BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 30

• Did you fix the objectives on stoneshill? For example the bug that wouldn’t allow you to enter the final objective or the fact that you don’t get any points for pushing the cart?

• @Xylvion:

I still want to see a nerf to the messers slash damage, dealing as much as the OH but being faster is just silly, lower it by 5-15 at least.
    Other than that this is a god start, we’ll get to test the changes that you’ve added so far for a month or so and then perhaps we can give more feedback with our new experiences. This is probably a good way to start, keep it up TBS!

I still want to see a nerf to the archer global range damage, dealing as much as the melee weapons but from long range is just silly, lower it by 50% atleast.

• The problem is that hitting something is just too easy. There was a buff on projectile speed last year which fucked this up imo

• @afiNity:

The problem is that hitting something is just too easy. There was a buff on projectile speed last year which fucked this up imo

Not only that it felt like the hitbox got bigger in some weirdass way, was a lot more arrows “going through” back then.
    And Yeah i agree Crushed, I want them nerfed as well. I’d be able to deal with 50% less, but then either their secondaries or armour have to be buffed, or they have to get the backstab bonus back, perhaps something else as well.

• @50ShadesofClay:

well, if this goes live i guess it’s a start. Plz don’t abandon us after this patch… there is more to be done.

it’s nice that a lot of bugs that are only in the beta are fixed for the release candidate of a patch, but we need more balance and fixes too

I’ll be honest. We REALLY need the contest maps to be released. It’ll bring some life back to the game. Pure balance patches can come after.

• RC3 notes up. This may be the one we push live.

• Please fix the shield bugs. One with raising shield removing flinch (which allows to flinch anyone mid combo, pretty much like w dodge before the beta fix) and the other with attacking whilst changing from 1 handed+shield to 1handed alone, or the other way around, which makes a attack that doesnt have tracers, yet its like a free feint (you dont see it from first person perspective)

• @DaGGyzo:

RC3 notes up. This may be the one we push live.

What about catapult fast clicks? Is Torn Banner going to continue to release additional balance changes because these aren’t enough.

• @Mystikkal:

TB should evaluate whether they are trying to nerf the broadsword or the MAA or both. The broadsword is the most viable weapon right now and is used by pretty much all competitive MAAs. By nerfing the broadsword, you are nerf’ing the MAA. Is that the intent? As people who play competitive know (versus forum spam), MAA is already the least played class, and for good reason. My suggestion would be to make other MAA weapons viable, versus nerf’ing the broadsword.

The problem is that the game is dominated by knights, so the same 10 knight forum spammers hit the forums 24-7 complaining. On the other hand, very few competitive players actually play MAA, so less people defend the MAA on the forums.

TB watch actual videos of competitive matches - versus listening to knight forum spammers. You will get a better idea of what dominates.

And please change dodge out of flinch into attack if you don’t agree with it. My sense is you are fine with it because it’s been this way for years without a change. For some reason though, people like to call MAAs out for using the mechanics of their class? Obsurb, I know! Not suppose to play within the mechanics that your class has had since launch?? Kinda funny that people think it’s a bug when it’s never worked on by TB in any bug patch.

I’ll be very clear with those that complain about dodge out of flinch into attack - I don’t have any concern with playing the mechanics of my class. In any game I have every played - I play within the mechanics of the game. There have been clear exploits in games (e.g. ghost swings, going up on a wall that people can’t get to, etc.). Using the timings that your class has had since day 1, is not an exploit, it’s the mechanics/timing of your class. Why do we still have this conversation when TB has clearly not made an effort to change it? Rule #1 in video games: conform to the game, don’t expect the game to conform to you. If they change the mechanics, you change your human input.

You’re probably the only one saying reasonable debate over MAA, gratz. Forum is full of knights obviously. And honorable mention to Crushed, I’m suprised to say that.

Duelling with maa is a joke, can’t parry because you’ll go oos, can’t dodge against certain type of weapons (even longswords…)
    Can’t dodge defensively after a parryi instead of a useless-dodge, it would be an additional waste of stamina.
    Can’t count on predicting the enemy attacks and flinching them on release, it results in trades even against the slowest weapons nowadays.
    Can’t dodge offensively after a swing, skilled players would just feint to parry and start backpedaling in case you dodge back again (which is the only way to win a stamina mini game in MAA vs Knight duels) therefore regenerating stamina and going for a quick trade.

• I still thinks its dumb how you only nerfed broadheads.

• Catapult fix when?

Sprint attack fix when?

Stagger time adjustment when?

Stamina usage change when?

• This post is deleted!

• Is this the full extent of the “battle for balance” or are there more patches coming? This doesn’t change much at all.

• @List:

Is this the full extent of the “battle for balance” or are there more patches coming? This doesn’t change much at all.

Last time they changed a whole lot, you’d think the heavens split open and the apocalypse happened. Its better if they do weapon changes in iterations. As far as “bugs”, well that’s a different matter. Anyhow, as long as they do another patch cycle +1 month after this update, then I’ll be happy with that model for improving the game.

• agree^

crosses fingers for no additional bugs found after patch goes live

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!1111one!!!one!!!1!!!

• wow you guys are really releasing a patch with another nerf to the MAA?? This is hilarious. Below is the link to the 2v2 tourney from this past weekend. I took a look at all the teams that made it to the top… guess how many MAAs I saw? Yup, you guessed it, just as I would imagine, 0. All vanguards and knights. Does TB even watch these matches or do they just listen to the same knight/vanguard forum posters? I’ve played over 1K hours of MAA; MAAs are at a disadvantage in a 2v2 against equally skilled opponents. Keep listening to the theory-crafter knights.

Here’s the link:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/22007-Sophax-s-2-v-2-Tournament

• @ChuckingIt:

Last time they changed a whole lot, you’d think the heavens split open and the apocalypse happened. Its better if they do weapon changes in iterations. As far as “bugs”, well that’s a different matter. Anyhow, as long as they do another patch cycle +1 month after this update, then I’ll be happy with that model for improving the game.

I agree they shouldn’t change too much at once. The last balance patch was unreasonable. If they are doing more patches that’s good.

• I don’t know about that, the sooner we get rid of this Greatsword+Messer Hittrade Hype the better.

• when are the archer nerfs getting rolled back?

they wont be fixing shit

• @Mystikkal:

wow you guys are really releasing a patch with another nerf to the MAA?? This is hilarious. Below is the link to the 2v2 tourney from this past weekend. I took a look at all the teams that made it to the top… guess how many MAAs I saw? Yup, you guessed it, just as I would imagine, 0. All vanguards and knights. Does TB even watch these matches or do they just listen to the same knight/vanguard forum posters? I’ve played over 1K hours of MAA; MAAs are at a disadvantage in a 2v2 against equally skilled opponents. Keep listening to the theory-crafter knights.

Here’s the link:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/22007-Sophax-s-2-v-2-Tournament

Actually, you should check your eyes mate.
    The reason there were 0 Men at Arms in the tournament was because Dodge wasn’t allowed.
    Rules were: No Dodge, No Hax, No Ranged.