Make Weapon Parry Box

• @CRUSHED:

so you can only parry like half of the attacks thrown at you? great reliability m8

the whole game is balanced around feints, if you can read every feint youre the best player lol

but ye complain about spin2win wtf lol wtf is that even ?

I can parry 99% of attacks…sure i can’t parry some backswings with funny tracers, or instant spear/brandistock slash ripostes without 110% concentration. Parrying maa is a joke comparison.

The reason i complain about spin2win playstyle is because it’s a big part of the current meta, why? because parrying everything else is so easy people have to rely on gimmicky weapons and playstyles like huggles said (spin2win + maul) just to get around the parries. Feinting is the only reliable tactic that we can use to bypass a parry

If this game was balanced around feints every weapon would be viable without gimmicky playstyles, and sword animations wouldn’t be as strong, but that’s not the case…there’s a reason why some people want the 100% bubble back.

• @CRUSHED:

its an inside joke of the eu community you mongoloid. the people that actually dislike me think entire lions cheat because we ****d the entire scene so hard it didnt recover. we trashed your team 14-0 with higher pings and YOU CRIED about ping when its actually much easier for the team with low ping then the one with highping. “even with the ridicoulus ping it would be easy” what? afaik you cried tears in that game because of ping LOLi like slasher cause it will be a fantastic melee game and lotto is pretty shit in that game i heard

I left kt way before that scrim lol

never played against an eu player but from what I see the duel game isn’t that stronk considering it’s turn taking + feint read + lotto

the scrim meta is pretty much the same in NA tho

parries are easy, proven fact.

I don’t care how good you are, parrying is easy. We’re not talking about feints because feints mess with timings/anticipations/whatever but parrying any sort of drag is pretty fucking easy.

I can read feints, but that has nothing to do with parrying being too easy.

Point being, if you can’t get it through your thick skull

PARRYING IS EASYYY

PARRYING

IS

EASY

EASY IS PARRYING

PARRYING IS EASYYYYY

You z stab I block the totally wrong direction, I still parry it.

You jump stab, I look down to parry, I parry it

it requires general timing and that’s it.

• Insulting someone’s skill level to prove a point about the game being too easy? If anything here I’ll agree with you. I’m bad k?

I’m a terrible shitty player

why am I even in the comp scene then?

……because PARRYING

IS

EASYYYYYYY

It’s not hard to get good at this game, the learning curve is crazy hard, the mastery curve is easy.

please shaddup

• @CRUSHED:

yes parry so easy and yet youre nothing but a mediocre player

LOL if a mediocre player can parry 90% of drags then just imagine a good player (i can confirm he can). Make parrying harder and you get Huggles out of the comp scene ;)

It’s not surprising though, you practice against good players and eventually you’ll parry every drag thrown at you.

• @Huggles:

never played against an eu player but from what I see the duel game isn’t that stronk considering it’s turn taking + feint read + lotto

the scrim meta is pretty much the same in NA tho

i can never get to play in the kendos because sophax is before me and just solos it everytime against na clans :(

na duel level is not even remotely close to eu lol, you cry about spin2win… there was only raw boner who was really good but he doesnt play anymore, spook and some other tempest guys are good too

lol the scrim meta is nowhere near the same

but yy parry 2 easy proven fact by huggles

• @CRUSHED:

i can never get to play in the kendos because sophax is before me and just solos it everytime against na clans :(

na duel level is not even remotely close to eu lol, you cry about spin2win… there was only raw boner who was really good but he doesnt play anymore, spook and some other tempest guys are good too

lol the scrim meta is nowhere near the same

but yy parry 2 easy proven fact by huggles

the only argument you gave was “good players can’t parry sometimes, therefore parry box shouldn’t be changed”

wut

it’s so silly, anyone with some common sense would agree with me this game is 50% timing 40% feint reading 5% aiming 5% footwork

it’s so ridiculous how one sided the skill set is.

if you can generally time things well, have a fast reaction, you’re good at the game.

not enough structuring and lining and strining and coordination involved.

just barebone skills

hopefully this won’t be the case at all in slasher, and it will actually require tactical stringing and set ups to be good. Instead of “I can read feints HUE, I can press parry at the right time HUE” because that’s literally all this game is.

people confuse skill ceiling with learning cruve, chiv has a very high learning curve and a very low skill ceiling.

You get to the point where the only thing you can get better at is feintreading, and that’s boring.

feints should be an added mechanic not the focus of the game.

