Introduce clash like mechanic from Slasher

• To get rid of the mongoloid hit trade spam, introduce a mechanic similar to the one from Slasher. When two weapons are in their release phase, and a hit trade is inevitable, the weapons hit each other sending both players back to the idle state. Thoughts?

• Player 1 starts overhead.
    Player 2 starts horizontal slash.

Both release at the same time, but weapons are nowhere near each other.

Explain to me how this will result in a clash and stop hit trading.

AFAIK the other game wants to implement a first hit flinch system stop hit trades completely, which would mean Chivalry would have to bring back flinch in release to supplement clashing in order stop hit trading.

Not a fan of this mechanic being added into a game that’s nearly 2 years old.

• @Knifelegs:

Player 1 starts overhead.
    Player 2 starts horizontal slash.

Both release at the same time, but weapons are nowhere near each other.

Explain to me how this will result in a clash and stop hit trading.

AFAIK the other game wants to implement a first hit flinch system stop hit trades completely, which would mean Chivalry would have to bring back flinch in release to supplement clashing in order stop hit trading.

Not a fan of this mechanic being added into a game that’s nearly 2 years old.

It would obviously only occur in if both weapons hit each other.

• its never going to work in chiv because the animations & tracer system are straight up broken lol

and good luck getting tbs to code this properly lol, just abandon the game and wait for slasher and in the meantime play cs go like everyone else, noone cares about chiv anymore its not a comp game anywhere close stop wasting your time

• whens slasher?

• Sounds good on paper but in reality doesnt seem like it would work, fast weapons would be broken, player 1 has a maul with a .7 windup, player 2 has a poleaxe .5 windup, player 1 starts an overhead, player 2 recognizes that and says nah i got dat .5 windup so im going to lmb and either flinch him or we clash, which then resets the state, so that automatically gives the poleaxe user initiative because the maul player HAS to be on the defensive, lotto player 2 can either feint, or just mindlessly attack, while the maul player is forced to parry, clash, or attempt to read feints or just lotto

• @Noobstomper:

Sounds good on paper but in reality doesnt seem like it would work, fast weapons would be broken, player 1 has a maul with a .7 windup, player 2 has a poleaxe .5 windup, player 1 starts an overhead, player 2 recognizes that and says nah i got dat .5 windup so im going to lmb and either flinch him or we clash, which then resets the state, so that automatically gives the poleaxe user initiative because the maul player HAS to be on the defensive, lotto player 2 can either feint, or just mindlessly attack, while the maul player is forced to parry, clash, or attempt to read feints or just lotto

slasher has a solution to that chiv can copy paste tho

after clashing the resets to next attacking phase are the same for both weapons

faster weapon would get the windup toned down, slower weapons would get their windups turned up. Something like that

• Global Moderator

Kingdom come deliverance has this also. But its combat is based on kinematic equations. Something that really can’t be done in a multiplayer game.

• @Huggles:

slasher has a solution to that chiv can copy paste tho

after clashing the resets to next attacking phase are the same for both weapons

faster weapon would get the windup toned down, slower weapons would get their windups turned up. Something like that

if that was the case than why would anyone use a faster weaker weapon when the slower stronger weapons have the similar windup?

• @Noobstomper:

if that was the case than why would anyone use a faster weaker weapon when the slower stronger weapons have the similar windup?

Bigger weapons make you slower

If you can aim you can avoid the clash and instead FiR

In a cqc 1vN you can force people on the defensive

In a 1vN you have more survivability due to bigger footspeed

• @CRUSHED:

its never going to work in chiv because the animations & tracer system are straight up broken lol

and good luck getting tbs to code this properly lol, just abandon the game and wait for slasher and in the meantime play cs go like everyone else, noone cares about chiv anymore its not a comp game anywhere close stop wasting your time

I have to agree with #2. Apart from that why does #4 almost pop up daily often twice a day to run down Chivalry?
    can’t you do that on your site as usual.

• and good luck getting tbs to code this properly lol, just abandon the game and wait for slasher and in the meantime play cs go like everyone else, noone cares about chiv anymore its not a comp game anywhere close stop wasting your time

Lol, that is what most of thee good Aus players have done. I haven’t touched chiv in about 2 weeks now. So close to lvl 60 but meh, couldn’t be arsed. TB failed me big time by saying they are doing balance stuff, spending time with the community and then … consoles? WTF.

Are the new map winners even in the game officially yet?

• What is this Slasher game I keep reading about? Tried Google search but didn’t get anything relevant.

• Slasher, the Slashening.

• No seriously, what is this mysterious Slasher game that keeps getting mentioned here that doesn’t show up on Google? It’s confusing me. Link or something please. Or is it just some grand prank eh?

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiazeX9qaEQ

I assume sharing the vid is okay?

• Is coming soon. Im pretty sure is coming out for Wii

http://www.gfycat.com/DamagedCloudyEskimodog

• What would be cool is if both players could riposte off a ‘clash’.

• @giantyak:

What would be cool is if both players could riposte off a ‘clash’.

You mean so they clash again until they both agree to stop clashing

• @swagfox:

You mean so they clash again until they both agree to stop clashing

=/=
    No,
    clash / riposte / etc, until someone drags, feints, insert other alternate action = a faster means to an end than parry / riposte volley.