You know something is really wrong with the poleaxe….

• …when a slash-stab combo to the torso fails to kill a MAA. Please to some tweaking to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

• Or a surprise overhead to the back of an archers skull with a g-mace doesn’t 1 hit kill them and then they pull out their secondary and parry your combo.

• @jrmftw:

Or a surprise overhead to the back of an archers skull with a g-mace doesn’t 1 hit kill them and then they pull out their secondary and parry your combo.

Archers have a bit of blunt resist so wouldn’t be quite as surprised. Getting them in the head though…

• gmace in the head 1 hits archers

• Gmace and poleaxe should both 1shot archers and probably maas aswell

• Mod

@jrmftw:

Or a surprise overhead to the back of an archers skull with a g-mace doesn’t 1 hit kill them and then they pull out their secondary and parry your combo.

I thought I did one hit them to the head a few times, it just seems the hit tracers to the head are out, so it’s more of a flukey one shot to kill. Better off just pulling out holy water sprinkler and covering the little bastards in bore water.

• @Tyoson:

I thought I did one hit them to the head a few times, it just seems the hit tracers to the head are out, so it’s more of a flukey one shot to kill. Better off just pulling out holy water sprinkler and covering the little bastards in bore water.

yeah, it does 1 hit but with no handle + the archer saying fuck you and running away its pretty hard to actually hit them in the head.

• Global Moderator

Maul solved those problems.

• The poleaxe stab could get a 20 damage nerf and still be really effective, just saying. What poleaxe needs is better drags. instead of 45k vertical and horizontal I’d suggest 50k in both vertical and horizontal. The same goes for bearded, which I would suggest even higher horizontal cap, 55k-60k, but keep the vertical cap on 45k.

• Poleaxe is decent but messer is better.

The only thing it has going for it is the broken animations with the stab.

I swear risposte stabs on poleaxe just dont animate, until after they hit you.

• Mod

@lemonater47:

Maul solved those problems.

Maul doesn’t remind of hitting a home run with a baseball bat when I slam an archers head into tiny pieces though :(

• @zombojoe:

This has mostly been my experience as well.

• Mod

@dudeface:

This has mostly been my experience as well.

Yes sir. Me too. Stabs so fast it break the laws of physics.

• Poleaxe hits pretty hard, and is really satisfying to get headshots with. Gmace is also pretty decent. These weapons aren’t necessarily underpowered, but other weapons like Messer and maul are just OP In comparison. SoW is also really quick, but it could use a very slight buff, then longsword can really be a middle-ground between heavier blunty sword and lighter pokey sword.

• @zombojoe:

Poleaxe is decent but messer is better.

They animate, just hard as shit to see if they’re turned in a specific way, same as maul, bearded, grandmace and dubaxe.

• @Ready:

…when a slash-stab combo to the torso fails to kill a MAA. Please to some tweaking to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Good job hitting the legs twice thats harder then hitting anything else

• @Xylvion:

They animate, just hard as shit to see if they’re turned in a specific way, same as maul, bearded, grandmace and dubaxe.

@zombojoe:

Poleaxe is decent but messer is better.

I got hit through my parry 10 times yesterday by what looked like to be a straight up (not dragged) stab. It wasn’t even a riposte, and only by parrying too early I was able to block it.

It was just a running lookdown stab from a distance dragged from center to my right hand side but parrying it was still hard as hell and always too late. I can see now why it’s so easy to land those (still quite slow) stabs on even high ranked players.

All the weapons with that same animation can do that with ripostes but out of ripostes poleaxe is the only one I’ve experienced that with.

• You mean something is wrong with MaAs. Pole axe was nerfed because it could 2 hit knights with overhead stab combo to the torso (It was very popular in scrims before swords). I’m not saying don’t buff it, but I think it’s weak because of poor mechanic design and not because of the weapon’s stats.

• So I took a look at the Pole axe stats and the only way what you mentined could have happened is:
    If both your attacks hit the feet of the MAA which would leave him with 1 hp.
    Slash+stab or slas+overhead to the feet will leave the MAA with 1 hp, if one attack hits the torso you’re fine. if you go overhead->stab and both hit you’re fine.

• Not sure if it’s just because I’m a poleaxe user, but I seem to be able to be fine with parrying the stabs.
    But yeah I would be happier if it was more effective against lighter classes, stab is so effective it makes the other attacks almost useless.