A call for a boycott in NA to improve competitive chivalry

• Seeing as how torn banner refuses to do any sort of balance fast enough to keep the game growing i suggest when clans scrim they vow to only use weapons mentioned below to improve game play beyond the current meta.

Archer
    Longbow
    Javelin
    Saber
    Cudgel
    Shortsword

MAA
    Morning Star
    War Axe
    Hachet
    Dane Axe
    Norse
    Falchion

Vangaurd
    Zweihander
    Claymore
    Fork
    Halberd
    Spear
    Billhook
    Bardiche

Knight
    Longsword
    Warhammer
    Grandmace
    Poleaxe
    bearded Axe

No Shields
    Projectiles still allowed

Restricting the game play to only these weapons can drastically increase the skill cap in this game and make fighting more interesting and immerse. Please give some feedback on the following weapons. Remember the point is to restrict the strongest weapons and only allow mediocre tier weapons.

• I don’t think a blanket ban like this would ever work. It’s way too limited and makes comp even more inaccessible. Also every single person is going to have a different opinion on what should be on the list. The community will never agree and which weapons should be allowed.

IMO a better system would be something similar to MOBA games where each team gets to pick 1 or 2 weapons they would like to ban for the match.This way teams could pick weapons that they feel are broken without being to limiting. This would also avoid the need to be constantly adjusting the list based on the meta.

• @axlotl:

IMO a better system would be something similar to MOBA games where each team gets to pick 1 or 2 weapons they would like to ban for the match.This way teams could pick weapons that they feel are broken without being to limiting. This would also avoid the need to be constantly adjusting the list based on the meta.

Only issue i see with this is teams abusing it. Each team would select a weapon to ban based on how much it could hurt the opposing teams play style, not which weapon they feel is unbalanced.

• Dude, I totally agree with you. Dragging and feinting is OP too so we should make everyone stream their keyboard to make sure their Q key is not on the keyboard, and we should not use mouse either, as dragging op.

• Yup, I’d say we go keep the OP weapons. But don’t allow our monitors to be on.

• Are flails and dubaxe op?

• Mod

The issue here is weapon balance not weapon choice. There is a clear “use this because its better than everything else” sense on the weapons not listed in your post. TB needs to focus on getting a balance patch into beta before anything else.

• Sin > all
    the end….

• There is precedent for weapon bans in other competitive scenes for OP weapons. Broadsword MAA, Brandistronk Vg, and Messer Knight (and my opinion SoW) are just plain stupid atm.

@axlotl:

…every single person is going to have a different opinion on what should be on the list. The community will never agree and which weapons should be allowed…

The ones I listed (with exception of SoW possibly) should be pretty easily universally recognizable as OP by pretty much any honest competitive player that takes a step back.

• @axlotl:

Also every single person is going to have a different opinion on what should be on the list. The community will never agree and which weapons should be allowed.

if theres one thing that the community agrees upon, even if a lot of it is circlejerk, its what weapons are gud.

• Competitive chiv

• Just throwing it out there but I think we should ban aimbots. Way too OP imho.

• wot. if u ban aimbots archers will become unviable

• @dudeface:

wot. if u ban aimbots archers will become unviable

this man speaks the truth

• @HeightofAbsurdity:

There is precedent for weapon bans in other competitive scenes for OP weapons. Broadsword MAA, Brandistronk Vg, and Messer Knight (and my opinion SoW) are just plain stupid atm.

The ones I listed (with exception of SoW possibly) should be pretty easily universally recognizable as OP by pretty much any honest competitive player that takes a step back.

Imagine Counter Strike if they said no Ak’s, M4’ or AWP’s in comp play because that’s all people use. :hororr:

• It would probably be more fun.

• @dudeface:

It would probably be more fun.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Counter strike should definitely change their ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VivdTwWMi2Q

not much buzz or viewers for it.

• How about we all just use fists only. That way everything is balanced. No weapons, no projectiles, just fists.

• @e:

How about we all just use fists only. That way everything is balanced. No weapons, no projectiles, just fists.

Fawk no. MAA can still dodge! That would make them OP in fists only. I demand, no attacking allowed.

• At least Jacob knows what’s up…
    good Jacob!