Right now this process needs to keep happening.

• Mod

Finally, TB is again listening to the playerbase about what we feel is broken and unbalanced and we are getting work done. This process needs to be the norm not the exception. I believe that we all have to start beta testing more and I believe that this process of listening to the players and coming out with several beta’s and revisions is important.

We can all help make this game better but we have to communicate more.

• They listened to the community last June and the game almost died. We’re trusting them to know their own game which they barely play better than 2000 hour e-comp players. The Messer change was nice, the broadsword change is great, but the archer nerf is going in the wrong direction. It’s not flat damage that should be lowered but projectile damage vs non-archers or legshot damage. The dodge-through-flinch fix is also awesome though. Fucking MaA.

• Thing is they really didn’t listen to us last june, no one wanted the bubble, CFtP gone, other random crap like increased knockback.

• @Oy:

They listened to the community last June and the game almost died. We’re trusting them to know their own game which they barely play better than 2000 hour e-comp players. The Messer change was nice, the broadsword change is great, but the archer nerf is going in the wrong direction. It’s not flat damage that should be lowered but projectile damage vs non-archers or legshot damage. The dodge-through-flinch fix is also awesome though. Fucking MaA.

Agree. Also need to bring back arrow flinch.

• @Xylvion:

Thing is they really didn’t listen to us last june, no one wanted the bubble, CFtP gone, other random crap like increased knockback.

not true, TBS employees wanted dat for big steam sales

• maybe they could just make 3 new damage types, 2 for bodkin and broadhead, and 1 for bolts. This way they can be balanced to be strong vs archer armor and weak vs everything else.

yiss

too hard

• @50ShadesofClay:

maybe they could just make 3 new damage types, 2 for bodkin and broadhead, and 1 for bolts. This way they can be balanced to be strong vs archer armor and weak vs everything else.

yiss

too hard

But that requires like. . . 3 new lines in their code that’s crazy clay.

• They listened to the wrong audience, but to be fair a lot of people including me wanted combo feint to parry to be gone. Then I realized how much better it made the game and how awful recovery parry was.

But I agree. Balance is a constant struggle and will always need to be iterated upon as people discover new things. I would rather a constant shifting in competitive meta due to often balance and mechanic changes that make the game actually better than being stuck with a terrible state of the game and watching as the competitive scene degrades until no one plays any more.

• ^Well to be fair, the old CFtP was OP and there was a way to bind it so you wouldn’t lose any stamina at all for performing it. This new one is good, but drains way too much stamina, but that’s because of parry negotiation.

• I think the new one is too slow and drains too much stamina.

• @SOC:

I think the new one is too slow and drains too much stamina.

I think the feint should only drain stamina if you don’t parry. It would make fighting multiple people depend on skill and not stamina, without changing how the mechanic itself works.

• @Fang:

I think the feint should only drain stamina if you don’t parry. It would make fighting multiple people depend on skill and not stamina, without changing how the mechanic itself works.

Or just increase parry negotiation by about 3-5 on every weapon while lowering the minimum stamina drain to 5 from 7. Also lowering stamina drain from charge attacks to 25 from 35 and to 20 for one handers. This would cause most parries to cost between ‘5<->15 + charge’ stamina instead of ‘7<->28 + charge’ stamina. Obviously the daggers could still have lower parry negotiation, but perhaps higher than what it is now.

• @Xylvion:

Or just increase parry negotiation by about 3-5 on every weapon while lowering the minimum stamina drain to 5 from 7. Also lowering stamina drain from charge attacks to 25 from 35 and to 20 for one handers. This would cause most parries to cost between ‘5<->15 + charge’ stamina instead of ‘7<->28 + charge’ stamina. Obviously the daggers could still have lower parry negotiation, but perhaps higher than what it is now.

You’re right. Since this game is supposed to be balanced around team fights, lower stamina drain overall would make everything a lot more interesting.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.