Unreal 3 map makers.

• Global Moderator

So I was wondering if there are any chivalry map makers out there who want a different slightly different project to work. To expand your portfolios and experience a bit.

I’m part of the mod team behind the Heroes of the west mod for red orchestra 2. And we need maps.

Its not too different than chivalry. There’s a lot less kismet work involved. However there’s class setups and extra map info that chiv doesn’t have. As well as there being a cover system you have to set up. But its all well documented. One of the most annoying differences is that maps need to be completely centred and all objects that players can stand on can’t be tilted in anyway. Otherwise bullets don’t go straight.

Of course you will need to own red orchestra 2 and have the RO2 SDK installed.

Well also need 3D artists and animators. I’m just a texture artist and the recruiter for the voice actors.

You might call this advertising. But I’ve seen the maps for this game. They are amazing. And I was just wondering if any of the map makers wanted to get a bit more experience with another project in a slightly different game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=319269696&searchtext= Mod
    http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Red_Orchestra_2_(modding) level design wiki.

• @lemonater47:

all objects that players can stand on can’t be tilted in anyway. Otherwise bullets don’t go straight.

lol what? how does that even work.

• Global Moderator

@dudeface:

lol what? how does that even work.

No damn clue lol. It might only be for custom assets. We took over the creation of a half done Omaha beach map, We made a simple bunker (pretty much a copy of the one from MOH:AA). When it was tilted and you were in it firing the bullets were to the side or above the iron sights depending on how it was tilted. Weird as.

• Right on, RO2 is a kickass game, one of the best shooters out there by an awesome dev team. I’m just a humble source map maker unfortunately, but good luck with the mod. Hope to see something for KF2 as well.

• Global Moderator

We know tripwire said they might do something between two factions. But TWI is a slow developer and they are currently working on KF2 so we know that ain’t gonna happen any time soon.

• I might be interested after this chivalry fantasty contest is over.

I was thinking of making RO2 maps after that anyway.

• Global Moderator

Well that would be very helpful. The mod is essentially stuck without maps lol. We’ve got two new Americans skins and one new German skin and pretty much all the code work done. We even have voice actors lined up. Just no maps to play it on.

• It will be interesting making RO2 maps.

I’ve always wanted to make one of those beach landing maps.

• Global Moderator

You could do Omaha lol.

Would be the most unbalanced map ever.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.