How many weapons are unviable against knights?

• Very few, right? You can have a viable chance of winning against a knight using almost any weapon in the game.

How many weapons in the game are unviable against vanguards? Well there’s more than knight but still not that many at all.

How many weapons in the game are unviable against MaAs? Yeah… Let’s just think about that for awhile. And it isn’t just because of the broad sword. It’s everything about MaAs like their footspeed, acceleration, lack of forward chase, low amounts of stamina, how long/how many resources it takes to kill them and unpunishable mistakes that make them OP. The broad sword isn’t really the problem, look at broad sword knights. MaAs are the problem.

• how many weapons are unviable against archers?

• Global Moderator

@zombojoe:

how many weapons are unviable against archers?

None obviously.

Well actually when you think about it most weapons are viable against archers.

Shields aren’t.

• well flanged mace is kinda garbage and so is quarter staff vs archers

• Global Moderator

@zombojoe:

well flanged mace is kinda garbage and so is quarter staff vs archers

Q-staff has the speed and unpredictableness going for it. But yeah flanged mace isn’t great against archers. Grand mace too for that matter.

• @SOC:

How many weapons in the game are unviable against vanguards? Well there’s more than knight but still not that many at all.

You shitting me? 2/3 of the weapons in the game are useless against vaguard because of shitty knockback and huge stam drain from blocking.

• Unviablility against the lighter classes is hugely determent by the hits to kill ratio.

Why use a slow Grand Mace instead of your secondary (Broadsword for example)? The broadsword is faster, same reach, but despite the difference in damage also the same HTK.

• @Rickvs:

Why use a slow Grand Mace instead of your secondary (Broadsword for example)?

Because popping heads is more fun than slashing them off.

Longsword also has same average HTK as broadsword against men at arms yet people don’t usually switch from LS to BS if they encounter man at arms (mostly because of the reach and dragging ability of LS).

It just seems to be the case where people really feel the need to use slashing weapons against MAA but MAA don’t feel the need to use blunt weapons against knights. Sad but true state currently.

• @Kreittis:

It just seems to be the case where people really feel the need to use slashing weapons against MAA but MAA don’t feel the need to use blunt weapons against knights. Sad but true state currently.

That because the blunt weapons work only against knights and you would fuck yourself in every other scenario.
    Would be a different story if the flagged Mace were a MAA secondary or like i suggested in the past make blunts effectiv against Vanguards.

• @zombojoe:

how many weapons are unviable against archers?

Everyone agrees archers are OP, though.

@TheFunnySide:

You shitting me? 2/3 of the weapons in the game are useless against vaguard because of shitty knockback and huge stam drain from blocking.

It does make it harder than knights for sure, but you with the bubble reduction now you can close the distance against any dancing kiting vanguard with only 2 blocks with most short weapons, with or without a shield. It’s viable, but not preferred. You can do it with flanged mace, HWS, war hammer, hatchet, waraxe, double axe, bearded axe, grand mace, even flail when the shield actually works. If you can’t outplay them fast with the stamina you have after those two blocks, you’ll probably lose the fight, but that doesn’t make them unviable against vanguards. Don’t worry, I think vangaurds should have less knockback and stamina drain, too. They needed buffing but not in that way.

@Rickvs:

Unviablility against the lighter classes is hugely determent by the hits to kill ratio.

Why use a slow Grand Mace instead of your secondary (Broadsword for example)? The broadsword is faster, same reach, but despite the difference in damage also the same HTK.

To be honest, broad sword knight vs MaA isn’t very good at all as it just turns you into a slower MaA without dodge. You’re just setting your self up for perma-flinched that makes hit trading almost impossible because they will always have more effective range with their foot speed. Norse sword is your only option and even then if you have more than 80 ping, you’ll get flinched. But that’s the point here: since when did you have to switch from your primary to your secondary just to fight knights or vanguards? There are no weapons equivalent to the match up of grand mace (ect.) vs MaA to MaA vs anything else. Everything works against knights, very few things work against MaAs and even then to say it “works” is pushing it.

