Odd ban format

• Righty, on my servers when we add a ban either using remote admin tools, ingame player-list type menu banning or straight from the adminban command on the console, we’d be use to bans appearing something like this:

Bans=(DurationSeconds=0,EnactedTime=(Year=2013,Month=8,DayOfWeek=4,Day=22,Hour=14,Min=13,Sec=50,MSec=372),IPPolicy=“DENY,5.5.252.41”,NetId=(Uid=(A=84278313,B=17825793)),PlayerName=“Butters”,Reason=“TKs”,NetIDAsString=“0x011000010505FC29”)

Specifically in the [AOC.AOCAccessControl] section.

Recently though a few admins have been making bans (in-game) but the bans have been added in the old format:

IPPolicies=DENY,
    BannedIDs=(Uid=(A=73463182,B=17825793))

Which appear in the old [Engine.AccessControl] section.

This is problematic because this older type of ban format, they are permanent, there’s no playername listed for finding the bans, and we can’t just use ‘adminunban playername’ as the only thing listed is their ID.

p.s. This issue has started occurring since the UI patch - this from looking up clan records on bans being made, the oldest bannedids= method only appear after this patch.

So any ideas why some bans have started appearing in there?

P.s. I think the pingkicker config adds this type of ban, however it’s not currently running on the server. The third party tools we use for pingkick are adding them in the correct way atm (I connected than ran bit-torrent to test). I’ve confirmed that several of the bannedids= bans were made by different admins using the playerlist and the adminkick methods - also checked to make sure the format on adminkickban was correct with those using it. These same admins have had bans being added to the normal list using the same method, so not sure why only some would be added in the old format

• I get a similar behavior on my server. Being unable to see an up-to-date list of banned users is very annoying.

I checked my ini files and I found that some bans are indeed saved under [Engine.AccessControl] (mostly bans from the autoping kick but also some entered manually via the adminkickban) and some can be found in [AOC.AOCAccessControl]. Both entries have different formats as OP has pointed out.

What’s a huge bother is that if you type in admin unban, you only get the ids from second key (AOC.AOCAccess…) which means that I can only unban the other players by removing the appropriate lines from the .ini file and restarting the server.

• @Alphonse:

I get a similar behavior on my server. Being unable to see an up-to-date list of banned users is very annoying.

I checked my ini files and I found that some bans are indeed saved under [Engine.AccessControl] (mostly bans from the autoping kick but also some entered manually via the adminkickban) and some can be found in [AOC.AOCAccessControl]. Both entries have different formats as OP has pointed out.

What’s a huge bother is that if you type in admin unban, you only get the ids from second key (AOC.AOCAccess…) which means that I can only unban the other players by removing the appropriate lines from the .ini file and restarting the server.

Yup, this is a major issue. Please fix TB.

• We use our own custom ban input system. It assigns ban correctly in the new system times and everything.

Ping kicker still occasionally bans people. Bans me all the time too.

• @lemonater47:

We use our own custom ban input system. It assigns ban correctly in the new system times and everything.

Ping kicker still occasionally bans people. Bans me all the time too.

Yep, the ping kicker config is off on the servers, so it shouldn’t be that. Ping kicks are handled by our custom tool and tested this to ensure it was adding them correctly, which atm it is.

The issue is an admin logs in and bans a player from either playerlist or adminkickban and sometimes the bans save correctly, other times they get added as bannedids= and atm I’ve no idea why some bans are added like this. Later on an admin may add a ban in the same way and it stores it correctly :s

• Yes this is a very major issue tbh and should be taken to the highest court in the land. Me knows this because of official ce bidness

unban me pls amish

• @Huggles:

Yes this is a very major issue tbh and should be taken to the highest court in the land. Me knows this because of official ce bidness

unban me pls amish

That reminds me I should ban Huggles from our servers as a precautionary measure just in case be decides to move to NZ or Australia.

• @lemonater47:

That reminds me I should ban Huggles from our servers as a precautionary measure just in case be decides to move to NZ or Australia.

wuts your server name tbh

• @Huggles:

Yes this is a very major issue tbh and should be taken to the highest court in the land. Me knows this because of official ce bidness

unban me pls amish

don’t derail threads.

• Any word on this?

• yea thats pretty strange rad swood quiqup?

did you doodle it fix it?

• Once again any update? This is important because the old ban format would ban by IP as well. The new one has no IP ban. I can’t prevent certain players from connecting nor tell if it’s someone on an alternate account.