BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 30

• Global Moderator

100 damage even for warbow pwease?

Broadheads are useless otherwise.

How about 17 ammo for it instead.

• @Alphonse:

Added Message of the Day functionality for dedicated servers
    Dear Torn Banner:
    Ppl have been asking for that for years. I’ve been asking for this for months now.
    You have now idea how my love for you has been tested due to your silence and overall lack of how, but now this much needed feature has been finally implemented.

Thank you.

Edit: Found this screenshot at Reddit. OMG it looks beatiful. Lots of potential

Could TB post some of the specifications and requirements for the new MOTD? Will some HTML be involved or only graphics?
    Pls comment something so that I can start designing stuff before final GOLD patch rolls out. Would be much appreciated.

“They don’t have sounds. They’re not interactive in any way right now. We’re using a new feature of Steamworks to render them; I believe it’s the same thing that TF2 and other Source games are now using (they pulled the HTML renderer out of Source and stuck it in Steam or something), some also for MOTDs.” - CrustaceanSoup

And TBS, thank you so much for finally addressing the dodge-in-flinch into attack. We finally have a definite answer on what’s acceptable: dodge in flinch? Fine. But you can’t attack anymore. Not sure why it was defended as a fair play mechanic at all, especially considering how they can more than whoop my ass without it anyways.

@Xylvion:

I’m just gonna wait until someone else finds out about the new dodge glitch. Huehue.

No games please. If you found something really gamebreaking, just report it ASAP so we don’t have to deal with another hiatus of patches with another broken ass, community-splitting, rage-enduucing bug. This doesn’t benefit TBS or the players.

• So crossbows still going to deal tons of damage to everyone and the archer problems aren’t solved. Why can’t you just lower archer damage to everyone except other archers? Nerfing broadsword still isn’t “nerfing MaAs,” you need to lower their foot speed and limit their dodging potential to make them more fair with other classes. Nerfing broadsword is also nerfing knights who use broadsword.

Why allow MaAs to dodge out of flinch at all? It just means you can’t combo them. You already can’t riposte them or feint them. They’re supposed to be punished for getting hit and killed easily, but currently they take longer than any other class to kill.

• Developer

@Alphonse:

Could TB post some of the specifications and requirements for the new MOTD? Will some HTML be involved or only graphics?
    Pls comment something so that I can start designing stuff before final GOLD patch rolls out. Would be much appreciated.

It takes a URL to an HTML page. Page should be able to be rendered in 840x757 without a scroll bar. I assume Steam is using a Chrome/Chromium-based HTML renderer because that’s what all the cool people embed these days. You also have the option of including a second URL that people are sent to (in the Steam Overlay Browser) when they click the “Open website” button (if you don’t include this URL, that button will not appear).

Animating elements will run at a lowish framerate (a few threads have to sync the data up before it shows on your screen).

In PCServer-UDKGame.ini (or DefaultGame.ini if you’re a listen server…):

[AOC.AOCGame]
    ;MOTD URL to navigate the MOTD box to
    MessageOfTheDayDisplayURL=
    ;URL to link to with the link button
    MessageOfTheDayLinkURL=

Another build is queued, might be set live later today or tomorrow. Bug fixes (including re-fixing listen servers, which are completely non-function in Beta 3), minor map things, and memory optimizations.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

It takes a URL to an HTML page.

From this, I take that the HTML page displayed as MOTD must be hosted somewhere else, correct?
    I really need to download the beta server app :s

• @CrustaceanSoup:

It takes a URL to an HTML page. Page should be able to be rendered in 840x757 without a scroll bar. I assume Steam is using a Chrome/Chromium-based HTML renderer because that’s what all the cool people embed these days. You also have the option of including a second URL that people are sent to (in the Steam Overlay Browser) when they click the “Open website” button (if you don’t include this URL, that button will not appear).

Animating elements will run at a lowish framerate (a few threads have to sync the data up before it shows on your screen).

[AOC.AOCGame]
    MessageOfTheDayLinkURL=

Another build is queued, might be set live later today or tomorrow. Bug fixes (including re-fixing listen servers, which are completely non-function in Beta 3), minor map things, and memory optimizations.

Could we get some stamina included first? Less parry drain has been spammed as hard as anything on here and for good reason.

• Developer

@Alphonse:

From this, I take that the HTML page displayed as MOTD must be hosted somewhere else, correct?
    I really need to download the beta server app :s

Yeah, it has to be hosted somewhere. I know it would be convenient if smaller MOTDs could just be sent from the server, but this thing just took too much time on its own and there are other things to be done.

