[Finished] Mason Archer - Helmet

• Hi Guys and Girls,

Sorry for the spam. This is my first post here. I desided to post my work in progress from the Chivalry armor contest.
    As on the polycount forum im getting mostly visual feedback, id love to expand a bit with players feedback opinion as well. I`m also a Chivalry player although i have spent only around 25 hours ingame.

My main driven idea is good siluette and interesting idea behind a mason archer helmet. I myself am not a good archer player but i do respect all the archers that really make my life miserable.

Here is the actuall work in progress. What i planned is to be two modes - hood on and hood off, with a bit distinct look into the two of them. There are less than two weeks left for the contest but i`ll try my best to adress any sort of feedback. :)

• That looks really cool but it doesnt fit chivalry imho.

The aesthetic is too complicated, chivalry takes place in the middle ages where all the weapons and armors were as practical as possible, meant to be easily made and mass produced.

• This was a joke, it looks good

• Chivalry bondage? Errrr no.

Mask looks good though, albeit only on Ruins.

• @CRUSHED:

looks like a fantasy bdsm mask

Hi Crushed,

Thanks for pointing this out, already reworking it. Will send u update today.

• @Rickvs:

Chivalry bondage? Errrr no.

Mask looks good though, albeit only on Ruins.

Rickvs, will remove those elements dont worry. :)

• @zombojoe:

That looks really cool but it doesnt fit chivalry imho.

The aesthetic is too complicated, chivalry takes place in the middle ages where all the weapons and armors were as practical as possible, meant to be easily made and mass produced.

Yes but still when you are about to pay 5-6 dollars people want value behind it :) But totally agree with you. Let me try simplify it a bit and see what will look like. :)

• Too much high fantasy as with 90% of the entrees.

• Almost finished. Thanks for the feedback guys, tried to edit it as much as i can. Desided to get rid of the hood off option for now.

Cheers

• Not gonna lie, I would totally purchase and use this gimp mask with my archer.

• Ah thanks bro ! Glad to hear :)

• Im just attaching my final high poly model. There will be two styles - one with the chainmail and ornaments on and one with a cloth mask on for more cleaner view and for people who enjoy less details. Thanks again for feedback guys. Already half way through the low poly. Will keep you updated !

• i honestly don’t know how you are gonna bake the zip ties or cords. are they going to be flat or have a some polygons? (just wanted to ask)

• I like the right one. Might look a bit out of place if it’s gonna be all black color though, since the archers’ outfits are otherwise somewhat colorful.

• The mask looks really out of place but the cloak looks good for the archer.

• @LATTEH:

i honestly don’t know how you are gonna bake the zip ties or cords. are they going to be flat or have a some polygons? (just wanted to ask)

Latteh, they will be just a very basic 4 or 3 side mesh nothing complex about them. :)

• @Monsteri:

I like the right one. Might look a bit out of place if it’s gonna be all black color though, since the archers’ outfits are otherwise somewhat colorful.

Yes mate , the colors on the high poly are just for preview, but for the game version ill use the color pallete of the mason order , ill copy paste the existing ingame color values :)

• @zombojoe:

The mask looks really out of place but the cloak looks good for the archer.

That`s why i created the two styles for people can choose from, since i suspect not everyone might like ornamented masks :)

• Hi guys,

Just a quick update on the low poly textured version.

• I woulda kept the mask brown looks 2 edgy 4 chivalry

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.