Hey fellow players.

• Voted btw.

• Thanks buddy. :D

• Mod

Hey, good to see you’ve not disappeared completely :)

Also voted :)

• Thanks Monkey. :) Haha. I’ll pop in from time to time. I’ve been busy working on my own game. I’m a one man team so any free hours I have go towards that. There are so many games I’d love to play (Chivalry included) but just haven’t had the time for.

• Voted m8. I recognize your posts from way back. Chivalry Og.

• Does this not count as advertisement?

• I’m going to go ahead and say no. Not cause I’m bias or anything. :D

• @zombojoe:

Does this not count as advertisement?

**advertisement: noun

1.a paid announcement, as of goods for sale, in newspapers ormagazines, on radio or television, etc.**

2.a public notice, especially in print.

**3.****theactionofmakinggenerallyknown;acallingtotheattentionofthepublic:

**if we’re going by strict definitions, the title was an advertisement. That would be stupid though, we define things legally in a much different matter.

"The term advertising generally refers to paid forms of communication that are distributed at the initiative of economic operators (by means of television, radio, newspapers, banners, mail, Internet, etc.) as part of an intentional and systematic effort to affect individual attitudes and choices in relation to the consumption of goods and services.
    Legislative Decree no. 145/2007 defines advertising as “the making of a representation in any form in connection with a trade, business, craft or profession in order to promote the supply of goods or services, including immovable property, rights and obligations”.
    This is clearly a very broad conception that encompasses all forms of promotional communication, regardless of the means or methods of distribution. **What it does exclude is publicity that is non-commercial, in the sense that it makes no reference to economic activities, such as political propaganda and social publicity."

It is not an advertisment

• What would we do without Huggles? All of the most important answers would go unknown without his research skills.

• What if we switch things up and talk about what everyone thinks about the current state of the game? Since I’ve been away for a while, I’d love to hear it.

• @Keith:

What if we switch things up and talk about what everyone thinks about the current state of the game? Since I’ve been away for a while, I’d love to hear it.

You’re pretty much going to hear this from the majority of the community, so I’ll summarize it for you so you can ignore them. It sucks, but it’s unique. If there were another game with the same concept, chivalry would be dead in a heartbeat. There isn’t however, and so it isn’t.

short and sweet huh?

• I think whatever they have learned for Chiv 1, they can apply to a sequel to make it an all around better experience. Time shall tell.

• @Keith:

What if we switch things up and talk about what everyone thinks about the current state of the game? Since I’ve been away for a while, I’d love to hear it.

Lots of TO map content coming, no complaints there.

The battle for balance is really a light skirmish, battle has not been started. But the great sword and messer changes are well received, if not what asked for it at least makes one think about weapon selection more. Hopefully that will move into production soon and the more careful fine tuning (stamina, flinch etc) will be the followup.

After that, I really don’t see much more needed for Chiv 1 - support for bugs and map fixes, likely maps will need some changes to balance them later.

Chiv 2 all the way on a new engine and with everything they have learnt, it could be even more awesome, if they invest into it and stick with what made their sales in the first place.