Chivalry, a good game?

• Hello, is Chivalry a good game? Is it fun to play and is it worth 20 € ??? I didnt see no reviews, are there any tests? Are there players online 24h? What about Radeon 5750, can you play the game with that graphics card? Which game is better: CHivalry or War of Roses`?

• Well for a start there lots of reviews on youtube. and to answer, yes its good.

• It´s an amazing game! But you cant compare Chivalry/War otR since they have different mechanics. Both have action, both have tactic but wotr is more (hardcore) tactic since you can hit and parry from 4 sides and chivalry more action (tactical-action - you can hit from 3 sides and parry all with right mouse button). The gaming feels really different, so both game have their right to exist. I have both and actually cant decide wich to play :-) . Many things are just different, not better or worse. So the 20€ for Chivalry are very worth !

• omg this is a difficult decision. Less tactics and more action sounds fine, but war of roses has 64 player support. If I had time to play both games I would, but I already bought a alot of MP Games I only played for 1-2 hours and that sucks. Well Chivalry is cheaper and seems to have more gore in it, despite that I waiti for some good review

• Chivalry also has 64 player support, just not “officially” - a good server can handle 64 players just fine though.

• Yes alot of people play, theres atleast 10 32 player servers full and around 30 of em for 24 players

• @SlyGoat:

Chivalry also has 64 player support, just not “officially” - a good server can handle 64 players just fine though.

So there is a way to rent a 64 player Server? I thought the game performance wouldn´t handle this (because if it would, torn banner would marketing with that), but the 32 player servers runs very well. However, wotr supports official 64 player servers, but I didnt see any…

• @Svarg:

@SlyGoat:

Chivalry also has 64 player support, just not “officially” - a good server can handle 64 players just fine though.

So there is a way to rent a 64 player Server? I thought the game performance wouldn´t handle this (because if it would, torn banner would marketing with that), but the 32 player servers runs very well. However, wotr supports official 64 player servers, but I didnt see any…

There was a 64 player test server during the beta - I get about 60-70 ping on the other official USEast servers, and got 80-90 on the 64 player server at full capacity which I believe was in the same location - so it’s definitely a lot more demanding, but it’s very much playable. Increasing server speed to 120% caused some peoples’ routers to flood and disconnect them at one point that I was on the server to observe, and Tibbs speculated that a 64 player server running at 90% speed would run very well (pings dropped significantly at 90%) without making a huge difference to gameplay. So I can’t say if 64 players will ever be “officially” supported down the line with improvements to net code and whatnot - but I can say as it is right now they’re very possible and seem stable.

Basically as a game developer you should never state something about your game that might end up being untrue - such as that it can run 64 players with perfect stability. There wasn’t enough testing of 64 player servers for them to say it with certainty, as much as it might’ve drawn more people to buy the game; you’ve gotta respect them for that.

• Of course I respect them for that, after I watched the dev FAQ video where he argued the 32 players with stable servers. I think with time there will be more officially players, like you said. Hey, the game is just released and the most important test ist running yet with the release.

• I just bought Chivalry. 1st Person perspective, the brutality and the review from TB convinced me. Downloading at the moment, I hope I will not be disappointed :)

• I just played a few matches and I think it’s a great game and I do not regret that I bought it. BUT: Everyone should be warned, the system reqs are pretty high.

My Phenom II x3 with Radeon HD 5750 is old and slow but I expect the game to run atleast on medium, when other Games with Unreal Engine run good on high. But now I have to turn nearly everything on low and the game looks like shit then. Well it’s time for a new pc anyway.