It's starting to look good. (Mount and blade2)

• Here’s a video we were given yesterday about M&B2’s engine and editor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obO5sbziqjM
    Also 4 second combat teaser in the end.

• Looks really good tbh.

Im very excited.

• Definitely looks great.

But I’d say the animations could still use more polishing and I also noticed they didn’t use a skymap; the entire sky is just a foggy blue gradient. I hope they will add more feel to that.

• That link won’t work with my mouse at all. Those fields might look better but on arrival are worse tbh.

• Looks like it’ll be the first M&B game I play. Any idea what the price will be?

• My guess is 40-50€, which is roughly $50-60?

• @Rickvs:

Definitely looks great.

But I’d say the animations could still use more polishing and I also noticed they didn’t use a skymap; the entire sky is just a foggy blue gradient. I hope they will add more feel to that.

I believe the game is still very much in alpha and stuff in general will get some polishing. They did mention on forums, that combat still needs a lot of work and won’t start to talk about it much until it’s starting to work well.

• Really excited for this game. Between this and Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the next few years of medieval gaming are going to be awesome.

• those last bits with combat seem to suggest that they still use their retarded directional block floaty movement 3rd person combat system

what a dissapointment, i expected them to bring something completely new. graphics look more like 2010 but i guess this will be a fun singleplayer game

screw mp tho

• Oooohhhhh man, can’t wait. Honestly, Chiv and Warband have been the only two PC games I’ve been playing for a while now. Need that medieval fix, waiting for the next season of Game of Thrones.

And honestly, with the graphics and animations that are in all the other M&B games, I’d be happy with even a minor upgrade to both. This looks fuckin amazing already.

• This post is deleted!

• Hmm now that I think about it, I never really even liked M&B much lol.

I’m not sure exactly what it is. I think it’s just too… slow, if that makes any sense. Most of the missions obtained from counts felt the same, and though I tried to change my playstyle a bit here and there, I always found myself bored of killing a few bandits once in a while when not traversing the entire world map looking for something better to do.

But that’s just me. It could very well be that I missed the entire point of Mount & Blade because granted, I’ve only played it for 10 hours.
    It just didn’t have a lot of adrenaline in it. I knew from the start that I was going to play the sandbox mainly for some battles but when I started playing I quickly figured out that the battles are far inbetween and no matter the size of the battle there were no adrenaline rushing moments for me. The fighting was dull for me, not to mention it felt like there was a lack of actual “impact”. The game could use more blood effects or at least some hitstop effect/sound.

Well, there’s that and the fact that the developers made it unnecessarily confusing for people to replace the default music. I found myself muting the in-game music and playing LoTR soundtracks in Windows Media Player because the in-game soundtrack was just so repetitive and plain horrible. It’s like they used a MIDI synthesizer for every song.

• Mount and blade has an unintuitive parry system, tht was the main gamechanger for me. You should be able to change block directions while holding down the parry button by just looking to that side, instead you have to re press the button and make a jerking motion with your mouse. It just feels awkward and weird, also the first person is awful, and third person just sucks because, well, third person

also I know graphics don’t make a good game, but they were honestly really bad lol

At no point did I feel immersed in the game plus the fact that travelling felt like a chore and not like a great journey. The atmospere and the lore never interested me tbh, mods did a much better job especially with sound tracks

• horse archery was fun tho

• Single player M&B was like crack! Totally awesome game, and with a couple of mods the campaign was some of the most fun I’ve ever had with a computer. The combat, however, is all about cavalry, the infantry stuff just isn’t satisfying. I’m super excited for the sequel, but tbh I don’t think it’s anywhere NEAR release date. They kind of need to hurry up with it, because they’ve been working on it for a while now and there’s been no mention of even closed alpha testing. My finger in the air estimate of a release date is 2016 at the current rate of development.

• Loved the singleplayer but hated the combat (parrying) mechanics. Will probably sink some hundred hours in the SP again but that’s it.

• yeah the singleplayer will be amazing especially coop campaign

• @CRUSHED:

yeah the singleplayer will be amazing especially coop campaign

I hate to be a downer, but i remember them saying there won’t be a coop campaign in M&B2.

• @fvonb:

Loved the singleplayer but hated the combat (parrying) mechanics. Will probably sink some hundred hours in the SP again but that’s it.

There was something about them improving combat mechanics in a pretty old interview. I think it was something about making combat less blocky, they did also mention they’re going to have essentially the same combat mechanics, but will improve them. (A lot.)

• @Harry:

tbh I don’t think it’s anywhere NEAR release date. They kind of need to hurry up with it, because they’ve been working on it for a while now and there’s been no mention of even closed alpha testing. My finger in the air estimate of a release date is 2016 at the current rate of development.

They started working on it sometime after Warband got released. I understand why it’s taking so long, and that is, that it’s just not another Warband. They’re remaking EVERYTHING besides mechanics (and SP map, which they will only expand from what i’ve heard), from scratch. There has been no word about alpha testing, no, but small talk about beta testing once the time is here. My guess is it’ll be released in 2015.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.