ARCHERS GETTING NERFED!

• Global Moderator

The most powerful class is the one that scoreboard the most. They all top the scoreboard. But archer isn’t up there all that often.

• @lemonater47:

The most powerful class is the one that scoreboard the most. They all top the scoreboard. But archer isn’t up there all that often.

This is shitty qualitative reasoning. Keep spewing ad populum fallacies pls. More bullshit inaccurate logic is needed to balance.

• @Huggles:

This is shitty qualitative reasoning. Keep spewing correlation = causation fallacies pls. More bullshit inaccurate logic is needed to balance.

if archers are the best class how come teams with the most archers usually lose?

• @zombojoe:

if archers are the best class how come teams with the most archers usually lose?

Solid evidence tbh, however on average it usually depends on the game mode and map type. On mid-large scaled lts maps team with a balanced amount of archers slightly larger than the opposing usually win. In TO usually the team with the most archers win.

And in comp lts team with the better archer wins the majority of the time

In comp TO archers on the defense control the tide of battle and decide the majority of engagements by killing and severely injuring several players to the point of 1 htk.

Of course there is no way to prove your statement or mine and these aren’t rational arguments, gameplay wise archers have too much reward for too little risk, and there is very little unique skill needed when dropping out from an average fps into chivalry.

It’s uncounterable unless you play that specific class as well.

Archers fire and reload extremely quickly, with extremely quick projectiles, that hit hard, and that are unblockable.

Either nerf the damage or make it much harder

• every time ive played a pub TO the team that has half their players playing as archers never win

LTS is a joke gamemode

• @zombojoe:

every time ive played a pub TO the team that has half their players playing as archers never win

LTS is a joke gamemode

Every time I’ve played comp TO the team that had the better archer usually won. We used to scrim fauchuer a ton and we usually agreed to do all melee. It was much more fun and enjoyable tbh, and it was cool to see bigs play a different class. The moment we started doing archers though we had at least one killed and 1 injured to the point of death before every engagement. It also forces us to zigzag and break up when avoiding archer fire. Archers totally change the nature of the game and control the tempo of engagements. With very little contest.

No matter what archers will still technically always be OP because it’s basically percent based unavoidable damage no matter what. The best we can do is make it much harder to aim, and uniquely nerf it so that archers have an incentive to not want to fire so quickly or so often. I.E stamina nerfs, removal of crossairs, and weapon sway.

If tbs doesn’t want to do this, then the best we got is damage nerfs. Which I oppose in exchange for what I’ve mentioned, but I’d much rather have damage severely nerfed then it left as it was before.

• This nerf is awesome.

• @Huggles:

Every time I’ve played comp TO the team that had the better archer usually won. We used to scrim fauchuer a ton and we usually agreed to do all melee. It was much more fun and enjoyable tbh, and it was cool to see bigs play a different class. The moment we started doing archers though we had at least one killed and 1 injured to the point of death before every engagement. It also forces us to zigzag and break up when avoiding archer fire. Archers totally change the nature of the game and control the tempo of engagements. With very little contest.

No matter what archers will still technically always be OP because it’s basically percent based unavoidable damage no matter what. The best we can do is make it much harder to aim, and uniquely nerf it so that archers have an incentive to not want to fire so quickly or so often. I.E stamina nerfs, removal of crossairs, and weapon sway.

If tbs doesn’t want to do this, then the best we got is damage nerfs. Which I oppose in exchange for what I’ve mentioned, but I’d much rather have damage severely nerfed then it left as it was before.

faucher has an aimbotter

• @zombojoe:

every time ive played a pub TO the team that has half their players playing as archers never win

Because a lot of people who play archer are shit in melee (The class isn’t shit in melee, the people who never care to learn about melee combat are), so if and when someone actually gets close to them they die like flies. Or if it’s the attacking team most archers sit 50-100 meters away from the objective for no friggen reason.
    That’s like asking why teams lose when 5 people run after 1 enemy for half the map over and over instead of going for the objective.

