Make Weapon Parry Box

• This would make the game instantly better, like for real. Spin2win would never be used because backparries wouldn’t exist unless angled completely perfectly which I would be cool with because it would actually take a shit ton of skill. People would actually care about footwork and you couldn’t be lottod by someone half arsing the timing of their parry and blocking almost everything. Weapon accuracy would be pretty legit too, instead of hit trade warfare meta and feint spamming being the only way to get hits in.

Overall more skill required = better game

• You did an absolutely horrible job on describing the mechanic you want put into the game, just so you know.

But yea, a change to parry animations and making the weapon model the only parry hittbox might fix a lot of sillyness with parrying.

Imagine having to parry someone by placing your weapon into your opponents attack to actually parry them instead of just parrying and waiting for their weapon to make contact with your face.

But seriously, huge animation changes would have to be made to make this actually work, cause as it stands every weapon’s parry animation is just you holding your weapon up to shield your eyes from the sun.

Also back parrying would still be possible, albeit harder depending on the change to the parry hit box.

• @randomlvl40+:

You did an absolutely horrible job on describing the mechanic you want put into the game, just so you know.

But yea, a change to parry animations and making the weapon model the only parry hittbox might fix a lot of sillyness with parrying.

Imagine having to parry someone by placing your weapon into your opponents attack to actually parry them instead of just parrying and waiting for their weapon to make contact with your face.

But seriously, huge animation changes would have to be made to make this actually work, cause as it stands every weapon’s parry animation is just you holding your weapon up to shield your eyes from the sun.

Also back parrying would still be possible, albeit harder depending on the change to the parry hit box.

Uhhh, no I didn’t. I literally mean when you parry the weapon you’re parrying with has a hit box around it. Instead of having a parry box with the player.

Not like you have to swing against the other weapon. No animation changes needed.

This just makes fighting so much more fun and dynamic, instead of lame parry attack parry fights, OOO I’m gonna feint!

Parry attack parry.

Probably just another complaint about this game in general though I guess. Theslashering has every weapon contact feel like an engagement, so it doesn’t feel like you’re just taking turns but that you’re actually sword fighting.

This would just make the rest of my time playing chiv not suck as much.

Again, it’s not an added mechanic it’s a simple hit box/parry box change

• how are you going to parry anything ?

• @CRUSHED:

never going to work with the current mechanics and animations in this game

how are you going to parry anything ? lol

By aligning your weapon with the attack at the blade? instead of generally timing it and just parrying in any direction

parrying is just way to easy. By far one of the worst parts about this game. This in turn pretty much forces us to base the entire game around feinting and timing drags which are way to easy in and of them self, and when they are not it feels really guessy and inconsistent.

• im doubt you have 100% parry accuracy

• @CRUSHED:

im sure you have 100% parry accuracy against gs vanguards, broadsword maas etc, parry super easy and consistent, right bro? how many tourneys did you win again in this game?

Being able to parry = winning tourneys?

There is no comp scene anymore no need to bring out the ego stick ou never really had buddy. Broadsword is actually pretty easy to parry directionally it’s just really fast with the stab. Greatsword same thing although the stab is kinda hard but bottom line the majority of the time you fuck up in this game is when feinted against, or target switched from behind or the sides. Parrying is easy.

Bringing up someone else’s skill =/= proving a gameplay point.

• The current parry animations is disgusting.

And simply changing the hit box to shape the weapon without changing animation would almost litteraly do jack all.

Changing the animations and mechanics so that you weapon/parry sticks out in front of you would fix so many things.

Instead of being forced yo wait for an enemy to drag his weapon into your face you would just be able to put your weapon into his drag and force a parry.

And if you think parrying is easy, then you must be play like a rank 20.

It is litteraly impossible for your opponent to parry you if you don’t land your attack.

The party hit box does nothing unless their weapon contacts your model and your weapon doesn’t count as part of your model.

I’d like to see parrying made more skill based but a simple change in parry hit box size will do nothing good.

• hmm… i dont think so

• @randomlvl40+:

The current parry animations is disgusting.And simply changing the hit box to shape the weapon without changing animation would almost litteraly do jack all.Changing the animations so that you weapon sticks out in front of you would fix so many things.Instead of being forced yo wait for an enemy to drag his weapon into your face you would just be able to put your weapon into his drag and force a parry.And if you think parrying is easy, then you must be play like a rank 20.It is litteraly impossible for your opponent to parry you if you don’t land your attack.The party hit box does nothing unless their weapon contacts your model and your weapon doesn’t count as part of your model.I’d like to see parrying made more skill based but a simple change in parry hit box size will do nothing good.

