RIP MAA long life the the new MAA = ARCHER with shortsword

• Since appearently the class that no one picked was so OP with it’s only viable weapon.
    The Developers thought to themselfs lets not have a viable weapon at all.
    You could have brought the 1 Handers not named Broadsword in line with the game.
    But no you nerfed the entire class and i am not speaking about the flinch bugfix.

There is no reason to not play Archer instead of MAA since they field the best weapon that MAA can pick the short sword. The have the same 1 Hit armor especially with the new messer and the not nerfred heavy cross/javelins

• Double Axe oneshots Archers with both an Overhead to the torso or a Horizontal to the head. It only oneshots Men at Arms with an Overhead to the head.

There you go. Most important difference imaginable.

• are you mocking me? Using a Double Axe justivication….

• Not really. The thing is for me that Men at Arms have always been exceptions to Chivalry’s gameplay, relying on mechanics that allow the user to regain initiative constantly.

And if an entire class is affected just because 1 weapon is nerfed, then there’s something wrong. In this case it’d be the Broadsword outshining other MAA primaries. It deserved the small tweak it received. Norse Sword is once again a faster alternative for weaker damage.
    Morning Star and Dane Axe are still onehanders with great draggability and damage. The other axes are still effective for getting around a parry/shield.
    Flanged Mace is still really strong against Knights and most importantly for you; Quarterstaff isn’t changed and as such remains to be a hard to read weapon with great combo ability.

• @TheFunnySide:

Since appearently the class that no one picked was so OP with it’s only viable weapon.
    You could have brought the 1 Handers not named Broadsword in line with the game.
    But no you nerfed the entire class and i am not speaking about the flinch bugfix.

There is no reason to not play Archer instead of MAA since they field the best weapon that MAA can pick the short sword. The have the same 1 Hit armor especially with the new messer and the not nerfred heavy cross/javelins

Such poor understanding of the state of the game. My team’s bests player has been and will continue to be a Flanged Mace wielding MAA. Go practice, then come back to the forums regarding the matter of MAA being useless without that BS weapon.

• @ChuckingIt:

Such poor understanding of the state of the game. My team’s bests player has been and will continue to be a Flanged Mace wielding MAA. Go practice, then come back to the forums regarding the matter of MAA being useless without that BS weapon.

WOW the flanged MACE hit trade build how could we forget it. Take a shield remove your flinch , kill knights with 2 hits much skill

• @TheFunnySide:

WOW the flanged MACE hit trade build how could we forget it. Take a shield remove your flinch , kill knights with 2 hits much skill

I will save this quote for when I need a good laugh. Go try and “hit trade” chris, and tell me how that goes( and he never uses shield, or dodges out of flinch… Ever!). :highly_amused:

• MS and war axe maas are awesome.

Yes I’ve said it.
    War axe MAA.

• ITT people who don’t understand how to play MaA and how OP they still are. Just switch to Norse. You’ll barely notice a difference.

• @SOC:

ITT people who don’t understand how to play MaA and how OP they still are. Just switch to Norse. You’ll barely notice a difference.

ITT people who try to make excusses for the lack of MAA that do well in comp.
    There are like less than 7 people that play MAA on a level to keep up with the shit other classes can do

• @TheFunnySide:

ITT people who try to make excusses for the lack of MAA that do well in comp.
    There are like less than 7 people that play MAA on a level to keep up with the shit other classes can do

this is the most insanely idiotic thing I’ve ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent statement did you even come close to making anything resembling a point. We are all dumber having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

You lose. Good day sir.

• @TheFunnySide:

… Because other good players felt dirty when playing ez mode maa, so they changed their main class.

j/k, I personally don’t hate maas or their “balance”, just not a fan of the dodge mechanic. :-)

• Funnyside, you won’t win this forum fight. Too many knights/vanguards/archers on the forums. And you think 7? Try 3-4 ;)

And chuck, I love you, but stop stroking chris already… you’ve already finished him several times lol

• @Vesanus:

… Because other good players felt dirty when playing ez mode maa, so they changed their main class.

Yeah this is exactly why we see so many people with Cutgel vanguard instead of the Greatsword ……right

• If cudgel would be able to two shot archers to the head with overheads and 3shot knights with slashes to the head again I’d use it, now it’s just useless compared to the sabre and shortsword. ie overhead damage from 45->50, slash damage from 40->45.
    MAA is not OP or unbalanced, DODGE is.

• @Mystikkal:

Funnyside, you won’t win this forum fight. Too many knights/vanguards/archers on the forums. And you think 7? Try 3-4 ;)

And chuck, I love you, but stop stroking chris already… you’ve already finished him several times lol

Jokes on you, I’m a pro spectator. Wait till you see my sick camera angles before you start crying about balance.

MAA is well balanced if you unbind dodge. If the bubble was reduced I would argue MAA wouldn’t even need dodge at all.

• Mod

@Oy:

this is the most insanely idiotic thing I’ve ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent statement did you even come close to making anything resembling a point. We are all dumber having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

You lose. Good day sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaoySOGlZ_U

This forum really is only knights and vanguards a.k.a. ‘the true players’ and the only ones allowed input on the game.

• the only people allowed input on the game are the honorable members of the balance council

• @Xylvion:

MAA is not OP or unbalanced, DODGE is.

True words.

• @TheFunnySide:

Since appearently the class that no one picked was so OP with it’s only viable weapon.

Stop trolling, you’re a bad player if you think maa is nerfed into the ground just because broadsword got nerfed and an exploit was fixed. It’s still good, and the norse is good as well.

maa was never OP, dodge out of flinch and dodge attack out of flinch are just bullshit. Broadsword may have been a little bit statistically OP as well but it just got the slightest speed nerf. It’s hardly even noticeable.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.