The only argument against are the technical side of things i.e torn banner can’t make it happen if they poured the rest of their modding lives to do it.

which I think it’s false because it’s pretty easy to just at the very least drastically change the values of the parry box

• @Huggles:

common sense would agree with me this game is 50% timing 40% feint reading 5% aiming 5% footwork

TOP KEK if you are a noob standing still trading blows lulz tbh

top kek

• @gregcau:

TOP KEK if you are a noob standing still trading blows lulz tbh

top kek

my point is there isn’t nearly as much necessity in footwork as there should be, footwork and lining should be the focus in any melee game, no pure reaction time.

Footwork is a very good boost in chiv, but it should be much more emphasized and critical, so should set ups and lining.

If you parry the wrong side you should get hit, if you parry the right side but are wayy off balance, you should get hit.

Simple as that

• The good thing about this idea is that parrying with each weapon would be unique as the parry box would be different and in a vaguely different location for each weapon.

• Footwork IS important. It’s entirely possible to side-step or sprint past a lot of swings, especially with jumps and mind-games thrown in. Reflexes are also very important. Aiming is not. That’s all that needs to be fixed, is aiming parries. The idea of unique parry boxes for each weapon solves this mostly, but I don’t think you understand all of the animation changes that involves, both 1P and 3P perspectives would have to be reworked to accurately show where the weapon “is” so you can move to parry it precisely. But we all know what happens when TB changes animations, don’t we? Never mind designing and balancing a complex system of parry boxes and fine tuning. Then factor in mistakes, bugs, lag and netcode. End of the day, this is an idea for either a mod or chiv 2, and even then it would be hard to do right.

• @Oy:

Footwork IS important. It’s entirely possible to side-step or sprint past a lot of swings, especially with jumps and mind-games thrown in. Reflexes are also very important. Aiming is not. That’s all that needs to be fixed, is aiming parries. The idea of unique parry boxes for each weapon solves this mostly, but I don’t think you understand all of the animation changes that involves, both 1P and 3P perspectives would have to be reworked to accurately show where the weapon “is” so you can move to parry it precisely. But we all know what happens when TB changes animations, don’t we? Never mind designing and balancing a complex system of parry boxes and fine tuning. Then factor in mistakes, bugs, lag and netcode. End of the day, this is an idea for either a mod or chiv 2, and even then it would be hard to do right.

Revert all shitty animation changes tbs attempted so we get them baby smooth animations back, make real first person animations. Meaning only one set being the first person set. Adjust parry box to the individual weapons.

so sick of people acting as if tbs can’t actually do it. They just don’t care about thr game anymore this is very clear. They obviously view at a chore and not an exciting new project. Now they just wanna money grab and release a hot fix every couple of months.

• parry boxes are too big currently, allows such shit like back parries and very easy parries which direction doesn’t always even matter anymore. I liked having to actually parry tips of weapons for the most part and i’m sick of people ass parrying, but making the weapon the parry box is not the best solution. It’d be pretty easy to attack feet or lower extremities for easy opening hits.

• so sick of people acting as if tbs can’t actually do it. They just don’t care about thr game anymore this is very clear. They obviously view at a chore and not an exciting new project. Now they just wanna money grab and release a hot fix every couple of months.

Honestly I do have faith in their development abilities, but not on their commitment to their game or community as of right now. It would take a badass sequel to convince me of their capabilities. Tis a grand dream, though.

• im not sure about that mate

• @Oy:

Footwork IS important. It’s entirely possible to side-step or sprint past a lot of swings, especially with jumps and mind-games thrown in. Reflexes are also very important. Aiming is not. That’s all that needs to be fixed, is aiming parries. The idea of unique parry boxes for each weapon solves this mostly, but I don’t think you understand all of the animation changes that involves, both 1P and 3P perspectives would have to be reworked to accurately show where the weapon “is” so you can move to parry it precisely. But we all know what happens when TB changes animations, don’t we? Never mind designing and balancing a complex system of parry boxes and fine tuning. Then factor in mistakes, bugs, lag and netcode. End of the day, this is an idea for either a mod or chiv 2, and even then it would be hard to do right.

I don’t think they need to change the animations. Even now people have adapted to the various changes that occurred with the buckler; current hit boxes don’t really match up that well for all the weapons but we get used to it.

PS 3P perspective doesn’t count.

• i think all parries should do damage to archers.