Answer some questions

• Mod

To dearest Torn Banner,

You said you’d come back and treat your community different. Because you were scared by such a large amount of people etc etc. Then you said you’d come back and start sorting things out and approaching things differently, and I praised you for it. Turns out it was a load of bullshit. I praised you for talking shit. Now I feel like a dick head. Cheers for that. You hide away from the forums for weeks only to come back and say “HEY PC GAMERS, THIS GAMES COMING TO CONSOLE NOW!”

Then you can’t even answer a simple question like “Will it have split screen support?” How long does it take to type 2 or 3 letters and then press post? Seriously.

You constantly leave the community in the dark right after releasing game breaking patches. The server browser randomly crashes people. Random crashes on random maps for no reason. Coldfront is still a joke. Ballistas are still fucked. The balance patch wasn’t really a balance patch, it was more like a very very slight tweak which solved next to nothing.

To be honest, I don’t even care about new content anymore. New content just basically means more bugs, more problems, more broken shit. It’s been a month since the winning maps were announced. Sweet. Maybe I should start announcing new flavours of Coca Cola that don’t exist too.

Basically what I’m trying to say is, the moment a new medieval combat game comes out with better developers, you’re gonna be asking captain hindsight what you should’ve done.

I doubt this will even get read by TornyB, but I just felt like saying some shit.

Cheers.

• @Tyoson:

Then you can’t even answer a simple question like “Will it have split screen support?” How long does it take to type 2 or 3 letters and then press post? Seriously.

Patience you must have my young padawan.

Ye they could type:
    "yes my friends it will have splitscreen."
    Then 1s later the next question will pop up:
    “also for PC?”
    -Yes also for PC!
    1s later:
    "Woohoo TB i love u!"
    1s later:
    "how many players in splitscreen?“
    1s later:
    ”…"
    1s later:
    "Com on TB Tell us!!!"
    1s later:
    “plz plz plz”

• 4 players will be supported!
      1s later:
      "Woohoo! TB rocks!"
      1s later:
      "haha who does consoles need, when pc players could enjoy the same stuff?:P"
      1s later:
      "ha i cant wait for the update, so TB when is release?“
      1s later:
      ”…"
      1s later:
      "com on TB Tell us!"
      1s later:
      “WHEN???”
    • in a few weeks. Be ready for the next big update!
      "Yes, Sir! :D"
      1 day later:
      "WHEN???"
      1 week later:
      "WHEN???"
      2 weeks later:
      "U said “in a few weeks”, now we are 2 weeks waiting for the big update! 2 WEEKS! Com on guys! Tell us!"
      3 weeks later:
      "WHEN??? That is not funny. I will delete Chivalry. No update = No chivalry! Im going to play solitaire. R.I.P. TB, your greatest fan"
      a few weeks later:
      "Woohoo! I got dat update! I love u TB! It is awesome"
      1s later:
      "ty so much TB i like your new big update but i found one issue, so when will u fix it?"
      1s later:
      “WHENNNN???”

i think you got it :)

• @Tyoson:

The server browser randomly crashes people.

Very easy to reproduce, I posted it, hopefully they fix it…

• @KingJoff:

i think you got it :)

lol yeah that was funny

wahoooo an update we love you !

• Tibbs gave us a post a few days ago: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/21433-Chivalry-Medieval-Warfare-Patch-29-(Battle-for-Balance)?p=269298&viewfull=1#post269298

But I agree that they should keep up with communication more. They definitely need a dedicated community manager like Sly and Kimi were.

• @SOC:

But I agree that they should keep up with communication more. They definitely need a dedicated community manager like Sly and Kimi were.

#Vote Zombojoe 2014

• @Vesanus:

#Vote Zombojoe 2014

Official petition where?

• @Vesanus:

#Vote Zombojoe 2014

My moral crusade shall never end so long as there are injustices in the world.

• ^ This is basically the reason why I quit the game a long time ago, I still come here from time to time to see if anything changes but seems like that’s not the case. It’s a fucking joke that TB didn’t manage to fix the serverbrowser after 2 years. Hell, the biggest joke is that the game is still broken after 29 patches. I didn’t expect any new free content from TB, I bought the game for what it was. But I expect them to fucking fix the game, everything that is broken right now should have been fixed in the beta 2,5 years ago.

• It’s hard to be loyal to someone that treats you like air, but I still try to somehow have faith in TB.

In all seriousness we need a community manager and Zombo seems to suit this role. He’s a good man.

• Global Moderator

@Tyoson:

The developers would get an infraction doing that.

• TB is okay with community interaction, I’ve seen better but I’ve seen worse.

TB is still a very young developer/publisher lacking experience and especially technical abilities, they’re slowly getting better and just need more time I think.
    We really could use a community manager though.

ZOMBO 2014

• Don’t they have that Bunny person who seems to do jack shit though?

• Global Moderator

Oh yeah they did get a new staff member.

What’s his/her job again?

• Mod

I really don’t see why it’s so hard to just answer questions. It’s not like there’s a billion posts on these forums. I love answering questions and keeping people in the know. Especially in my job, because it’s something I’m passionate about, so I get excited when people want to know more. Even simple stuff like me reading and replying to every comment on my youtube videos, even the abusive comments. Any feedback is good feedback. At least somebody has put in the effort to tell you how they feel about something, and everyone’s entitled to their opinions.
    A community manager would work well. I like that zombojoe guy because he seems to know his stuff, and his commentary videos are awesome haha.

I have been pretty patient too. I’ve spent around 1400 hours in this game and it’s always been full of bugs. Some really frustrating ones. I want this game to continue succeeding, but I just feel like shits going back to where it was a few months ago. The community has it’s head in the sand, torn banner are hiding away in Vegas spending the new skin money, (Notice they always seem to vanish after the release of new skins), and I’m just waiting for a new game so I can move on and play that instead. Because right now, Chivalry feels like a broken waste of time.

• @Tyoson:

I really don’t see why it’s so hard to just answer questions. It’s not like there’s a billion posts on these forums .

There is probably one legitimate question per day, most of it is spam from the same people.

But yeah that is too overwhelming for TBS, they are like ostriches.

• For some reason I’m an optimist so I’m going to say that they probably aren’t answering console port questions because another group is handling that. And maybe they’re pulling a valve and not talking about what they’re doing because they don’t want to disappoint us or seem like they’re lying if they change directions. If that’s what they’re doing I can understand the silence but if they made the effort to post, say, once a day that would do wonders for the community.

Just one daily post TBS: progress, answering a question or just talking about some difficulty you’re having.
    _cough cough, zombo
    _
    Also I got a very small update today, sneaky patch or just me?

• In my opinion any communication is better than silence.
    If they don’t want to disappoint or get an infraction for answering a risky question, i’m sure everyone would be happy with “Sorry, we cannot give you an answer for that question but rest assured we are blah blah etc”. It takes less than 20 seconds to write a response like that and although it may not actually answer anything, it reassures the community that they have actually at least acknowledged the question.

• @jrmftw:

In my opinion any communication is better than silence.

Ok, questions about bugs, crashes, etc should be answered as soon as possible but about the console version… hm just wait for the release and you will see.
    Nowadays some people dont like surprises they want to know all right now.

Maybe we could make a list with the most important questions and pray that TB will look at this at least once a week. I could imagine they dont have the time to scan the forum for questions/issues.
    How old is the citadel bug? Since yesterday it seems they work on it.^^