BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 30

• @Butcher_:

Messer overhead speed (and perhaps damage) should be nerfed, not the slash.
    One hit kill with slash on MAA is actually fine, considering the MAA factor. :grief:.

Sure 4 hits needed to kill a Knight as a MAA VS 1 hit needed to kill a MAA as a Knight **is fine.
    MAA has no drag abilty (or barely) to begin with and being able to to dodge is certainly not worth 3 more hits needed + no (or bad) drag. People are heavily overrating dodge it costs a lot of stamina and sometimes doesn’t even create enough distance to save you from a hit so it’s often don’t even worth using (at least I as a MAA main noticed that I block a lot more hits then trying to dodge them) and if anything you can get 1 more hit with it then you could have without. That still doesn’t justify that 1 hit VS 4 hits is fine imo.

• @Xylvion:

So you don’t have any valid argument as to why it shouldn’t be nerfed then.

Crushmod >>> Current game
    Besides, only scrubs complain about imperfect balance when there are real issues with the game to complain about.

Speaking of weapon balance, I played around with the GS against bots, the new windups still feel all right.

• @Skl3ros:

Sure 4 hits needed to kill a Knight as a MAA VS 1 hit needed to kill a MAA as a Knight **is fine.

All in all, you’re obviously not playing MAA right.

Joe pls stop.

• @Skl3ros:

People are heavily overrating dodge it costs a lot of stamina and sometimes doesn’t even create enough distance

this guy is right, maa is fine

• @CRUSHED:

this guy is right, maa is fine

Fix dodge out of flinch, modify bs stabs to be maybe a tiny bit slower.

• Messer will be irrelevant if it doesn’t retain its 1shot slash on MaA. Remember, LS still gonna need to be buffed.

Just nerf the damn overhead so it can’t caveman trade every single combo.

• What’d you guys do to Belmez?! The atmosphere is ruined… even the flag is a cardboard now!

• @Monsteri:

Remember, LS still gonna need to be buffed.

Yeah sure we remove one OP weapon only to buff on slightly less OP weapon….

• Belmez ruined…

• Before Belmez swamp looked a dark and evil place with great atmosphere…. now it looks like a radioactive rice field with Vietcong around

• TBS please revert Belmez. It was already a great pub experience.

• @Butcher_:

Valid arguments ? Did you even read his previous post ?

Messer overhead speed (and perhaps damage) should be nerfed, not the slash.
    One hit kill with slash on MAA is actually fine, considering the MAA factor. :grief:

Arguments ?
    Messer outclasses most heavyhitter weapons based on damage, and advantage in speed. Not even mentioning the drag capabilities.

1: revert messer slash and Increase overhead windup is not an argument as to why the damage should be reverted.

2: How is it fine when you can hit a knight twice then use a heavy kick to finish them off?

3: Yeah which is exactly why it should be nerfed.

• weapon balances were all fine before tbh, broken game broken balance, can’t fix the game doesn’t matter how many numbers you change. I would much rather weaker weapons buffed to the ability of top tier weapons than top tier weapons made shit tier. Way to go on the hotfixes though tbh, let’s wait another month for more minuscule changes. Greatsword still easy as hell to manipulate still achieves handle hit status when b0ckswings are added, brandi still does ridiculous damage with slash except the only legit distance keeper for a spearguard is removed and messer lmb damage reduced.

Nice job completely ignoring the suggestions to nerfing these weapons from players that actually play the game in exchange for random values. Let’s all wait and see how many new bugs those bug fixes introduce.

your move tbs gg wanna re?

when will flinch work again tbh, I wanna find out

• GS .6 overhead windup is fine, the only thing that it did was nerf the backswing so now you can actually react and parry it with higher pings. I want to add something to huggles’s comment, 2h swords are the only weapons that can achieve handle hit status without backswings, there’s no reason to not slow down the windup.

The brandistock slash damage nerf doesn’t make much sense if it’s not consistent throughout the whole spear category, the biggest problem with it is that you can 3 shot knights with the slash, the speed of the slash might have been a little bit fast, but it’s only a problem because the spear slash riposte animations are awful, you can get away with the other 2 spears because their damage is very low. The brandistock needs its damage nerfed, slowing down the slash will just make the attack useless.

• I always thought the the brandi would get the damage nerf and the Messer would get the speed nerf, not the other way around.

• @TheFunnySide:

slightly less OP weapon….

Excuse me, but have you played LS vs Messer or SoW? Or tried to take down vet MaAs with LS…?

• 2 things I saw right away on the new maps.

Anyway you could make going up these ladders less jerky?

also, random guy floating in the air here

also on belmez. do we really need the thing on offense on the first objective where you die if you walk in the swamp part? everyone running in a straight line sounds like ez archer food.

• floating guy is because match hasn’t started that’s where the canon is. stairs are the way they are so you can still have full combat control of your character.

• @DaGGyzo:

floating guy is because match hasn’t started that’s where the canon is. stairs are the way they are so you can still have full combat control of your character.

dat response time. thanks.

• @Alphonse:

Excuse me, but have you played LS vs Messer or SoW? Or tried to take down vet MaAs with LS…?

It’s easier to take out a maa with the longsword in a duel scenario because it’s the most versatile of knight weapons, messer is no contest in team fights though.

The only problem with the LS is that you can’t consistently 2 shot VGs or 3 shot Knights. It has the best animations of all 2h swords, it is that strong.