Time to move on

• Flinch in release plox add it back.

• You gotta be all about that bass. No treble.

• @CRUSHED:

all the top tier players already abandoned this game a while ago. even scrimming is shit now

there are no top tier players anymore

just scrub clans of rank 40s that fall for maul feints

• @zombojoe:

rank 40s that fall for maul feints

That hurts, Zombo.

• @Rickvs:

That hurts, Zombo.

Don’t mind zombo, he is just salty because he’s a lvl 50 noob who doesn’t need to be feinted in order to be killed.

• for all its flaws (and there are many, no doubt) chiv is still an awesome game, there still isnt anything like it. before u give up on it, for now at least, trying playing this game drunk and or hi (legally oc, im not recomending breaking any laws). it is awesome!

• What about the map contest?
    With so many new TO maps, one can hardly say that Chiv has been static, it just hasn’t changed it’s mechanics.

I do agree about the lack of players problem though. coughs bots coughs

• @ChuckingIt:

Don’t mind zombo, he is just salty because he’s a lvl 50 noob who doesn’t need to be feinted in order to be killed.

still salty that i feint you with shortsword m8? xd

• NO WORRIES WE GOT MOAR FREE FOR ALL SERVERS INCOMING

• @FrankHH:

NO WORRIES WE GOT MOAR FREE FOR ALL SERVERS INCOMING

Sarcasm? I can’t tell.

But in case it isn’t: No, I hate ffa.

• @Jon:

Even if we were to pretend that the abundance of bugs and balance issues in the game itself wasn’t a problem, the fact is that there are less players playing the game every week. At least on the EU servers. It’s gotten to a point where I have to wait until late in the afternoon just to find a server that isn’t above 100 ping.

I would still have to settle for a ping of 84-92 on most servers which already makes the game pretty much unplayable, especially when dueling. It’s painfully obvious that the game was designed for a ping of 0 to 20. Have you seen how attacks look like when playing with a ping above 80?

But the point is, this game hasn’t moved anywhere in the past year. It’s just frozen in place. I like the cosmetics as much as the next guy but you can’t expect people to keep coming back for new armor, a weapon skin etc. Could be the game has just gotten boring for me but I don’t enjoy it anymore. Too many of the fights these days depend more on luck rather than skill. You could read your opponent’s every feint, parry every reverse overhead and still get gambled.

And there are weapons that reward these kind of gamblerknights. Messer, namely. Against a knight all you need is two overheads to the head and you win. Then add feints on top of that. There’s no challenge.

So I’m leaving. I won’t uninstall in case they ever come out with a game-changing patch that magically fixes everything. But for now, I think I’m done. I don’t regret the time I spent in this game. There aren’t many games like this out there and it’s safe to say that out of the few there are, CMW was the best one so far. Maybe one day there will be a similar game that’s more polished… and with less MAA dodges and VG charges. One can hope.

I still make a grueling attempt at playing it. Hell, is it just me, or do you feel you do your PC harm when you open the non-essential pointless loader that still exists for who knows what reason? Anyway, it’s becoming tedious even keeping this game on my hard drive now; and it’s not even my main hard drive. I actually want to delete it off of a barely filled secondary hard drive. Seriously, I just play it from time to time when I have absolutely nothing else to play. It’s the lesser of two evils now when all other games I play just make me die of boredom - until chiv does, at which point I resort to netflix.

• The biggest reason so few people are playing currently and not even noob servers are populated any more is mostly because of the server browser crashing Chivalry after you try to enter a server that is full. People don’t know/are too lazy to create an offline game and then try to join a server again so they just think the server browser is broken (again) and don’t bother trying any more. It really should’ve been fixed immediately after the last patch but, well. Yeah.

• @SOC:

The biggest reason so few people are playing currently and not even noob servers are populated any more is mostly because of the server browser crashing Chivalry after you try to enter a server that is full.

Its not only full servers, I had the day off and at least a dozen crashes, it does get tiring and I never crashed before the UI update.

Steam stats population we are at a recent low - 1800 concurrent players on a friday. Most have migrated over to the low rank servers just to find a low ping server.

Speaking of which if you go to a low rank at least go attacking on TO, nothing worse than a couple of rank 50s defending on a noob server.

• Best of Luck op. Regardless complaints mentioned in this thread and the in game fish eyed trolls whos only talent of late
    seem to be hitting a players back or a group of players backs or a distracted foe lmb gold hatters, I will never stop
    playing what I purchased and paid for in cash. They and the game bugs are not worth it. Can’t you lot wish him well
    and don’t take this thread as your change to whine and grissle about rubbish. Don’t play if you don’t like the game.
    Its very simple really is.

• Meh, i have no problems finding servers.

• @Agent:

Meh, i have no problems finding servers.

Finding servers isn’t the problem, joining without crashing is.

• @Agent:

Meh, i have no problems finding servers.

Well, I do.
    Does nobody share my urgency for bots before this game dies completely?

• I bought the DLC knights, so I’m pretty much trapped playing the game and hoping. It was in a fairly good place at one point a little over a year ago, and it can be again. Come on TB, justify my purchase of these 10 dollar knights! And hire someone who can fix some of the glaring balance issues that have been plaguing the last few builds.

Also, fewer low-level servers please, having the only decent ping servers in my area be low rank during the part of the day when I generally play is frustrating as all hell.

• @Skindiacus:

Well, I do.

I do, but I think reversing the concept and adding Chiv’s combat and weaponry to Skyrim for example would be a lot easier.

• @Skindiacus:

Well, I do.

I have no idea what you’re asking. You can already play with bots in the single player offline mode? And I don’t care about bots at all, I want to fight players, bots are boring and mindless.