• @zombojoe:

faucher has an aimbotter

Come on man you can’t keep retorting paragraphs of arguments with single sentences. You’re not that good.

• @Oy:

Come on man you can’t keep retorting paragraphs of arguments with single sentences. You’re not that good.

i disagree

i could come up with a long rebuttal but it seems unnecessary

• That just sounds lazy. You sayin Huggles has better work ethic? Hue. Huggles for community manager?

loin for official advertisement? Just put in quotes of his during commercials tbh. Where am I going with this?

Crack is whack tbh. Say no to smack, mac.

• if theres one thing ive learned is that well thought-out posts are rare for a reason

• Counter arching, yeah okay, they’re usually on opposite sides of the map unable to even see each other only shooting the poor god fearing melee classes that run through the middle. Also, an archer’s not really going to stay out in the open once they get shot in the torso by the new warbow with broadheads (90 damage right?), they’d cower away to get their health back which gets rid of them temporarily, almost like killing them.

This is shaping up to be a pretty damn good patch, hope it comes out soon. Wonder which group will be weeping over the next patch (maa?).

• Global Moderator

Think of all this from an archers perspective. Counter archer happens a lot. Many only counter other archers. You get kills faster that way. You should know pervert. Every good archer uses broadheads. Lillboots, legacy, OP… broadheads.

Now why the hell bother. Why the hell bother picking broadheads when you can pick bodkins that are now better in every aspect. Why bother shooting at other archers. Shoot into melee. As that is now a far more useful thing to do and its now a better source of kills.

• These Archer complaints amaze me tbh, as usual they make such a fuss about simply being able to kill other classes in
    a cowardly way. It reminds me of a forum member last year called gs on these boards who gs with swearing
    at anyone daring to suggest a nerf. Todays Pub Archer is like the Terminator close up or far away. They actually
    run into knights with just a toothpick knife to spam kill. On the day of release you know they were not this way
    but now its a very op class hence TB is nerfing them and rightly so. Ateotdwaisad the more you complain
    simply reflects how entrenched your cowardly ways are. All the gamer wants is just a level playing field tbh.

• @lemonater47:

Now why the hell bother. Why the hell bother picking broadheads when you can pick bodkins that are now better in every aspect.

If you’re using a shortbow, broadheads will allow you to two hit a Man at Arms without getting a headshot. Shortbow does so little damage anyway so it’s better to take your chances with the lighter classes because you need a lot of hits to kill vanguards and knights anyway.

Slowing projectile speed to less than light speed would have been the better way to go but it’s fine. Weird suggestion but buffing hatchet damage would be nice, it currently does 95 damage to an archers head. Bring it up to 100 and knights and vanguards have got a party.

• As an archer I never bothered counter arching because it was not as productive as firing into melee.

As a melee person I felt like a magnet for arrows despite weaving, ducking, shielding etc.

• @Gentleman:

Counter arching, yeah okay, they’re usually on opposite sides of the map unable to even see each other only shooting the poor god fearing melee classes that run through the middle. Also, an archer’s not really going to stay out in the open once they get shot in the torso by the new warbow with broadheads (90 damage right?), they’d cower away to get their health back which gets rid of them temporarily, almost like killing them.

This is shaping up to be a pretty damn good patch, hope it comes out soon. Wonder which group will be weeping over the next patch (maa?).

not really i fight just as effectively (from range hue) after getting shot with a LCB and surviving, if anything getting shot at by warbow is less threatening than LCB

• Mod

@Gentleman:

Counter arching, yeah okay, they’re usually on opposite sides of the map unable to even see each other only shooting the poor god fearing melee classes that run through the middle. Also, an archer’s not really going to stay out in the open once they get shot in the torso by the new warbow with broadheads (90 damage right?), they’d cower away to get their health back which gets rid of them temporarily, almost like killing them.

It’s good because all the weapons I use just seem to constantly be getting buffed while all the shit I keep telling people is easy mode is getting nerfed like I repeatedly said it would. Happy days. I’m still not paying for any skins but :D