• I’m liking the feel of the new broadsword so far. It doesn’t really feel any slower, but it should be more balanced now; and hey, maybe the broadsword being less end-all amazing will make other one-handed weapons look better in comparison. On that off topic, there are still a few problem one-handers though. For example, maybe try increasing the reach of the waraxe to somewhere in-between the hatchet and the Dane axe? I don’t know, but that weapon seems a bit naff.

The greatsword changes aren’t feeling quite as nice, though. Probably because it was a slightly larger change. Still, it should discourage players from attempting to caveman people with it since it’s easier to block, and that’s A-OK with me.

I haven’t tried out the Messer, though. I never liked the Messer and therefore never used it, so I’d have to play against it to see if it’s been changed for the better and no one seems to be playing the current beta.

• Torn Banner, what was the reason for removing the beatz from Belmez? The music gave that map a really awesome feel to play on. Now with no music, it loses a lot of its atmosphere which is what heaps of people really liked about that map.

• When dodging in flinch state Man-At-Arm can no longer attack until flinch timer has expired

Shit just noticed this, if you really did fix this then I will be very happy. Will test when I get home.

Also I like the broadsword changes, it doesn’t nerf it too much but it at least creates a distinct difference when choosing between Norse vs Broadsword. Before you would always go Broadsword just because the better range, better damage and the speed difference was negligible. Now there is quite some difference in speed, should be nice to see some more variety eventually in MaA primaries.

Morning Star > Broadsword

• bug: one-handed bastard swords are still appearing as broadswords.

• Developer

@LongSun:

bug: one-handed bastard swords are still appearing as broadswords.

Yeah, for sure, that’s not something we fixed in Beta 3. That’s going into Beta 4.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Yeah, for sure, that’s not something we fixed in Beta 3. That’s going into Beta 4.

While you’re fixing that, can non-flail Knights have the heater shield? And maybe at least a small longsword buff? I feel like now that the Messer has been grounded, we might need more Knight primaries with stat lines that aren’t underwhelming.

• heater for non-flail knights would be good to try.

some collisions on Drunken Bazaar:

it’s hard to walk over the top of the stairs here. sprinting over goes smoothly most of the time.

collisions on the planks/platforms here:

http://youtu.be/OziROOdMj8A

• @a:

No games please. If you found something really gamebreaking, just report it ASAP so we don’t have to deal with another hiatus of patches with another broken ass, community-splitting, rage-enduucing bug. This doesn’t benefit TBS or the players.

Kfine. I’ve only tried it on a listen server so far though.
    While using one-button dodge (not sure about double tap as I don’t use it) it drains the stamina for two dodges while tapping it once, so you got enough stamina to do 3 dodges tops, then you’re completely empty, one dodge drains 40 stamina unless your stamina is below 40, then it drains 20 as it should.

• @Xylvion:

While using one-button dodge (not sure about double tap as I don’t use it) it drains the stamina for two dodges while tapping it once, so you got enough stamina to do 3 dodges tops, then you’re completely empty, one dodge drains 40 stamina unless your stamina is below 40, then it drains 20 as it should.

Should be put under balance section

• @CrustaceanSoup:

[AOC.AOCGame]
    MessageOfTheDayLinkURL=

Has anybody joined a server with a working MOTD to see how it’s like? I tried like 6 of the official svs and none of them had it.
    Also tried to run an online game through the new feature (I added sample URLs in both .ini files) but the MOTD was not displayed (which could be intended).

@Xylvion:

Trying it right now with one button dodge. I can do 5 consecutive dodges before my stam is 0.
    This is how my stamina looks after 4 dodges:

I tried it on “Official Beta - Test” something, not on a listen sv, btw.

@swagfox:

Should be put under balance section

It’s a bug.

• @DaGGyzo:

BETA 3

Bug Fixes

• Avian rage now properly drops when wielder is killed

What is this exactly?

• @YarnuTheDog:

What is this exactly?

The barbarian maul model.

• @Knifelegs:

The barbarian maul model.

Ahh true… thanks for the swift reply :D

Patch is looking nice, I wonder if crossbow will now be the new anti-archer one hit wonder weapon.

Regarding the next beta patch, I would really like to see Vanguard Knockback adjustments.

This stuff may be extremely late…. but it’s good none the less.
    Cheers, keep up the good work TB.