Chivalry… some disappointment

• Alright, so, I’m fairly new to Chivalry but understand the mechanics well enough, I’ve come to this game from War of the Roses because I absolutely cannot stand game mechanic exploit and unsporting players, WotR was stuffed full of both, so I came here under the impression from a friend that exploit isn’t really possible, so I got into my first games and did EXTREMELY well, very first match got a 37 man killstreak and only 4 deaths on a team objective(unfortunately), then I got some more matches in and come out as the top player, using feints, combos, parries, etc.

I leveled from 0 to 18 in one weekend which was probably a bad thing because now, I’m getting into the higher leveled matches and am seeing quite a few things which I’m sure isn’t supposed to be there, a knight was using a tower shield and sword of war was doing seeming INSTANT followups on combos with little or no animation or swing delay, and even doing instant bashes TO ME while his shield was held, with very little animation.

Then a few matches later, I get into team objective with some other people around my level, about 8 people were there, then suddenly, 3 dudes around level 50 come in all playing MAA and they’re doing invisible damage too, absolutely no animation even the other players agreed on me with this one, and it wasn’t ping as they all had 24 - 40 ping throughout the match. We called them out on it and they all said something along the lines of “lololol we’re just playing and yur just newbs, get rekt” so in light of their rather low intellect, I don’t think talking was a viable option, so we vote kicked all 3 of them. They didn’t come back which was good I suppose.

I have to say, this is rather disappointing seeing these people. So I have a question for the forum community, is sticking around to see how the game turns out worth it? Or is this actually what the community is/has come to, using these “invisible hits” to win without contest or sport? This game’s combat and brutal nature is a great change of pace from the absolutely absurd BS War of the Roses had supplied, but if this is the community I’d rather not be a part of it.

EDIT: Fixed a few mixed words, my mistake on the initial post

• I can’t say I’ve ever encountered truly invisible hits. Are you sure they weren’t just desyncing? That is, were they doing damage well ahead of their actual weapon swing animations? That can be a problem, and it would seem like certain players can manipulate this desyncing at will, but those types are rare.

You’re bound to see some more strange or silly things if you decide to play more, but I wouldn’t say the community is too bad. There are plenty of people who don’t take the game too seriously and are just in it for the laughs.

• Hmm, I’ve never seen “invisible hits” either, definitely some screwed up animations though. Invisible kicks too? I’d stick around if I was you though, there is still a lot of great fun to be had in the game, regardless of the few who exploit to the fullest. Didnt know WotR was that bad though in that aspect. Kinda disappointing, always was kinda interested in tryin it out.

• Never seen invisible hits, but I generally only play on official servers.

• There is a way to delay swings for seconds actually, i don’t know how but i’ve seen it a couple times.

The animations in this game have worsened over the past year, i would understand if you were having trouble with the animations but you’re talking about invisible damage or animations. I’ve only encountered one person doing this on official servers though.

There are other ways but those are glitches that can’t be replicated on purpose. If you feel the sensitivity goes crazy, that’s a desync. If you get hit in the middle of a riposte the attack animation will break, sometimes it doesn’t animate at all. There’s no such thing as invisible kicks and you can’t riposte with shields, i don’t know if that’s what you meant with counters.

You need to provide proof.

• @Skorm:

Alright, so, I’m fairly new to Chivalry but understand the mechanics well enough, I’ve come to this game from War of the Roses because I absolutely cannot stand game mechanic exploit and unsporting players, WotR was stuffed full of both, so I came here under the impression from a friend that exploit isn’t really possible, so I got into my first games and did EXTREMELY well, very first match got a 37 man killstreak and only 4 deaths on a team objective(unfortunately), then I got some more matches in and come out as the top player, using feints, combos, parries, etc.

I leveled from 0 to 18 in one weekend which was probably a bad thing because now, I’m getting into the higher leveled matches and am seeing quite a few things which I’m sure isn’t supposed to be there, a knight was using a tower shield and sword of war was doing seeming INSTANT followups on combos with little or no animation or swing delay, and even doing instant bashes TO ME while his shield was held, with very little animation.