@TheFunnySide:

That because the blunt weapons work only against knights and you would fuck yourself in every other scenario.
    Would be a different story if the flagged Mace were a MAA secondary or like i suggested in the past make blunts effectiv against Vanguards.

In old Chivalry, war hammer, flanged mace and falchion were the three best weapons in the game as they two shot every class with 2 LMBs to the head which was incredibly easy to do because the head hitboxes were bigger. There was no bubble, no knock back, everyone had tons of stamina and combo feint to parry worked flawlessly. Shields had no kick to daze and running out of stamina literally did nothing except knock you back slightly but you could still immediately parry anything afterwards and get stamina back from it. You had no problem hitting MaAs with them, even, but to be fair MaA skill cap was much lower back then and they had slower footspeed and dodge distance. Blunts are still pretty effective against vanguards, it’s just their knockback and stamina drain makes it harder. Making blunts secondaries to MaAs wouldn’t really change anything. MaAs need fundamental nerfs so that other MaA weapons become indirectly decisive and they have more counterplay.

It’s funny because I remember people saying knights were OP because they get MaA primaries as their secondaries.

• @SOC:

In old Chivalry, war hammer, flanged mace and falchion were the three best weapons in the game as they two shot every class with 2 LMBs to the head

lmfaooooooo

• I played a lot of warhammer and falchion back in the day, not anymore.

• @Xylvion:

I played a lot of warhammer and falchion back in the day, not anymore.

last time i checked the falchion had broken tracers for the most part

warhammer was fine tho no clue why they got nerfed so hard

• @zombojoe:

last time i checked the falchion had broken tracers for the most part

warhammer was fine tho no clue why they got nerfed so hard

Falchion still has some broken tracers but they did fix a lot of it awhile ago. War hammer was never nerfed I think, just the bubble + MaA/archer buffs + vanguard knock back/stamina drain + increase of everyone’s skill made it worse. You can still use it very well against knights as it can two shot them reliably, and it’s okay against vanguards for the same reason, but it’ll take a lot more effort.

• MAA buff? you mean that they no longer were able to attack during dodge and that dodge got a cooldown? yeah sure, lets call them buffs.

• @Xylvion:

MAA buff? you mean that they no longer were able to attack during dodge and that dodge got a cooldown? yeah sure, lets call them buffs.

They also increased their foot speed absurdly, removed CftP (still hasn’t returned properly) and got more dodge distance. Absolutely a buff.

Oh, yeah, forgot one of the most important ones. Removal of forward chase = massive buff to MaAs, too.

• dont agree with this thread

• @CRUSHED:

1. warhammer, falchion and flanged mace were never the best weapons in the game, at no point in history of this game
    2. falchion could never 2shot knights
    3. flanged mace could never 2shot knights until only "recently"
    4. especially not with fucking LMBs
    5. falchion didnt have broken tracers, just the odd model + no bubble made it harder to parry then usual
    6. warhammer used to 2shot knights with bodyshots and it got nerfed

srsly this thread

1. definitely were in early stages, everyone everywhere were using them, especially in closed beta, alongside halberd and norse sword
    2. it definitely did, I probably got vids somewhere, too lazy to search though
    3. as above
    4. as above
    5. there were moments it was 100% un-parriable, it’s easier now though
    6. I don’t remember the body shots, but it still hits the head easier than other weapons so it continues to 2 shot reliably

srs these europeans always behind

• im sure u got some vids somewhere, go search them

• @CRUSHED:

noone cares about the closed beta though, im just talking release when halberd was pretty good and 1h sow with shield was ridicoulus

im sure u got some vids somewhere, go search them

100% unparriable, LOL

yes yes warhammer so good 2shot so gud gl

hmm yes, “odd weapon model” indeed. Definitely regular tracers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK0KwR8qBlo