Breaking Drag, AKA mouse slips, AKA super fast drags

• Am I the only one who gets these from time to time? I shouldn’t be able to drag laterally so fast, so it’s weird.
    They usually happen when my mouse sort of slips out of control, but they don’t occur with every slip.

Here’s a video with 2 occurrences that took place in the same session. I left some extra bits in to show that I perform similar motions but not all of them “break” the attacks. Since I and the other guy are seeing them all weird, it must affect both 1p and 3p animations.

It’s like not only arms turn really fast, but your character/camera also spins abnormally fast.
    They don’t really see any animation according to my opponents. I must get one or two at least twice a week. I’ve tried to replicate this bug but I couldn’t find a rule to reproduce it 100%.

http://youtu.be/qJ6kk4TwQ0k

So far I’ve been able to observe them while doing combos and dragging. Attack sequence does not matter, as I combo into different types of attack. However, they are more noticeable with attacks that require more sideways dragging, basically swings (LMB) and overheads.

I play with 24 ingame sensibility and 1000-1200 DPI.

Maybe this is related to animations breaking when dragging combos? (those awful ghost/desynced hits)
    Idk, but it would be great to see smooth animations 100% of the time ._.

• Happens to me too, I always just assumed it was lag causing the turn cap to break or something.

• I can’t do 1080 stab spins anymore though so they fixed that. but yeah, some speedups happen sometimes during combos.

• Whenever the turncap breaks it throws me way the fuck off as my turning rate increases by x10

• Yup, happens to me as well, usually when riposting.

Very annoying.

• Mod

I’ve found that this usually causes a desync too.

• Wierd shit, happens to me too. I have no idea how to reproduce this

• This might be a problem with windows. . .Not sure, but if it is it’s fixable :L

• @Xylvion:

This might be a problem with windows. . .Not sure, but if it is it’s fixable :L

Why? Any info on that.
    I normally play with 1:1, no mouse smoothing (windows, mouse software or ingame settings.

I thought this was caused by the laser sensor of my mouse (which are known to have a funny unwanted % extra accel with certain motions) but apparently it happens to ppl with all kinds of systems and mice.
    I’ve also had this happen months ago with a diff mouse.

I’ve also search for old threads on this matter and found this topic and this one. I already knew about negative acceleration, but based on the findings of Cerebral Harlot, the opposite effect should be more frequent than uncappinghe turnrate. idk.

I’ll try to do a few more tests. I really want to know why animations break from to time and under what circumstances, so that maybe TBS can fix them someday. Kinda sad we had no official response so far :(

• That is what a desync looks like first person

• @Rob_Owner:

That is what a desync looks like first person

Most certainly. However, I think there are diff types of desyncs/ghost swings and not all of them look as broken as this vid.

Regarding these specific ‘desyncs’, I can’t really control what happens after the bug occurs (because the swing moves so fast). ALso, I know something is totally off so I just stop attacking.

On the other hand, I’ve seen veterans desync messer combos and other weapons and act as if nothing happens. I really don’t think they’re aware. They just keep attacking and landing easy hits. I’ve performed this specific kind of desyncs on random occasions, usually with combos where ppl just say “ghost swings manng” and I’ve no idea what’s happening on their end because my movements are fine and not any different from what I usually do. Ping probably plays a role on them too.

• @Alphonse:

Why? Any info on that.
    I normally play with 1:1, no mouse smoothing (windows, mouse software or ingame settings.

I thought this was caused by the laser sensor of my mouse (which are known to have a funny unwanted % extra accel with certain motions) but apparently it happens to ppl with all kinds of systems and mice.
    I’ve also had this happen months ago with a diff mouse.

I’ve also search for old threads on this matter and found this topic and this one. I already knew about negative acceleration, but based on the findings of Cerebral Harlot, the opposite effect should be more frequent than uncappinghe turnrate. idk.

I’ll try to do a few more tests. I really want to know why animations break from to time and under what circumstances, so that maybe TBS can fix them someday. Kinda sad we had no official response so far :(

Not sure if it helps or is exactly what you’ve done, but the two things this guy does between 1:40-3:40ish might help? It sounds like you’ve done the first of the two at least.

• Push, still happening.