Then a few matches later, I get into team objective with some other people around my level, about 8 people were there, then suddenly, 3 dudes around level 50 come in all playing MAA and they’re doing invisible damage too, absolutely no animation even the other players agreed on me with this one, and it wasn’t ping as they all had 24 - 40 ping throughout the match. We called them out on it and they all said something along the lines of “lololol we’re just playing and yur just newbs, get rekt” so in light of their rather low intellect, I don’t think talking was a viable option, so we vote kicked all 3 of them. They didn’t come back which was good I suppose.

I have to say, this is rather disappointing seeing these people. So I have a question for the forum community, is sticking around to see how the game turns out worth it? Or is this actually what the community is/has come to, using these “invisible hits” to win without contest or sport? This game’s combat and brutal nature is a great change of pace from the absolutely absurd BS War of the Roses had supplied, but if this is the community I’d rather not be a part of it.

EDIT: Fixed a few mixed words, my mistake on the initial post

So full of lulz……

First off, clearly you DONT know the game mechanics as you mostly died from MMA drags and combos.

Second. just because you were All Pro in one game doesn’t mean you can instantly come into another game and be All Pro.

3rd. Yes you made the fatal mistake of kicking upper level players instead of asking them to teach you what they were doing automatically assuming they were exploiting because you don’t have a clue about the game mechanics.

4th There is a large knowledge and skill gap from level <30 and level 50.

5th. You come in here like the stereotypical noob crying and whining only to insult upper level players and the community based on your ignorance, lack of skill, and some false moral sense of superiority that you are entitled to be a Chivalry GOD.

This game can be very simple to learn but hard to master. I am guessing you don’t even have all of your weapons unlocked yet. You found that once you could no longer play in the low rank servers the reality of going against knowledgeable and skilled players was not your cup of tea and decided to rage and cry like a baby on the forums. Well, be prepared to be flamed… We see your type come and go.

So if you don’t want to be hated by the community for your insults and ignorance, take some advice. Go and play for a month, unlock all of your weapons in FFAs where you will learn what each weapon does against the others, one at a time. Then pick one weapon and master it for a few weeks in Duels. THere you will learn even more. Then hop in some TO maps to learn the maps. So maybe in a month or so you can come back and apologize for being such a stereotypical noob.

• In this thread…

The reason Chivalry is dying.

• Actually I think having low ranked servers are the reason for this because it does just the opposite of what they were intended to do. Instead of preparing them for the real mechanics it does nothing but make them dependent upon mashing the LMB not even knowing there is a parry or a single timed attacks of accelerations and drags. So by the time they graduate from these low ranked servers they have this false sense of skill then they get rekt and have to learn the right way or they, like the OP that just gives up because they now think skill = exploiting and is unfair.

• @Retsnom:

So full of lulz……

First off, clearly you DONT know the game mechanics as you mostly died from MMA drags and combos.

Second. just because you were All Pro in one game doesn’t mean you can instantly come into another game and be All Pro.

3rd. Yes you made the fatal mistake of kicking upper level players instead of asking them to teach you what they were doing automatically assuming they were exploiting because you don’t have a clue about the game mechanics.

4th There is a large knowledge and skill gap from level <30 and level 50.

5th. You come in here like the stereotypical noob crying and whining only to insult upper level players and the community based on your ignorance, lack of skill, and some false moral sense of superiority that you are entitled to be a Chivalry GOD.

This game can be very simple to learn but hard to master. I am guessing you don’t even have all of your weapons unlocked yet. You found that once you could no longer play in the low rank servers the reality of going against knowledgeable and skilled players was not your cup of tea and decided to rage and cry like a baby on the forums. Well, be prepared to be flamed… We see your type come and go.

So if you don’t want to be hated by the community for your insults and ignorance, take some advice. Go and play for a month, unlock all of your weapons in FFAs where you will learn what each weapon does against the others, one at a time. Then pick one weapon and master it for a few weeks in Duels. THere you will learn even more. Then hop in some TO maps to learn the maps. So maybe in a month or so you can come back and apologize for being such a stereotypical noob.

