Game stuttering after about an hour of play

• Hello,

I have this weird issue where the game works fine and after about an hour the opponents start gradually stutter. It eventually becomes so stuttery that its just impossible to play, u see someone start an attack and the next thing u see is ur already been hit.

This usually happens when close with other players, when not in proximity with anyone the game works fine.

To fix this I have to close the game and restart the pc and it works fine for another hour.

My pc is pretty powerfull, i have 8gb of ram 2400mhz and an I5-4570 cpu @ 3.2ghz with an SSD hard drive. The game is installed on the SSD drive. My frame rate is always 90 fps no matter what happens on screen so its not a performance issue.

• I notice a similar effect. Usually after much longer than an hour though. More like 3ish hours my game starts to feel very choppy and people start animating worse.

I have always assumed it was my computer overheating or something, since Chivalry requires an oddly high amount of cpu.

Your computer sounds a little better than mine so it may not be that.

• Mod

Well first thing to find out is it the actual framerate that lagging or something else. If you run the command in the console: stat fps

Make a note of your usual FPS then try it again when the stuttering occurs.

Overheating is a possibility so getting any idea of cpu temps when the pc starts stuttering might be useful. I’ve seen stuttering when memory modules overheat and drop offline too.

Might be worth tabbing out prior to the issues starting and either leaving task manager on the performance tab (or for more in depth result run perrfmon) to see if anything changes in utilisation cpu/mem/disk etc when stuttering occurs.

• doesn’t stat unit show respond timers and such though? and stat unitgraph shows it as a graph over time. They might be viable options to run as well.

• Mod

@Xylvion:

doesn’t stat unit show respond timers and such though? and stat unitgraph shows it as a graph over time. They might be viable options to run as well.

yep would also work :)

Thought I’d start off at the more basic end of things though. That being said if the FPS is high even when stuttering happens am wondering if there are issues with something with a memory leak or an overlay (some have been known to cause problems). Likewise it could be jittery from bandwidth use so I assume the pings are also normal when stuttering occurs

If your framerate is 90 then it’s been unlcoksed in the configs. Do the issues still occur if running stock configs? (you can just rename the config folder to reacquire a new one on launch)

• Well, the last 2-3 days the EU official servers have been stuttering, feeling laggy and awkward in every way possible. I believe the servers might need a restart, or else it’s a problem with Multiplay.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.