Knight Ability Change

• I had an idea to change the ability of the knight, one that I believe will make playing with or against a knight more interesting. The knight’s current ability is a decrease in stamina loss when blocking. My idea works something like this:

When wielding a two-handed weapon, any attack an opponent blocks with no stamina left will stagger the opponent as normal, but will also deal 50% of the damage it normally would.

E.g. As a knight, you are holding a Maul, and you a re fighting an annoying M@A, which is dodging around like a maniac. He has no stamina left after dodging in to attack you, and so can’t dodge back out. He tries to block your attack, but because he has no stamina is not only staggered, but is also hit with half the damage he would normally suffer.

Let me know what you think of this mechanic, and any changes I could add to it. Just try to avoid full out rants. If you don’t like it, just say you don’t like it and why. Don’t go with the whole CAPSLOCK EXCLAMATION MARK theme.

• @TEC_rruss:

The knight’s current ability is a decrease in stamina loss when blocking.

Knight has no special ability, parrying with broadsword as a knight drains same amount of stamina as parrying with a broadsword as a MAA.

@TEC_rruss:

When wielding a two-handed weapon, any attack an opponent blocks with no stamina left will stagger the opponent as normal, but will also deal 50% of the damage it normally would.

E.g. As a knight, you are holding a Maul, and you a re fighting an annoying M@A, which is dodging around like a maniac. He has no stamina left after dodging in to attack you, and so can’t dodge back out. He tries to block your attack, but because he has no stamina is not only staggered, but is also hit with half the damage he would normally suffer.

Let me know what you think of this mechanic, and any changes I could add to it. Just try to avoid full out rants. If you don’t like it, just say you don’t like it and why. Don’t go with the whole CAPSLOCK EXCLAMATION MARK theme.

No because TBS would just fuck it up and make the attacks do 150% damage.

• Why though? if they stagger you get a free hit anyways.

• I don’t understand, what did the op say?

• How about being able to charge overheads slightly for more damage but slower windup.

• How about actually giving the “less stamina drain” perk to knight instead of all these gimmicky suggestions.

• @Kreittis:

How about actually giving the “less stamina drain” perk to knight instead of all these gimmicky suggestions.

Damn, beat me to it. Yes, I couldn’t agree more.

• Knight special should be grasping archers by the throat and wringing the life from them (restores archer hp / 2 health to knight).

It activates automatically as soon as you punch an archer.

• It should take 10 seconds to fully drain them. But you can still sprint during this time, they just dangle from your hand while you run.

• You guys remember the first Mortal Kombat? Originally it was supposed to be a Jean Claude Van Damme game, but when they contacted him he turned it down, so they made a fighting game out of the project and it became Mortal Kombat. Well how about we contact old Jean again, ask him to be in Chivalry. We can have him do some martial art mocap and voice-over work, and release him as a Knight skin/Voice/spinkicker. I believe this will put Knight on par with Archer as he can just roundhouse kick arrows out of the air and jump-kick Vanguard’s heads off.

• @TEC_rruss:

You’ll never hit an MaA with the maul in the first place until MaAs get nerfed. Anyway, I don’t like this idea because it changes a fundamental mechanic that’s global for all classes and it wouldn’t feel right. It also wouldn’t really help the knight that much anyway. Nerfing MaAs, archers, and vanguard knockback/stamina drain while buffing longsword would be all knights need to make this game a lot more balanced again.

@Kreittis:

Knight has no special ability, parrying with broadsword as a knight drains same amount of stamina as parrying with a broadsword as a MAA.

The passive is actually when blocking with shields, but they forgot to do the values for the heater shield, and since the stamina drain increase from vanguard change, it’s pretty irrelevant now. I think giving knights access to every shield and then making them truly lose far less stamina while using shields would be the right way to do it.

• maa wizard class too power

• @Kreittis:

How about actually giving the “less stamina drain” perk to knight instead of all these gimmicky suggestions.

How absurd, actually having the ability they’re supposed to have? That’s like giving archers backstab back.