Introduce clash like mechanic from Slasher

• @Huggles:

slasher has a solution to that chiv can copy paste tho

after clashing the resets to next attacking phase are the same for both weapons

faster weapon would get the windup toned down, slower weapons would get their windups turned up. Something like that

if that was the case than why would anyone use a faster weaker weapon when the slower stronger weapons have the similar windup?

• @Noobstomper:

if that was the case than why would anyone use a faster weaker weapon when the slower stronger weapons have the similar windup?

Bigger weapons make you slower

If you can aim you can avoid the clash and instead FiR

In a cqc 1vN you can force people on the defensive

In a 1vN you have more survivability due to bigger footspeed

• @CRUSHED:

its never going to work in chiv because the animations & tracer system are straight up broken lol

and good luck getting tbs to code this properly lol, just abandon the game and wait for slasher and in the meantime play cs go like everyone else, noone cares about chiv anymore its not a comp game anywhere close stop wasting your time

I have to agree with #2. Apart from that why does #4 almost pop up daily often twice a day to run down Chivalry?
    can’t you do that on your site as usual.

• and good luck getting tbs to code this properly lol, just abandon the game and wait for slasher and in the meantime play cs go like everyone else, noone cares about chiv anymore its not a comp game anywhere close stop wasting your time

Lol, that is what most of thee good Aus players have done. I haven’t touched chiv in about 2 weeks now. So close to lvl 60 but meh, couldn’t be arsed. TB failed me big time by saying they are doing balance stuff, spending time with the community and then … consoles? WTF.

Are the new map winners even in the game officially yet?

• What is this Slasher game I keep reading about? Tried Google search but didn’t get anything relevant.

• Slasher, the Slashening.

• No seriously, what is this mysterious Slasher game that keeps getting mentioned here that doesn’t show up on Google? It’s confusing me. Link or something please. Or is it just some grand prank eh?

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiazeX9qaEQ

I assume sharing the vid is okay?

• Is coming soon. Im pretty sure is coming out for Wii

http://www.gfycat.com/DamagedCloudyEskimodog

• What would be cool is if both players could riposte off a ‘clash’.

• @giantyak:

What would be cool is if both players could riposte off a ‘clash’.

You mean so they clash again until they both agree to stop clashing

• @swagfox:

You mean so they clash again until they both agree to stop clashing

=/=
    No,
    clash / riposte / etc, until someone drags, feints, insert other alternate action = a faster means to an end than parry / riposte volley.

• Why don’t this game Slasher show up anywhere on Google? And is that the only footage of it, can’t find anything else…?

• Global Moderator

Because its actually called “the slashering”

• @lemonater47:

Because its actually called “the slashering”

That’s not turning up any results. I’m putting you guys in the troll box until you provide some better proof.

• @KingWillie:

Why don’t this game Slasher show up anywhere on Google? And is that the only footage of it, can’t find anything else…?

@lejosh:

That’s not turning up any results. I’m putting you guys in the troll box until you provide some better proof.

http://www.reddit.com/r/theslashering

• @CRUSHED:

its never going to work in chiv because the animations & tracer system are straight up broken lol

and good luck getting tbs to code this properly lol, just abandon the game and wait for slasher and in the meantime play cs go like everyone else, noone cares about chiv anymore its not a comp game anywhere close stop wasting your time

i can’t play fps anymore. Everytime someone shoots at me i try to duck and matrix the bullets and it doesn’t work. I do this in a lot of games now.

• @OPxMike:

To get rid of the mongoloid hit trade spam, introduce a mechanic similar to the one from Slasher. When two weapons are in their release phase, and a hit trade is inevitable, the weapons hit each other sending both players back to the idle state. Thoughts?

Dumb. Attacking would become the new parry. Opponent about to OH? Queue up your own OH. If they attack, you parried, if they feint, you land the hit. Parry becomes useless.

• @entire:

Dumb. Attacking would become the new parry. Opponent about to OH? Queue up your own OH. If they attack, you parried, if they feint, you land the hit. Parry becomes useless.

maybe if they have a maul and you have a shortsword. clashing would probably only happen while both weapons are in release, hence mike saying “reduce hit trading.”