Why ask for balance when you don't play properly

• Just give us
    access to the bsmooth and keybinds in a new file and stick the rest in the .exe.

Translation, please lock away the ini stuff that I don’t use, but keep the ones I do. This way you cater to my gaming experience above anyone else. How dare people play with more skill than I, we should gimp them to my level, thanks.

• Its no biggie just suggesting all we get access to is the unlock fps bsmooth variable and our input buttons.
    The rest we can do at the game menu. After all on the console you won’t get access to any of the ini files.
    So your gaming exp is changing other ini files ?

• @loin:

After all on the console you won’t get access to any of the ini files.

The console also won’t have a steam workshop where you can pour in custom maps and mods. So should we do away with that because this game is moving to inferior pieces of technology?

Also, if PC players thought patch releases took forever, just wait and see how long(if any) it takes for patches go to the consoles.

• @ChuckingIt:

The console also won’t have a steam workshop where you can pour in custom maps and mods. So should we do away with that because this game is moving to inferior pieces of technology?

Also, if PC players thought patch releases took forever, just wait and see how long(if any) it takes for patches go to the consoles.

Could they not include the consoles memory cards to save custom maps? Perhaps some code in the console game might
    actually look to a memory card for such custom maps or mods. Balancing the game is a good thing I just suggested they
    close other avenue’s of getting ahead ie ini files.

• Memory cards?
    Lol, Current and next gen use HDD’s…

Game is full of bugs, some of which have been around for over a year, has serious balance issues. Devs promised to communicate better with players, started to work on balance (sorta) … then go and fart arse around with a console port :/ Way to bend your fan’s over a barrel.

Using *.ini settings has been highly useful for lots of PC players across lots of games. I have to use Ini if I want to put PhysX onto GPU, are you saying I shouldn’t be able to do that?
    What about changing sound settings? Less max channels for those with weak CPU’s to get better performance…

There are LOTS of ini settings that are not available through the menu (because TB suck a bit when it comes to finer details like that) that are used by many people to tweak the game for better performance, and in some cases to get the bloody game to run.

You sir, have no idea what you are talking about it seems.

• The devs aren’t even handling the port. I don’t know why that is so hard to grasp for some people.

• Because they still must be involved to a degree. They must have spent time setting everything up, going to meetings, bringing people up to speed, plus a host of other activities that otherwise could have been spent fixing their game and doing what they said they would.
    I don’t know why that is so hard to grasp for some people.

• @Toll:

Because they still must be involved to a degree. They must have spent time setting everything up, going to meetings, bringing people up to speed, plus a host of other activities that otherwise could have been spent fixing their game and doing what they said they would.
    I don’t know why that is so hard to grasp for some people.

1 person can do all that though.

• I won’t bore you with the investigated and proven answer just a few days ago or name plebs.
    On this balance theme lets take the Vanguard.

Faster/longest ranged/Charge/5 knifes?/smoke/ Charges that stun with no distance limit by some it
    seems even now. Charging round corners, Easiest class to break animation with , unlimited
    stamina it seems, endless spam, recover faster after hits, utterly op class in every sphere
    on pubs/pubs often infested with 3 vans at top of ffa or T/O by a clear 25 frags due to its
    unique unbalanced op ways. With that impressive array of stunts they
    still try to win by animation breaking hits and dancing, let alone a few extra numbers added in the ini files.
    to gain more speed of sword.
    Imo no matter how you balance this game since purchase on day of release to now , they still have it all
    today and get away with it the vans.

So my original Question was “What exactly do you want balanced in Chivalry?” As they don’t even play properly.
    TB really needs to get some pub perspective on this unbalanced class and fix it. (my 2cents).

• People can tweak ini files to increase weapon speed? Lol fuck off this game is shit.

• @Androme:

People can tweak ini files to increase weapon speed? Lol fuck off this game is shit.

Using 3rd party software. If you try to change them yourself and save & exit, they will revert back when you load the game.

Speedhackers gonna’ speedhack.

• @Androme:

People can tweak ini files to increase weapon speed? Lol fuck off this game is shit.

No they can’t.

• @Xylvion:

No they can’t.

You literally can.

• @Sir:

You literally can.

What kind of sorcery is this? Why does this even exist?

Only thing I like to change that isn’t on menu is FoV value and graphic shit, its the only way I can make this game look like quake 3 on low settings. But this speed sorcery, if true, must be gone! One does not simply change the speed of things