey see monkey do.
    They need genuine console gamers who want to try this out of interest , not be swayed by some bitter pc
    gamers on a medium they have no intention of trying themselves. As I do both imo its a good idea.

• Global Moderator

I think everyone was very upset that they pronounced medieval wrong in the video which is why it got a bunch of dislikes.

• @Rickvs:

I don’t know why they’d care with the retarded community we have that gets mad over shit like that lol. “Hey team lets let all these circlejerking retards ruin our sales on this deal because they’re too fucking stupid to see we outsourced the port to someone else xd.” The dislike button on yt is really an “I’m mad” button, and tb shouldnt care about or suffer from the community spamming that button since they have a horde mentality and most individuals have the intelligence of a toddler.

• I don’t think dictator means what you think it means.

• @lemonater47:

I think everyone was very upset that they pronounced medieval wrong in the video which is why it got a bunch of dislikes.

No only you could notice that…

• Mod

This post is deleted!

• @swagfox:

I don’t know why they’d care with the retarded community we have that gets mad over shit like that lol. “Hey team lets let all these circlejerking retards ruin our sales on this deal because they’re too fucking stupid to see we outsourced the port to someone else xd.” The dislike button on yt is really an “I’m mad” button, and tb shouldnt care about or suffer from the community spamming that button since they have a horde mentality and most individuals have the intelligence of a toddler.

I agree, but the fact is TBS are being real dickheads by communicating nothing, why even have this forums - shut them down and just stick to the occasional facebook post.

• @gregcau:

I agree, but the fact is TBS are being real dickheads by communicating nothing, why even have this forums - shut them down and just stick to the occasional facebook post.

This is why I’m campaigning to be community manager. There needs to be far more communication.

• Communication is the most important part of a relationship after sex. Will you cover both needs Zombo?

• @Oy:

Communication is the most important part of a relationship after sex. Will you cover both needs Zombo?

You betcha, I bet it will be a long and hard transition for the community but I assure everyone it will be fine.

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

No only you could notice that…

Thankyou Mr literal.