Ummm….yes it will?

I play “comp” against pretty good players for quite awhile and parrying drags really aren’t hard…at all…

You shouldn’t be able to push your parry out to pretty much destroy the dragging mechanic in general and make another part of the game useless, and we shouldn’t try to fundamentally change the game because it’s already dead/dying and it’s been two years since relase. That being said I’d like to give footwork and aim some fucking merit in this game instead of literally all of it being timing (which is pretty fucking easy) and feint reading.

The parry hit box will force you to use your footwork and keep your body aligned properly in order to parry well. That’s all we should want.

If you fuck up, you get hit regardless of timing.

• @CRUSHED:

And yet i see countless of failed parries in alot of scrim recordings or while spectating. Must be all bad players right?

They’re usually all neck hits which are pretty much the only drags that would follow with consistent hitting when someone is off balance.

Other than that, target switches and feints are really all that kill people in “comp”

You get the occassional back hits but that’s just tracers being dumb and those should’ve gone through if they hit the side anyway but they don’t if you hit the side.

and b0ckswings

• Then again you’re one of the guys that wanted a bigger bubble, panic parry back, and the entire game to be balanced around reading feints so this doesn’t suprise me.

• Your signature Huggles. Come on.

(Voted yes, this would be cool)

• @Skindiacus:

Your signature Huggles. Come on.

(Voted yes, this would be cool)

hehe, I’m cool with better bots but every ad campaign needs an anti ad campaign

gotta keep the balance m8

(thank you for thinking it would be cool)

• @Huggles:

hehe, I’m cool with better bots but every ad campaign needs an anti ad campaign

That actually makes sense.

• You need to learn how to pull off waterfall overheads or learn how to properly use the stab if you think parrying is easy.

If parrying is so easy then why can’t anyone under rank 40 ever parry me unless I let them?

Getting around the parry hit box with overheads and stab drags is extremely easy.

And even if that doesn’t work, I drag my swing away so they can’t parry it and combo into a different swing.

So you are telling me you enjoy intentional missing?

Cause the mechanic I described would eliminate that completely.

And drags would still be use full cause you would still be able to drag around their parry hitbox that surrounds their weapon, but now good players would have the chance to force the parry.

That would be skill based parrying, especially if they are using 1h weapons.

Besides, I’m pretty tired of being forced to smash my face against my enemies weapon in order to pull off a simple parry.

• Animations aren’t nearly smooth enough lol. Sure, on your end, you might be clearly dragging your gr8sword around some dudes parry, but on his end, that animations is skipping along at 5 frames a second and It’s hard for him to pinpoint exactly where it’ll begin release and where the weapon is relative to his character’s body characters on the animation alone….and by HARD, I mean it’ll be inconsistent. I don’t like butt parries but I don’t get butt parried enough to make me want this.

• @randomlvl40+:

You need to learn how to pull off waterfall overheads or learn how to properly use the stab if you think parrying is easy.

If parrying is so easy then why can’t anyone under rank 40 ever parry me unless I let them?

Getting around the parry hit box with overheads and stab drags is extremely easy.

And even if that doesn’t work, I drag my swing away so they can’t parry it and combo into a different swing.

So you are telling me you enjoy intentional missing?

Cause the mechanic I described would eliminate that completely.

And drags would still be use full cause you would still be able to drag around their parry hitbox that surrounds their weapon, but now good players would have the chance to force the parry.

That would be skill based parrying, especially if they are using 1h weapons.

Besides, I’m pretty tired of being forced to smash my face against my enemies weapon in order to pull off a simple parry.

No, your change would do nothing to stop clearly perfectly angled attacks from being stupidly parried from someone looking an entirely different direction. Your changes would just make parrying easier over all, while doing nothing to stop the main problem. Off balanced players still being able to parry

• @swagfox:

Animations aren’t nearly smooth enough lol. Sure, on your end, you might be clearly dragging your gr8sword around some dudes parry, but on his end, that animations is skipping along at 5 frames a second and It’s hard for him to pinpoint exactly where it’ll begin release and where the weapon is relative to his character’s body characters on the animation alone….and by HARD, I mean it’ll be inconsistent. I don’t like butt parries but I don’t get butt parried enough to make me want this.

TBS doesn’t know what they are doing. This is why fake first person is stupid, there should only be one animation set in this game and each animations should be recorded server side.

TBS is just incompetent, but these changes would be a good way to do stuff imho

your concerns are pretty legit though, and those are really the only arguments against.

• Sounds like an absolute strain in netcode and will make stab drags impossible to parry.