Team flinch and parry during riposte

• Both of these were removed by TB, but I don’t remember the community wanting them removed. Of course, my memory could be wrong. I was curious whether the current chiv community is mostly glad they’re gone or wishes they were never removed.

Personally, I wish both of these mechanics/features/whatever would come back, even though parry during riposte was originally considered a bug. It helps with 1vX’s and cuts down on hittrades. I understand that it’s visually confusing when a person gets parried by an attack, but it made the game more enjoyable and fast-paced for me. PiP is pretty sweet though tbh, so thanks, TB. Also, the current absence of team flinch is just annoying to me, both visually and gameplay-wise. Teammates can just swing through each other, go through the flinch animation, and still continue their attack.

Example of parry during riposte for those who don’t know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS9xQmvbHHY&feature=player_detailpage#t=65

I’m not really sure how I feel about no flinch during riposte, but I much preferred parry during riposte to no flinch during riposte.

pls share your opinions tbh
    inb4 pubs would be nightmares with team flinch

• no idea what you are talking about

• Team flinch is a good idea in theory, but it should be a config thing; nobody wants that shit on official servers, you’d be constantly flinched by friendly vanguards.

Block in riposte was sexy, I’d be well up for that coming back.

• Team flinch - I don’t have any opinion on that, could be more annoying in pubs, but fine in serious matches.

Parry riposte was my favourite, it felt so “fluid” and gave more chances at 1vX situations.

I would not mind having these 2 back.

A tear in my eye just appeared after seeing those beautiful sword animations. RIP

• @gregcau:

no idea what you are talking about

team flinch=if a teammate hits another teammate during their windup, they flinch

parry-during-riposte=a bug where if you parried and then riposted, the rest of your active parry frames would still be active during the riposte allowing you to parry with a riposte, but still continue the attack

the video explains it pretty well tbh

Do you like them or no? You obviously played the game when these were around, don’t you remember them?

• I want to try the game with these, I don’t remember what it was like before.

• Ahhh yes, i remember. Totally forgot about these :p
    Imho both should be reintroduced, no team flinch always has been and always will be stupid, dont know why it was removed, probably for the newbies/steam sale.

Parry during riposte was incredibly awesome, it toned down the hittrades, made the gameplay more fluid and 1vX more fun. But wouldn´t that render PiP useless?

• Teamflinch is needed, perhaps then people will start kicking tkers and lmbspammers once again. People might actually learn that there are other attacks as well, nowadays it’s hard to kick someone with 15% teamdamage when the person got 20+ kills. How the bloody hell do you get 15% teamdamage if you have 20kills? it’s a friggen mystery for me.

imo tbh.

• @Ranulf:

team flinch=if a teammate hits another teammate during their windup, they flinch

parry-during-riposte=a bug where if you parried and then riposted, the rest of your active parry frames would still be active during the riposte allowing you to parry with a riposte, but still continue the attack

the video explains it pretty well tbh

Do you like them or no? You obviously played the game when these were around, don’t you remember them?

team flinch sucked in pubs, it made it very annoying when hit by team mates.

I don’t recall parry being active on a riposte but that seems a little much - strike someone and defend against his team mates at the same time.

• @Xylvion:

How the bloody hell do you get 15% teamdamage if you have 20kills? it’s a friggen mystery for me.

Common for jerks who kill a lot and then spend their offtime killing their own archers

• The lack of team flinch occasionally leads to a “launching” of another enemy teammate who, although began his attack well out of range to hit you, will now be rocketed into range. It is one of the most annoying things about the situation.

• The parry during riposte thing seems weird, but I would like to try that and would definitely like teammate flinching!

• @HTM:

Parry during riposte was incredibly awesome, it toned down the hittrades, made the gameplay more fluid and 1vX more fun. But wouldn´t that render PiP useless?

True. That sucks, I really like PiP. :o

• @Cerebral:

The lack of team flinch occasionally leads to a “launching” of another enemy teammate who, although began his attack well out of range to hit you, will now be rocketed into range. It is one of the most annoying things about the situation.

This.

/10rocketmauls

• I wish we could have parry + flinchable ripostes , that way we dont have the frustrating situation where you hit that riposting maul guys only to find yourself unable to parry