Regarding the nerfs to archer class

• @Sir:

What a joke. MAA is easier than knights? What a load. Knights have to learn cftp and how to drag. Good job really hard.

Wow man, I was just temporarily filling in blanks. I wanted to get his view of the classes difficulty, That list isn’t mine nor his.

• @entire:

It isn’t easy to land shots. Unless they’re right up in your face there is a component of luck. You have to aim in the direction you think they’re going and any change to their movement and you missed. That’s assuming your aim was perfect anyway. Archer battles from a distance can take 10-15 arrows before landing a kill shot. That’s <10% accuracy.

Because they figure out early it’s a hard class and they give it up in favor of knight/vanguard.

No, archer battles are really hard to land shots in because you are being pressured to take faster shots in sacrifice of accuracy and typically speaking you are both on opposite ends of the battlefield where as the melee is typically in the middle. Archers feel no pressure whatsoever unless another archer is pressuring them.

Also, bad players find out they can in no way hope to kill a good player by spamming lmb with a melee class and then result to range because the shots re unblockable and nothing in the melee’s skill can do anything to stop you from successfully hitting them especially if they are focused in melee. Sure if one archer is zoning on a melee and he is running and dipping diving spinning towards you it might get a little hairy, but in a scrim this almost never happens and if you play your role right as archer this never happens either.

headshots are very difficult to land as archer, you would be right, body shots are pretty easy though. It still 2 hits the majority of classes, or well did.

With the absurd projectile speed, insane damage, and fast fire rate archer is incredibly overpowered. Why? because it is a low risk and incredibly high reward class. Besides enemy archers, nothing could ever keep them in place. Smoke pots are worthless and throwables could never hope to compete.

I’m all for archers keeping their damage, but it’s just wayy to easy to ping enemies atm. There is also very little risk in going to close ranges behind your teammates and taking point blanks because shooting doesn’t take up any stamina and there is 0 sway.

Archery either needs to get drastically harder to do, or its damage needs to take a massive hit. Also no matter what projectile speeds need to be looked at.

Also the idea that because it takes 2 shots to kill another archer means that archers will focus less on each other, is total bullshit. TBS don’t listen to these cop out arguments, archers are the only counters to other archers, they are the only threat. Of course they will be taken seriously. If anything this will make archer battles go on longer therefore draining more ammo and taking less pressure off the melee.

• @entire:

Well I simply disagree. With the crossbow, sure. Those are easier to hit with but are made up for by the reload. Maybe the LCB needs to be looked at because it’s so damn fast, but I’ve said that a few times already. I mean yeah, I can hit with the heavy crossbow quite easily but I still prefer not to use it because the reload leaves you too vulnerable.

The bows are hard to hit with, unless your target is not moving or running in a straight line. Getting the lead times right, learning to read the fights to know when is best to fire, adjusting height, all take lots of time to master.

My friend Ryan started casually playing chiv and he wasn’t too great at melee. He switched to archer and loved it, and did very well with it right off the bat using a longbow. If you play lots of FPS games, or games in general, then leading your shots is easy, especially in this game where every shot has 100% accuracy no matter what. Yeah, real tough to shoot people that can’t retaliate. Using guns in RO2 is harder than using crossbows in chiv. And they’re fucking ballistic weapons.

• @Sir:

What a joke. MAA is easier than knights? What a load. Knights have to learn cftp and how to drag. Good job really hard.

Anddd maa need to know how to dodge out of flinch and stab.

Let’s not call out entire classes, ik maa is harder than that, and you know knights are much harder than that. Knights are the easiest class in the game to punish for their mistakes, and if hit trading wasn’t such a huge meta, no one would be bitching about knights. The argument for maa being easy as hell isthat they don’t need to learn how to parry drags and they don’t need to learn how to read feints because dodge solves the majority of problems. It’s also an issue that maa don’t have to commit to anything. AKA parry dodges, I fell for that feint but I can dodge while parrying so take that! The only thing maa doesn’t have going for it is htk and health. braodsword has pretty awesome htk though.

• i challenge everyone claiming archer is op to post results from a comp match

• Mod

@zombojoe:

i challenge everyone claiming archer is op to post results from a comp match

Archers don’t show up much on the scoreboard because they aren’t the main killers. A few good tags into the enemy push and your melee should clean them up with ease since they’re all crit. If the archer is the one carrying and getting the most kills then your melee is doing their job wrong and seriously needs to step it up.

• @Kim:

Archers don’t show up much on the scoreboard because they aren’t the main killers. A few good tags into the enemy push and your melee should clean them up with ease since they’re all crit. If the archer is the one carrying and getting the most kills then your melee is doing their job wrong and seriously needs to step it up.

Most people don’t understand this. It doesn’t matter if the archer kills you, the fact that he keeps tagging you every 5 seconds is god damned annoying though. When I run out of spawn, eat an arrow, look down and see the helmet I paid $7.99 for lying in the dirt, part of me dies inside.