K lol BACON

• In this thread…

The reason Chivalry is dying.

I wholeheartedly agree. People like OP here come in the forums and complain about high ranks abusing the game because they don’t understand game mechanics. Truly ignorant and childish of them.

• That’s quite a possibility, more play today I’ve seen a quite a lot of desyncing, based off your definition anyways lol.

• Global Moderator

Sounds like official servers to me.

desync central.

• Yeah this game has some bullshit desync, but I got 1200h+ now so I would say its totally worth to stay man. You won’t find any other game that has such an awesome melee mechanics.

• @Retsnom:

Actually I think having low ranked servers are the reason for this because it does just the opposite of what they were intended to do. Instead of preparing them for the real mechanics it does nothing but make them dependent upon mashing the LMB not even knowing there is a parry or a single timed attacks of accelerations and drags. So by the time they graduate from these low ranked servers they have this false sense of skill then they get rekt and have to learn the right way or they, like the OP that just gives up because they now think skill = exploiting and is unfair.

^This

The low rank servers are teaching the newcomers wrongly. As soon as they join regular servers, they’re shocked at how all the high ranks are cheating. Not really cheating, just regular shitty pro play.

• Oh boy, I wish you recorded those ‘invisible hits’ and the whole situation. Looks like you got rekt by a few more decent players, started to accuse them of exploiting/haxxing (typical thing from a lowbie these days) and kicked them out eventually for being too good for your likings.

There are desyncs now and then but for me it is like once per ten hours of playtime, almost irrelevant.

Maa’s stab and lookdown overhead accelerated ripostes could be basically instant on a laggy, pingy server, to the point of “invisible hits” for the players of not-so-good reflexes.

• The only time I have noticed the desyncs was when I was playing on an official west coast server where I had like 80 ping (I have google fiber) and the majority were 100-150 pings of retardation. I usually play on my server, the |ĶأĻă| Thunderdome server in Chicago and used to 20-30 ping or low ping servers.

This is what I keep saying about official servers having a 110 ping limit Max. Any ping close to 100 just plain sucks in this game. Playing against them if you have great ping with a 60 point ping differential just plain sucks. For other games that maybe great but for Chiv and its over bloated netcode along with weak unstable servers = lag and desyncs. And you people want 64 man servers? HAHA, I laugh at you and fart in your general direction.

• @Vanguard:

Yeah this game has some bullshit desync, but I got 1200h+ now so I would say its totally worth to stay man. You won’t find any other game that has such an awesome melee mechanics.

Exactly. This game killed the melee combat in a lot of games for me. They’re all just so dull now. I used to enjoy the combat in Elder Scrolls games. Now I play them and just laugh. Actually no, I don’t play them, cuz of that…

• Let me try to be helpful (rather than just insulting which for some reason is the go to reaction of so many people on these forums).

Make sure your FPS is as high as you can make it, if you miss one or two frames in Chivalry you can miss the windup of a fast weapon. This can make certain weapons appear to “invisible hit”. There are other threads about this if simply turning down graphics doesn’t work.

Some servers are laggy, especially on certain maps and you might see bad FPS drops. Find servers that are reliable.

Lastly check out youtube for some guides to combat, learning how to anticipate accelerated attacks and drags will help and you can learn some new techniques.

• @Dr:

Let me try to be helpful (rather than just insulting which for some reason is the go to reaction of so many people on these forums).

Make sure your FPS is as high as you can make it, if you miss one or two frames in Chivalry you can miss the windup of a fast weapon. This can make certain weapons appear to “invisible hit”. There are other threads about this if simply turning down graphics doesn’t work.

Some servers are laggy, especially on certain maps and you might see bad FPS drops. Find servers that are reliable.

Lastly check out youtube for some guides to combat, learning how to anticipate accelerated attacks and drags will help and you can learn some new techniques.

Thank you lad, thank you very much. You deserve a fellowship medal! And as for the “invisible hits” I think it might be the desync as some have mentioned, it’s bad on all but the TDM servers oddly enough.

• Desyncs tend to happen more often during combo. Usually the desync happens on the third or fourth hit.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.