Seeking .dmp files for Citadel Crash

• We all know how annoying this crash is, and we’re trying to narrow the issue. If you receive a crash during transition of an objective on Citadel, please send an email to contact@tornbanner.com with your most recent .dmp file attached.
    I want to squash this bug once and for all and i’m sure you all do too.

-DaGGyzo

• Global Moderator

24/7 citadel server.

• @lemonater47:

24/7 citadel server.

what does that mean or you just trolling again?

I have never crashed on transition of citadel

• Mod

I’ve posted it once or twice in a different thread. I’ve kind of stopped playing for a while because the game in it’s current state drives me to drink, but if I do end up going on and I go on a server that unfortunately hasn’t removed both coldfront and citadel and I crash. I’ll post it here.

• Mod

We usually see around 15 players crash out on a 50 slot citadel on the transition from obj 1 to obj 2. The remaining players on the server just see a load of player simultaneously DC. Citadel is running on one of our servers, will ask the SM people to store any dmps if they crash out

• I crashed once in my entire playtime on citadel, yet I’ve seen this happening quite often (half of the server population just gone).

I’ll try to get 'em crash .dmp files.

• Let’s all try to get people to actually stay on Cold Front too instead of voting it out so we can get the .dmp files for it, too. I crash on it about once every 25 goes so it’s hard to find, but it still happens.

• Hey man, some time ago I was playing on Citadel in the aghata team. When we completed the first objective, this happened, but only with me:

I could walk through the wall, but when I attacked it, I was teleported to the top of it. I was the only one seeing this, for that golden helmet maa it was all normal.

• @Vanguard:

Hey man, some time ago I was playing on Citadel in the aghata team. When we completed the first objective, this happened, but only with me:

I could walk through the wall, but when I attacked it, I was teleported to the top of it. I was the only one seeing this, for that golden helmet maa it was all normal.

Its been a while since I’ve been so repulsed by a person’s screenshots. But dear lord, that is ugly.

On a random but semi-related note. Is there anything that can be sent to speed up the ballista bug being fixed?

• @ChuckingIt:

Its been a while since I’ve been so repulsed by a person’s screenshots. But dear lord, that is ugly.

On a random but semi-related note. Is there anything that can be sent to speed up the ballista bug being fixed?

The ballista bug is being looked at for this patch yes. We think it may have to do with the rotation.

• @DaGGyzo:

The ballista bug is being looked at for this patch yes. We think it may have to do with the rotation.

Glad to hear it! I appreciate the updates.

• @ChuckingIt:

And I still get low fps on clusterfucks of 6-7 players fighting at the same time. I only play on duel nowadays, only way I can get 50+ fps.

Sad man

• @Vanguard:

And I still get low fps on clusterfucks of 6-7 players fighting at the same time. I only play on duel nowadays, only way I can get 50+ fps.

Sad man

It must be hard playing chiv with potato pentium 3™

:c

• @Vesanus:

It must be hard playing chiv with potato pentium 3™

:c

a4-5000, 4gb ram, AMD radeon HD 8330

:(

• Let’s keep this on topic guys.

• @DaGGyzo:

If it helps, I almost always notice the ballista breaking and pointing into the ground/sky just as i’ve been hit (mostly by range) pressing ‘e’ to use it.
    Also I still experience the stoneshill ram bug where the door doesn’t break. It is very easy to reproduce just by having more than 1 mason pressing ‘e’ on the ram at the same time as it moves into position at the door.

• @jrmftw:

If it helps, I almost always notice the ballista breaking and pointing into the ground/sky just as i’ve been hit (mostly by range) pressing ‘e’ to use it.
    Also I still experience the stoneshill ram bug where the door doesn’t break. It is very easy to reproduce just by having more than 1 mason pressing ‘e’ on the ram at the same time as it moves into position at the door.

Thanks, I’ll investigate this.

• Mod

So I braved it through the treacherous terrain of Citadel. (That is of course after trying to find a server and the server browser just displaying a spinning dagger, and then I tried going into customization in the hope that it would sync up again which crashed my game) I decided to defend because that way I could do less work on the map that causes servers to lag so hard mother fuckers tryna fine me. Dat shit cray etc etc. I made it past the second part. Nobody crashed. We completely sucked and kingy died. Then coldfront came on after that. I lasted about 3 minutes and then noticed I only had one beer in the fridge which wasn’t enough to be able to survive two SuperLag9001 maps in a row so I alt F4’d. This is why I avoid official servers normally. The smart servers have removed the two server breakers already. I might brave it again on Monday night. The weekend is coming up and the last thing I feel like doing is crashing repeatedly over and over again. My PC doesn’t even have airbags. Good luck to all those brave soldiers who play Citadel, I believe in you, but I am not ready to fight this war.

• This could be anecdotal, but it might be worth seeing if the crash has anything to do with hitting the locks in the 2nd objective. In my hours of experience, the crash is almost always on the 2nd objective. Additionally, I almost never crash on citadel, and coincidentally enough, I usually never hit the locks. Probably a coincidence, but might be worth checking into if you are out of ideas as to why.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.