Spawn Times and Health Regeneration.

• So as we all know spawn times are just inconsistent in this game right now and should really be looked at, from a competitive standpoint and even a public game standpoint team objective is really annoying with the current times. If you haven’t noticed by now, the first player who dies gets a set spawn time of 9 seconds, however if anyone or even if the whole team dies within that 9 seconds, everyone spawns together, essentially the last player can have a 1 second respawn, thats my issue. I think the game would be better with a standard 9 second spawn time for each individual player. I would like to see this implemented in the official tournament mode if it doesn’t make the cut for public play. It just makes no sense how you kill a whole team and start your way towards the king on stoneshill and the whole team spawns instantly because someone died 8 seconds before the whole team was killed. Then the whole team is full health ready to defend the king together while the attackers just have no hope. Darkforest C is even worse, kill the whole team and they just spawn fast enough to jump down on top and kill whatever attackers are left. Inconsistency kills games.

Health regeneration has been so bad for so long, it really doesn’t make sense, if it’s universal then it should be alright? to regenerate in the first place you have to be OUT of combat without the ability to sprint to regenerate. Why should anyone wait 40 seconds to regenerate after being shot by a light crossbow and fire potted? If you increased regeneration rate to where you regenerate faster the longer you are regenerating it will give the knight and vanguard their much needed buffs, and it would be a pretty good nerf to maa and archers (which are cancers of the game call me biased or whatever knight/vanguard meta is the best meta and this game is better that way in my opinion) discuss.

• Invididual spawns are dreadful, if that is what you meant.
    It will just kill any form of teamplay left in public servers.

And as for the “and the whole team spawns instantly because someone died 8 seconds ago”-logic, I think it’s not determined like that.
    If the first guy to die dies, his respawn time isn’t always 9 seconds, right? It just depends on the time on which he dies.
    Could be that I have this all wrong.

• I think the spawn times should be left as they are for pubs, but definitely need to rethink them for competitive play. Don’t ruin pubs just because of competitive play, and vice versa. Make the spawn times separate.

Yes, health regeneration needs to be faster over time. Not as fast as DW, however. But that doesn’t mean archers and MaAs shouldn’t be nerfed also.

• exploiting spawn times is how you win in comp TO

needs to go for tournament mode tbh

hp regen should accelerate over time, so it starts out slowly like it is now but after a few seconds you start to get way more hp/s

that or add a god damn medic class

• @zombojoe:

that or add a god damn medic class

In AoC there were these tables with bandages and herbs, it was pretty cool - Fast healing when using/standing close to it.

Why not implement that?

• @Vesanus:

In AoC there were these tables with bandages and herbs, it was pretty cool - Fast healing when using/standing close to it.

Why not implement that?

that could be done through kismet now that I think about it

• @zombojoe:

that could be done through kismet now that I think about it

Yep, no problemo, just like the fountain on duelyard.

But with like additional (to normal regen) 5-10hp per second/use or something.

• After seeing some good opinions I can still say I would totally be fine with keeping spawn times as is in public play, there really isn’t a dire need to where it’s gamebreaking in casual play, Like I said before and a few others already, it should be implemented in tournament mode for sure.

The herb table sounds alright to me but I would still rather an exponential increase in health while regenerating.

• If its done through kismet we wont need to wait for TBS

we can just make our own comp maps

• Why not just make ammo crates replenish health too? 20 second or so cooldown timer to stop abuse and it’s good to go.

As for spawns, Stoneshill is a broken map, Agatha should never spawn up top near the king in the first place, but they do anyway. Spawning in waves is better imo. as long as they actually spawn in the actual proper spawn area.

• @jrmftw:

Why not just make ammo crates replenish health too? 20 second or so cooldown timer to stop abuse and it’s good to go.

So much potential for abuse here, and would change the game in a very non-healthy way. Just make health regeneration faster over time.

• Defenders should have longer respawn times. Make them put some effort into it.

• For a long time I’ve wanted battle cries to heal you, it makes you vulnerable so you can’t do it in combat and it’ll be cool. If you’re really ballsy and your opponents aren’t smart it might be possible to doing it during a fight like using estus in Dark Souls. Faster health regen would be great but battle cries to heal would feel cooler.

• pirate taunt was one of the few good things about DW

• When I was newb I used to think battle-crying healed you slightly; I’d battlecry then switch weps to cancel the animation for rapid-battlecrys… It should totally be a thing imo.

• I really would like to see them implement the old system where you would stop sprinting and start walking and that would trigger regeneration, I dont understand why we have to wait 10-15 seconds out of combat to just start regenerating, with that added back and higher regeneration rate for every class it would just be a much more smooth game

• @Noobstomper:

I really would like to see them implement the old system where you would stop sprinting and start walking and that would trigger regeneration, I dont understand why we have to wait 10-15 seconds out of combat to just start regenerating, with that added back and higher regeneration rate for every class it would just be a much more smooth game

that made for really good duels

• I got it! You regen faster if you unequip weapon, stare at the floor, then rapidly press and release crouch button while singing “all about that bass”.