ARCHERS GETTING NERFED!

• I would rather have archers as moderate damage support than as some strange alternate sniping/countersniping game mode that takes place in parallel but intermittently spills over into the normal game to devastating effect.

• Global Moderator

@dudeface:

I would rather have archers as moderate damage support than as some strange alternate sniping/countersniping game mode that takes place in parallel but intermittently spills over into the normal game to devastating effect.

But that didn’t happen.

It just made the HCB way more appealing.

And HTK didn’t change for vanguards and MAA lol.

• That’s why we need more dmg nerfs ^___^

• Global Moderator

@dudeface:

That’s why we need more dmg nerfs ^___^

A focus on rewarding gamplay is a better solution. Not making archer less fun to play. That’s bad gameplay decisions.

Slaughter the leg damage. Currently its 0.65. Bring it down to 0.25.

Stamina drain from drawing bows and reloading crossbows. Meaning archers are at a disadvantage when they enter melee combat. Though make it only go down to 15. I don’t want to hear them huffing and puffing all the damn time.

This means archer is still rewarding to play as while still reducing their effectiveness. Rather than nerfing it to oblivion so that no one plays it so it no longer annoys anyone.

• Mod

I just worked a 14 hour day. Here is my input. If archers choose to use heavy crossbow, everyone will votekick them and make the world a better place. Happy days. Fuck archers. Sling or shortbow or go home.

• Global Moderator

@Tyoson:

I just worked a 14 hour day. Here is my input. If archers choose to use heavy crossbow, everyone will votekick them and make the world a better place. Happy days. Fuck archers. Sling or shortbow or go home.

Yes because that worked out so well for you last time.

• I still think my idea of low damage, low ammunition count and better melee capabilities is a better idea for archers. This would make them somewhat of a MAA without dodge, slightly slower movement speed as well obviously. Which would make the game more focused on melee while not making archers completely useless.

• Global Moderator

@Xylvion:

I still think my idea of low damage, low ammunition count and better melee capabilities is a better idea for archers. This would make them somewhat of a MAA without dodge, slightly slower movement speed as well obviously. Which would make the game more focused on melee while not making archers completely useless.

No that’s pretty much what you just did made archers completely useless.

Unless you want to give them MAA primaries and more resistant to damage.

• @lemonater47:

Well they are gonna be more of a pest. Look at the changes. What does that mean. Means archers can no longer kill each other easily. Why the hell bother shooting at other archers any more. Why use broadheads when bodkins have no downsides compared to broadheads. Why use the normal crossbow when its only advantage has now been made useless compared to the HCB.

This is what happens when people don’t think.

No one used broad heads before unless it was lts anyway lol

It’s much easier to take pot shots at defenseless melee then it was to get rid of other archers. Ever since the beggining of chiv bodkins were the preffered go to.

Heavy crossbow is extremely slow in fire rate so I don’t mind it as much, it just needs it’s projectile speeds toned down and the ability to one shot knights removed.

• Global Moderator

Everyone used broadheads.

• it’s kind of funny that archers are still going to be the most powerful class, watch.

anyway, at least it’s something… long overdue for some damage nerfing. Other than the archer vs. archer thing, i mean most arrows are still going to put you within 1 shot of death anyway so while it’s at least some kind of nerf, still going to be very powerful ranged damage.

• Global Moderator

The most powerful class is the one that scoreboard the most. They all top the scoreboard. But archer isn’t up there all that often.

• @lemonater47:

The most powerful class is the one that scoreboard the most. They all top the scoreboard. But archer isn’t up there all that often.

This is shitty qualitative reasoning. Keep spewing ad populum fallacies pls. More bullshit inaccurate logic is needed to balance.

• @Huggles:

This is shitty qualitative reasoning. Keep spewing correlation = causation fallacies pls. More bullshit inaccurate logic is needed to balance.

if archers are the best class how come teams with the most archers usually lose?

• @zombojoe:

if archers are the best class how come teams with the most archers usually lose?

Solid evidence tbh, however on average it usually depends on the game mode and map type. On mid-large scaled lts maps team with a balanced amount of archers slightly larger than the opposing usually win. In TO usually the team with the most archers win.

And in comp lts team with the better archer wins the majority of the time

In comp TO archers on the defense control the tide of battle and decide the majority of engagements by killing and severely injuring several players to the point of 1 htk.

Of course there is no way to prove your statement or mine and these aren’t rational arguments, gameplay wise archers have too much reward for too little risk, and there is very little unique skill needed when dropping out from an average fps into chivalry.

It’s uncounterable unless you play that specific class as well.

Archers fire and reload extremely quickly, with extremely quick projectiles, that hit hard, and that are unblockable.

Either nerf the damage or make it much harder

• every time ive played a pub TO the team that has half their players playing as archers never win

LTS is a joke gamemode

• @zombojoe:

every time ive played a pub TO the team that has half their players playing as archers never win

LTS is a joke gamemode

Every time I’ve played comp TO the team that had the better archer usually won. We used to scrim fauchuer a ton and we usually agreed to do all melee. It was much more fun and enjoyable tbh, and it was cool to see bigs play a different class. The moment we started doing archers though we had at least one killed and 1 injured to the point of death before every engagement. It also forces us to zigzag and break up when avoiding archer fire. Archers totally change the nature of the game and control the tempo of engagements. With very little contest.

No matter what archers will still technically always be OP because it’s basically percent based unavoidable damage no matter what. The best we can do is make it much harder to aim, and uniquely nerf it so that archers have an incentive to not want to fire so quickly or so often. I.E stamina nerfs, removal of crossairs, and weapon sway.

If tbs doesn’t want to do this, then the best we got is damage nerfs. Which I oppose in exchange for what I’ve mentioned, but I’d much rather have damage severely nerfed then it left as it was before.

• This nerf is awesome.

• @Huggles:

Every time I’ve played comp TO the team that had the better archer usually won. We used to scrim fauchuer a ton and we usually agreed to do all melee. It was much more fun and enjoyable tbh, and it was cool to see bigs play a different class. The moment we started doing archers though we had at least one killed and 1 injured to the point of death before every engagement. It also forces us to zigzag and break up when avoiding archer fire. Archers totally change the nature of the game and control the tempo of engagements. With very little contest.

No matter what archers will still technically always be OP because it’s basically percent based unavoidable damage no matter what. The best we can do is make it much harder to aim, and uniquely nerf it so that archers have an incentive to not want to fire so quickly or so often. I.E stamina nerfs, removal of crossairs, and weapon sway.

If tbs doesn’t want to do this, then the best we got is damage nerfs. Which I oppose in exchange for what I’ve mentioned, but I’d much rather have damage severely nerfed then it left as it was before.

faucher has an aimbotter

• @zombojoe:

every time ive played a pub TO the team that has half their players playing as archers never win

Because a lot of people who play archer are shit in melee (The class isn’t shit in melee, the people who never care to learn about melee combat are), so if and when someone actually gets close to them they die like flies. Or if it’s the attacking team most archers sit 50-100 meters away from the objective for no friggen reason.
    That’s like asking why teams lose when 5 people run after 1 enemy for half the map over and over instead of going for the objective.