Why ask for balance when you don't play properly

• It amazes me the cheesy posts suggesting or asking for balance and yet not many of you play correctly imo.
    Running about at some fish head fov swinging at anybody, poke a foe and then poke another, face hug
    and circle around while looking up and down as your trying to fient fient overhead instantly kill hehe.

TB goes to all this trouble to try and introduce balances but if some of you are just so intent on animation
    breaking toon combat fish headed lynx helicopter spam why do you actually care or even ask for balance
    and changes? Just my point is you give them a valid reason to produce patches very slowy imo.
    Lets not even drag 3p into the mix of cheesy balance requests.

• Who the hell are you to tell me how should I play this game? TB already said they are cool with backhits and high fov so you better adapt or search for another game, tbh.

• better question: why ask for balance because torn babypants isn’t gonna deliver it?
    seriously though, just because you don’t like the mechanics of the game that have been there since release doesn’t mean that the game should be dumbed down
    you can simply quit playing

• @Albert!:

doesn’t mean that the game should be dumbed down
    you can simply quit playing

Or play on console it seems.

• It’s a more exciting way to play than: 90 FOV, choose knight, run in straight line, die, complain.

• @loin:

It amazes me the cheesy posts suggesting or asking for balance and yet not many of you play correctly imo.

top kek imo u dont post properly tbh

• @Vanguard:

Who the hell are you to tell me how should I play this game? TB already said they are cool with backhits and high fov so you better adapt or search for another game, tbh.

This.

Also, no q3 reference… Weird.

• I don’t be grudge them. However when they complain of players in 3rd person because they can see better and then
    use fov 140 upwards in first its just the same is it not? All those advance combat things I can do and play at a higher fov
    of 105 quite well. What exactly do you want balanced ?

• To be fair they also said handle hits were part of the game but decided to remove them, too.

As far as dancing and dragging, it’s totally fine and you can just be the better player and beat it. You don’t have to use it to beat it, unlike archers. I agree it looks silly, and personally I wouldn’t mind removing damage tracers from back swings in the early release animations. It’s not broken or OP or hard to beat, but IMHO, it looks so silly that it isn’t very fun.

• @loin:

I don’t be grudge them. However when they complain of players in 3rd person because they can see better and then
    use fov 140 upwards in first its just the same is it not? All those advance combat things I can do and play at a higher fov
    of 105 quite well. What exactly do you want balanced ?

you can use 120+ fov and third person at the same time though
    while both third person and high fov offer you a lot more visibility, the difference is that you can see whats happening behind you and behind corners in third person and it allows you to groundsniff with higher fovs
    you can’t get that with 1stp 140 fov

• While we are here no point in starting a new thread. What about these slight speed haks via the ini files.
    I am not even going to wait 4 days to see them in the players view of steam just to report it tbh.
    IN essence of balance My suggestion to TB would be to encase the ini files within the .exe in future.
    denying that avenue of pleasure for the players determined to get ahead in a foul way. Just give us
    access to the bsmooth and keybinds in a new file and stick the rest in the .exe.

In all honesty I can’t see 3p being used much in console as its a tiny screen already.

• Mod

“TB goes to all this trouble to try and introduce balances but if some of you are just so intent on animationbreaking toon combat fish headed lynx helicopter spam why do you actually care or even ask for balance
    and changes?”

My sides have left orbit.

• Just give us
    access to the bsmooth and keybinds in a new file and stick the rest in the .exe.

Translation, please lock away the ini stuff that I don’t use, but keep the ones I do. This way you cater to my gaming experience above anyone else. How dare people play with more skill than I, we should gimp them to my level, thanks.

• Its no biggie just suggesting all we get access to is the unlock fps bsmooth variable and our input buttons.
    The rest we can do at the game menu. After all on the console you won’t get access to any of the ini files.
    So your gaming exp is changing other ini files ?

• @loin:

After all on the console you won’t get access to any of the ini files.

The console also won’t have a steam workshop where you can pour in custom maps and mods. So should we do away with that because this game is moving to inferior pieces of technology?

Also, if PC players thought patch releases took forever, just wait and see how long(if any) it takes for patches go to the consoles.

• @ChuckingIt:

The console also won’t have a steam workshop where you can pour in custom maps and mods. So should we do away with that because this game is moving to inferior pieces of technology?

Also, if PC players thought patch releases took forever, just wait and see how long(if any) it takes for patches go to the consoles.

Could they not include the consoles memory cards to save custom maps? Perhaps some code in the console game might
    actually look to a memory card for such custom maps or mods. Balancing the game is a good thing I just suggested they
    close other avenue’s of getting ahead ie ini files.

• Memory cards?
    Lol, Current and next gen use HDD’s…

Game is full of bugs, some of which have been around for over a year, has serious balance issues. Devs promised to communicate better with players, started to work on balance (sorta) … then go and fart arse around with a console port :/ Way to bend your fan’s over a barrel.

Using *.ini settings has been highly useful for lots of PC players across lots of games. I have to use Ini if I want to put PhysX onto GPU, are you saying I shouldn’t be able to do that?
    What about changing sound settings? Less max channels for those with weak CPU’s to get better performance…

There are LOTS of ini settings that are not available through the menu (because TB suck a bit when it comes to finer details like that) that are used by many people to tweak the game for better performance, and in some cases to get the bloody game to run.

You sir, have no idea what you are talking about it seems.

• The devs aren’t even handling the port. I don’t know why that is so hard to grasp for some people.

• Because they still must be involved to a degree. They must have spent time setting everything up, going to meetings, bringing people up to speed, plus a host of other activities that otherwise could have been spent fixing their game and doing what they said they would.
    I don’t know why that is so hard to grasp for some people.

• Global Moderator

@Toll:

Because they still must be involved to a degree. They must have spent time setting everything up, going to meetings, bringing people up to speed, plus a host of other activities that otherwise could have been spent fixing their game and doing what they said they would.
    I don’t know why that is so hard to grasp for some people.

1 person can do all that though.