Star Wars, the Empire are the good guys

• Movies alone, ok so the republic beforehand was basically a corrupt monarchy loaded with hypocrisy under devlopment, constant struggle and it’s enforcers the Jedi. Strict moral code they don’t pay much attention to tbh, so then came along palpatine and yea sure bad stuff happened the way he came to power not to legit but y’know George Washington didn’t really come to power legit we can argue lots of stuff. Point being, skip forward a few years we get the Galactic Empire. Insane technological development, quadrillion dollar military projects, natural redistribution of wealth, inter galactic order.

The rebels realllllly try to bullshit their cause tbh. There is almost 0 support for their cause despite great successes against the Empire, so the “population is 2 scurred” argument is pretty bull at this point. Sure the Empire blew up a planet, but their Government was directly aiding the rebel cause and not actively cooperating with the Empire leah bullshitted about their peacefulness the entire time. Aiding a terrorist is the equivalent of being a terrorist. (Empire vs Rebels are also a very good compare contrast with the civilized nations’ war on terror) However, the empire leaves planets not under their rule to their own devices, they do not intervene unless what is going on directly affects them. They patrol just to protect their citizens interests and to continue developing and expanding their way of life, much like any nation would strive to do. They create quadrillions of jobs on a daily basis and expand technological development. Their citizens are quite the opposite from depressed, if they were truly, I’m sure the rebel cause would have more support.

Interesting pieces on the discussion tbh

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/001/248ipzbt.asp

http://whatculture.com/film/star-wars-10-reasons-galactic-empire-wasnt-bad-everyone-thinks.php

http://creativedestruction.wordpress.com/2007/01/11/the-empire-is-the-good-guys-revisited/

thoughts?

Which “cause” do you support

Side note: Storm troopers look cooler

• stormtrooper marksmanship is quite good tbh

one of the better things about the empire

fun fact the OP as fuck xwing was made by the empire

• You forgot the mass genocide and enslavement of entire species.

Or the systematic repression of all non-humanoids.

Fuck the emperor

• @Le:

You forgot the mass genocide and enslavement of entire species.

Fuck the emperor

Systematic repression? tbh most of the aliens are living perfectly normal lives and while the emporer is rascist he has no direct quarrel with them and leaves them be tbh. One of the highest ranking admirals in the Imperial fleet is an alien, also vader highers bounty hunters of all races.

Not so sure about the whole enslavement bit, but surely the rebels are guilty of this as well. It might have been addressed in one of the articles above tbh

• @Le:

You forgot the mass genocide and enslavement of entire species.

Fuck the emperor

"The Death Star destroyed Alderaan under grand moff tarkin’s command, and that is the reason that most people say that the empire/the sith lords were so evil, right? The destruction of alderaan never would have happened if the rebellion had never existed, (it was done to spite and to interrogate princess leia). The deaths of owen lars and beru lars by the imperial stormtroopers never would have happened if the rebels had never stolen the robot droids (r2d2 and c3po). Besides, the first death star almost destroyed Yavin 4, they almost destroyed Endor with the second death star, and they were planning on destroy 2 rebel planets-Chandrila and Mon Calamari, with the second death star. All of these evil genocidal acts were provoked by the rebels.

Now, if the empire wanted to use the death star on some innocent planets totally unprovoked by the rebels, then the rebels would be waging a very just war against evil people. But that is not the case.

Would alderaan have been destroyed if not for the existence of the rebel alliance/rebellion? Was the empire planning on destroying a whole list of planets with the second death star (or even just one planet or a few planets-not counting the planets they wanted to destroy because the rebels provoked them-like/such as yavin 4, endor, or chandrila or mon calamari). With alderaan, I aint so sure about it. BTW, here is a quote from the offical star wars website.
    The Death Star was to be an instrument of terror, meant to force rebel worlds into surrender under the threat of destruction.

Besides, either way, regardless of if the rebels are waging an unjust war, in a galaxy with like about 100 quadrillion citizens, 2 billion alderaan citizens is barely anything……"

• I dunno I like that 4 armed robot guy I guess.

• Global Moderator

The bastard rebels killed Mr Stevens from catering when they blew up the Death Star.

• see per the other thread

Huggles
    Zombie
    Oy
    Lemonater

lol, thats it left on the forum

• @gregcau:

see per the other thread

Huggles
    Zombie
    Oy
    Lemonater

lol, thats it left on the forum

greg pls.

I’m still here.

• Greg you have 3x my post count, pls don’t act like you have a life either. We’re all nerds here.

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

@Oy:

Greg you have 3x my post count, pls don’t act like you have a life either. We’re all nerds here.

Yeah he has the second most amount of posts yet still complains about my post count.

He only started when I overtook him in posts.

• @lemonater47:

Yeah he has the second most amount of posts yet still complains about my post count.

He only started when I overtook him in posts.

Its not your number of posts, it is the quality that just makes the world dumber. I just can’t figure out if you just troll all day long or you are actually at a level of intelligence your posts suggest.

• This post is deleted!

• Hey monkey I was kidding about the black thing, you didn’t have to remove the posts. I appreciate your timeliness though, you’re right on top of it.

Anyway Star Trek is way better than Star Wars.

• The problem with the Empire is that it is decidedly pro-human and enslaves other sapient species. That said, wookies make great migrant workers.

• @BillDoor:

The problem with the Empire is that it is decidedly pro-human and enslaves other sapient species. That said, wookies make great migrant workers.

Yeah, but they get hair everywhere, sound annoying and look like samsquanches. I don’t get why they don’t just use robots as workers, they already use em as soldiers. They you can use the wookies for target practice, or make a nice coat.

• @Oy:

Greg you have 3x my post count, pls don’t act like you have a life either. We’re all nerds here.

Ha, you called yourself a nerd.

• @zombojoe:

Ha, you called yourself a nerd.

I am lol. Aren’t we all?