BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 30

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Yeah, for sure, that’s not something we fixed in Beta 3. That’s going into Beta 4.

While you’re fixing that, can non-flail Knights have the heater shield? And maybe at least a small longsword buff? I feel like now that the Messer has been grounded, we might need more Knight primaries with stat lines that aren’t underwhelming.

• heater for non-flail knights would be good to try.

some collisions on Drunken Bazaar:

it’s hard to walk over the top of the stairs here. sprinting over goes smoothly most of the time.

collisions on the planks/platforms here:

http://youtu.be/OziROOdMj8A

• @a:

No games please. If you found something really gamebreaking, just report it ASAP so we don’t have to deal with another hiatus of patches with another broken ass, community-splitting, rage-enduucing bug. This doesn’t benefit TBS or the players.

Kfine. I’ve only tried it on a listen server so far though.
    While using one-button dodge (not sure about double tap as I don’t use it) it drains the stamina for two dodges while tapping it once, so you got enough stamina to do 3 dodges tops, then you’re completely empty, one dodge drains 40 stamina unless your stamina is below 40, then it drains 20 as it should.

• @Xylvion:

While using one-button dodge (not sure about double tap as I don’t use it) it drains the stamina for two dodges while tapping it once, so you got enough stamina to do 3 dodges tops, then you’re completely empty, one dodge drains 40 stamina unless your stamina is below 40, then it drains 20 as it should.

Should be put under balance section

• @CrustaceanSoup:

In PCServer-UDKGame.ini (or DefaultGame.ini if you’re a listen server…):

[AOC.AOCGame]
    ;MOTD URL to navigate the MOTD box to
    MessageOfTheDayDisplayURL=
    ;URL to link to with the link button
    MessageOfTheDayLinkURL=

Another build is queued, might be set live later today or tomorrow. Bug fixes (including re-fixing listen servers, which are completely non-function in Beta 3), minor map things, and memory optimizations.

Has anybody joined a server with a working MOTD to see how it’s like? I tried like 6 of the official svs and none of them had it.
    Also tried to run an online game through the new feature (I added sample URLs in both .ini files) but the MOTD was not displayed (which could be intended).

@Xylvion:

Trying it right now with one button dodge. I can do 5 consecutive dodges before my stam is 0.
    This is how my stamina looks after 4 dodges:

I tried it on “Official Beta - Test” something, not on a listen sv, btw.

@swagfox:

Should be put under balance section

It’s a bug.

• @DaGGyzo:

BETA 3

Bug Fixes

• Avian rage now properly drops when wielder is killed

What is this exactly?

• @YarnuTheDog:

What is this exactly?

The barbarian maul model.

• @Knifelegs:

The barbarian maul model.

Ahh true… thanks for the swift reply :D

Patch is looking nice, I wonder if crossbow will now be the new anti-archer one hit wonder weapon.

Regarding the next beta patch, I would really like to see Vanguard Knockback adjustments.

This stuff may be extremely late…. but it’s good none the less.
    Cheers, keep up the good work TB.

• When dodging in flinch state Man-At-Arm can no longer attack until flinch timer has expired

So does this put to rest whether or not the devs think MAA dodge out of flinch + attack is a feature?

• @ChuckingIt:

• When dodging in flinch state Man-At-Arm can no longer attack until flinch timer has expired

So does this put to rest whether or not the devs think MAA dodge out of flinch + attack is a feature?

You would have to be delusional to think it’s a feature in the first place, all jokes aside.

• If you’re gonna keep the crossbow damages, can you at least add sway or stamina loss on draw/hold?

• @CRUSHED:

I would like to see recovery parry on succesfull hits… really annoying still

Let us try this TB

• Global Moderator

@Monsteri:

If you’re gonna keep the crossbow damages, can you at least add sway or stamina loss on draw/hold?

Normal crossbow only use was for against archers. That nerf didn’t affect hits on MAA or vanguards and just made it 3 shots on knights instead of 2.

It it made it useless so people would just use the heavy crossbow instead on you. The only thing that would change is you would have a higher chance of dying.

• So there’s literally no reason to use the Warbow over the Crossbows now?

• Finally longbow will be useful, but people only seem to think of the warbow.

@Lemon
    I use the regular crossbow a lot, like really a lot. People say it’s underpowered but it really isn’t, it’s an amazing weapon where you point and click and can deal shitloads of damage and 1hit other archers to the torso.

• **HOW THE FUCK DOES TBS THINK THAT THE CROSSBOW DMG DOESNT NEED 50% REDUCTION

WE DONT NEED THE ARCHER 1 HIT META

ARCHERS KILLING EVERYTHING WITH ONE SHOT IS KILLING THE GAME**

• Warbow broadheads need to oneshot archers to the torso for the sake of balance.

• @TheFunnySide:

**HOW THE FUCK DOES TBS THINK THAT THE CROSSBOW DMG DOESNT NEED 50% REDUCTION

WE DONT NEED THE ARCHER 1 HIT META

ARCHERS KILLING EVERYTHING WITH ONE SHOT IS KILLING THE GAME**

I think someone angry.

But with these crossbow changes the crossbows (normal and heavy) are now the anti archer weapons. the down side is the crossbows can also wrek melee after the archer is dead. but their reload speed makes a massive difference good warbow archers (mid to high level archers) do not have a problem pegging someone twice in a row with the warbow (or two different people)

• Mod

Thank you for the Broadsword nerfs. Slower stab and slower overhead mean that there are now reasons to use the other weapons.

When dodging in flinch state Man-At-Arm can no longer attack until flinch timer has expired.

Thank you for no longer having to defend myself from accusations while dodging and not unwillingly exploiting.

• @Planetus:

So there’s literally no reason to use the Warbow over the Crossbows now?

Longbow > warbow and every crossbow > warbow.

So yeah, pretty much no reason. Headshot to archer with broadhead is not a reason.