Please close down the forums

• It is really not worth having the forums.

6 months of feedback from the professional full time players and all the feedback was ignored.

Battle for the balance - come on that is a joke and thrown into the face of everyone who has analyzed your game and given pages of feedback. I could name them - could you TBS or do you not read the forums?

Reflecting on this beta patch, which I played, I am certainly appreciative of the maps and the work behind it. But you said BATTLE FOR THE BALANCE and gave us what 6 ini file tweaks which while in the right direction were obviously not was asked for if you spent the time to interpret the overall feedback from the competitive community.

Dodge out of flinch did you just ignore it - despite the controversy in the most recent competitive play?

I don’t know, it is like no communication, then a half ass post from steve saying something is coming it out, and it did but really it was lazy, like the lazy communication.

The game has fallen off the top 100 steam games, and obviously for good reason, just no attention, no care for the community. Your new marketing manager is terrible if he supports that.

So since the forums are ignored, no feedback is taken into consideration, just shut it down.

Or perhaps the joke is on us and in 2 months we get 3 ini file tweaks.

Oh and lemonater fuck off out of this thread, you destroy the forums with your posts.

• the whole point of an indie game is that they have the ability to be so close to their community and really design it by gamers for gamers and all that shit. tbs is acting like a corporate sellout only they have 1/1000 of the quality and 1/10000 of the skill. They had a really great fucking idea and stopped carrying shortly after they made their millions only to lose all of it by not giving a shit. top kek tbh

• Global Moderator

Greg’s ______________

• @lemonater47:

Greg’s mad again.

_“Do not post disingenuously**, or in an inflammatory manner for the sole purpose of upsetting others.** Negative commentary and minority opinions are not frowned upon, but members are expected to be able to substantiate their positions.”
    -Da Ruleszezez

_

• Global Moderator

The falling off the top 100 steam games argument is silly considering its been almost consistently falling off every day since 2012 at a certain time of day. And at the certain time of day a lot of multiplayer games fall off or drop significantly while singleplayer games do the opposite.

Its currently 75th.

• Wait, there are professional Chivalry players? They are earning a living playing Chiv? Get the fuck out……

• I bet TBS read this thread.

• The op has no valid points at all tbh. Were would you elitist Queens rage post after being out exploited hmmmn…?
    I’d suggest the OP doesn’t visit the candy shop if the brand is not to ones tastes.

• However if you permanently ban lemonater for making the world a stupider a place all will be forgiven.

• @Retsnom:

Wait, there are professional Chivalry players? They are earning a living playing Chiv? Get the fuck out……

you don’t have to earn money for being a professional at something though.

• @Retsnom:

Wait, there are professional Chivalry players? They are earning a living playing Chiv? Get the fuck out……

1. A person, who is a member of a professional body due to the education qualification and follows the prescribed moeal and prefessional code of conduct. 2. A person who has mastered a high level of expertise in a subject, notion on field.

Law Dictionary: What is PROFESSIONAL? definition of PROFESSIONAL (Black’s Law Dictionary)

There is not enough context to define whether or not someone can be recognized as a professional legally as it is defined fairly broadly in the second definition. However, you do not have to associate economic activity with the word professional, there just has to be a predefined system to measure whether one’s talents or expertise are “professional” that being said, I don’t think there is any way to gauge someone being professional at chivalry.

However, the way you define professional is wrong, you don’t have to make money to be a professional.

• Huggles, professional pedant.

• @dudeface:

Huggles, professional pedant.

yessssssssssssssssssir

• huggles whats your opinion on starship troopers

• Maybe we should all just not post on the forums for a day.

• @Skindiacus:

Maybe we should all just not post on the forums for a day.

i wont post at all once slasher comes

unless of course TBS takes me up on my offer

• 90% of the forum activity these days is just people complaining about MaA. I don’t think they’ll stop till the class is removed.

• @wyrda78:

90% of the forum activity these days is just people complaining about Archers. I don’t think they’ll stop till the class is removed.

fixed that for u

• @wyrda78:

90% of the forum activity these days is just people complaining about MaA. I don’t think they’ll stop till the class is removed.

No, it’s 10% of people posting a bait thread in which they complain about the people that are complaining about maa and expecting they’ll get a good reaction when they go on off complaining and giving straw mans because tbs fixed an exploit and hardly tweaked the windup times of one good weapon.

• @wyrda78:

90% of the forum activity these days is just people complaining about archers. I don’t think they’ll stop till the class is removed.

@zombojoe:

fixed that for u

this one is actually true, but good reason for it. imho chivalry shouldn’t have even had ranged combat in the first place if they weren’t going to make extensive balance decisions to prevent them from dominating engagements. They didn’t however, and now archers will forever be op no matter what we do unless we fundamentally change gameplay mechanics. Sucks to be an archer top kek

maa has dodge crutch

vanguards got knockback crutch

archers have range crutch

knights have resistence crutch which means dominating hit trades in a hit trade meta game. why knight will always be the best class regardless of how broken other classes are

exception being archers

The thing is, maa is broken as fuck albeit useless in a hit trading meta

vanguard knockback is stupid as fuck, albeit useless in a hit trading meta

archers get unblockable mauls, regardless of how much damage archers do it’s still unblockable which leads to it being stupid inb4 then I guess throwin knives and axes are too to which I would actually answer yes top kek, unblockable anything is stupid imho at least in a game based around melee with limited amounts of things you can do to fight back

the pattern? Knight wins in melee because of hit trade meta in a game where the mechanics more often than not support hit trading. The best loadout is the one that soaks up the most damage and deals the most damage back out and decent rates. That’s why messer is king, spinny maul is king, sow is king, gmace is king (if you know how to use it). The most prevalent being messer, and will always be messer, sow, maul

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.