• @Kim:

you can get free dmg before fights with throwing axes

• Global Moderator

Something killed me nerf it, nerf it dead.

• @lemonater47:

Something killed me nerf it, nerf it dead.

You know archer mains are sweating/crying over the nerfs when they start resorting to straw manning like this.

• Global Moderator

@DokB:

You know archer mains are sweating/crying over the nerfs when they start resorting to straw manning like this.

Its because they nerfed broadheads. They nerfed archer on archer combat.

Making archer less fun overall and means they fire into melee fights more as their one hit kills on other archers has gone. HTK hasn’t changed on MAA or vanguards.

They made the “issue” worse. They nerfed it the wrong way.

• @lemonater47:

There wasn’t an issue to begin with, except for archers not being able to flinch attacks.

When I have a good game as an archer, it’s because the other team is rolling 4 archers and I managed to get 20 counter archer kills with the warbow broadhead, then maybe 10-15 on the melee with the bow and short sword. That’s essentially gone now.

The only good archer I know who deliberately targets melee with warbow/bodkin (even in scrims) is T | Skillz, and that’s why he’s regarded as the most annoying archer in NA. Everyone’s going to start seeing a lot more archers like that now.

• @lemonater47:

Its because they nerfed broadheads. They nerfed archer on archer combat.

Making archer less fun overall and means they fire into melee fights more as their one hit kills on other archers has gone. HTK hasn’t changed on MAA or vanguards.

You can repeat that for 4,000 more posts, but it will not make it true.

• @gregcau:

You can repeat that for 4,000 more posts, but it will not make it true.

What’s faulty in the logic? I’ve arched for a few hundred hours and I can tell you without a doubt, the only two reasons I target archers is:

1. My ability to one shot them
    2. The fact that they will one shot me if I ignore them.

If the other team had bad archers or no archers, I’d always go bodkin instead and focus entirely on melee.

With the removal of the warbows ability to one shot archers, you can guarantee I’m going to drop the counterarching all together and focus on melee 100% of the time.

Yes the Heavy Crossbow is there, but I hate the reload time on it. I’m willing to bet the majority of warbow archers will find a new bow rather than switch to the crossbows.

• @entire:

What’s faulty in the logic? I’ve arched for a few hundred hours and I can tell you without a doubt, the only two reasons I target archers is:

1. My ability to one shot them
    2. The fact that they will one shot me if I ignore them.

If the other team had bad archers or no archers, I’d always go bodkin instead and focus entirely on melee.

With the removal of the warbows ability to one shot archers, you can guarantee I’m going to drop the counterarching all together and focus on melee 100% of the time.

Yes the Heavy Crossbow is there, but I hate the reload time on it. I’m willing to bet the majority of warbow archers will find a new bow rather than switch to the crossbows.

If 10% of people will counter arch less I am totally fine with that, maybe I will take the heavy xbow and snipe them if they aren’t looking my way.

Archers can cry and pull their hair because of the nerfs but overall it is all good. Personally when I do go archer I will go heavy xbow or maybe now the shortbow and sling will become viable alternatives. All good.

• more or less all the archer weapons are viable, its just that the ones that cant 1 shot archers tend not to get used because any counter archer worth his salt will always win that matchup

so when the enemy team has no archer any weapon works, imho longbow > warbow in that situation, much better firerate

slasher’s archer system will be x10 better so idgaf at this point

• @gregcau:

If 10% of people will counter arch less I am totally fine with that, maybe I will take the heavy xbow and snipe them if they aren’t looking my way.

Archers can cry and pull their hair because of the nerfs but overall it is all good. Personally when I do go archer I will go heavy xbow or maybe now the shortbow and sling will become viable alternatives. All good.

10%? I think you’re grossly underestimating. At least half the archer in every game were warbow / broadhead. I’m willing to bet 90%+ will change. Most of them will go warbow bodkin, with the rest going to longbow or crossbows.

• @entire:

10%? I think you’re grossly underestimating. At least half the archer in every game were warbow / broadhead. I’m willing to bet 90%+ will change. Most of them will go warbow bodkin, with the rest going to longbow or crossbows.

Do you think most people actually read the forums or patches? 90% of players are casual pubs who care not at all about minor changes.

There are only like 6 people on the forum that actually care and posted on the poll to not nerf bows.

• @gregcau:

Do you think most people actually read the forums or patches? 90% of players are casual pubs who care not at all about minor changes.

There are only like 6 people on the forum that actually care and posted on the poll to not nerf bows.

They’ll know when the ability to one-shot with warbow gets removed. Word spreads quick in pubs.

• Archers nerf was a long time coming and everyone hated archers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrJ0aOj_tws&feature=youtu.be

I will still enjoy archers because its more about the fun of landing shots than the kill rate.