BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 30

• Mod

@Shard:

Actually, you should check your eyes mate.
    The reason there were 0 Men at Arms in the tournament was because Dodge wasn’t allowed.
    Rules were: No Dodge, No Hax, No Ranged.

Probably wouldn’t have made too much of a difference if dodge was allowed, MAA’s are at a disadvantage in 2v2/3v3 settings.

• I read the opening paragraph and it didnt say anything related to no dodge. So my eyes are cool.

As spook mentioned, it wouldn’t have mattered, MAAs wouldnt have won in a 2v2 setting.

• I don’t get it, I don’t waste my stam on dodge unless I want to get into a better position against either shieldusers/archers or multiple opponents. But as a MAA I usually parry everything as if I’d play any other class. I don’t dodge out of flinch, if I flinch then I’m flinched end of story, I don’t dodge out of mistakes, because if I made a mistake I should be punished for it.

• no tracer changes? disappointing

rip grandmace forever

• @kwazi:

no tracer changes? disappointing

rip grandmace forever

Halberd overheads going through bodies, 0 hit detection, gg.

• @ashvins:

Halberd overheads going through bodies, 0 hit detection, gg.

Yeah polearms are funny. Hey TB, can’t you guys review and polish some tracers in some weapons? Would do good to the game me thinks

• @Kim:

Probably wouldn’t have made too much of a difference if dodge was allowed, MAA’s are at a disadvantage in 2v2/3v3 settings.

I’m not sure why some people are getting angry over a small change for MAA. They have always been shit in 2v2s and 3v3s because those are 100% about class and weapon matchups (along with unspoken communication & teamwork)

The MAAs HTK for knights is far worse than another knight or a VG. You can not balance every class for every situation. MAAs are good flankers and 1v1s (skirmishers) but in a 2v2 the other team can focus either the MAA if hes aggressive, or his teammate if hes passive basically always making him dead weight in that situation.

But if something was done to MAA to make them more viable in a 2v2 or 3v3 then he will destroy in his existing preordained roles

• @Soldier1stClass:

I’m not sure why some people are getting angry over a small change for MAA. They have always been shit in 2v2s and 3v3s because those are 100% about class and weapon matchups (along with unspoken communication & teamwork)

The MAAs HTK for knights is far worse than another knight or a VG. You can not balance every class for every situation. MAAs are good flankers and 1v1s (skirmishers) but in a 2v2 the other team can focus either the MAA if hes aggressive, or his teammate if hes passive basically always making him dead weight in that situation.

But if something was done to MAA to make them more viable in a 2v2 or 3v3 then he will destroy in his existing preordained roles

No, Maa are not good 1v1 skirmishers. If it was so, we’d see man at arms winnings duel tournaments, which they don’t.

Maa are good clusterfuck flankers and fire pot throwers, that’s all. The current state of maa in duels in far underpowered compared to knight, and kinda underpowered compared to vg, depending on the weapon they choose.

• This post is deleted!

• @Fafnir:

No, Maa are not good 1v1 skirmishers. If it was so, we’d see man at arms winnings duel tournaments, which they don’t.

Maa are good clusterfuck flankers and fire pot throwers, that’s all. The current state of maa in duels in far underpowered compared to knight, and kinda underpowered compared to vg, depending on the weapon they choose.

when was the last all class duel tournament for na or eu? The last one we had in na people were still doing no feint stuff and I don’t know for eu

• @swagfox:

when was the last all class duel tournament for na or eu? The last one we had in na people were still doing no feint stuff and I don’t know for eu

Dodge is not gonna save the day against feints if that’s what you meant with no feint stuff. Dodge still costs more than a feint, since the stamina cost was increased 2 patches or so ago, (maybe a few more I don’t remember correctly)so on the long term dodging on the feints is counter productive.
    Parrying same. More stamina drain than heavy classes.
    Range is short, so with the new meta you just get traded if you keep the distances and then go back in. I don’t know with the new patch yet, I’m about to check it, but I still think the trade is going to happen.
    Feint to parry, more like drain all your stamina in one single move, because again, parrying is not a reliable option nowadays as maa.

Maa nowadays relies only on the enemy’s mistakes, not even anymore on the mobility and fast attacks. Dodges were nerfed and you still get hit sometimes by a lot of weapons, and now a new nerf on the only viable weapon of the maa.
    I’m seriously thinking to go Stabby Knife, probably the best choice :D

All this recent nerfs on maa really make me think that Devs only listen to mediocre knights on the forums who whine because a mediocre maa beat them. Because if they actually played the MAA seriously and had a real feedback, they’d probably set the maa to permadodge. I’m exxagerating obviously… don’t start with the dodge is op pls.

• INB4 LOCK!
    Getting patched now, woo.

• Toasting in a locked thread