[Broadsword]Now it feels unbalanced and slow then too fast in ripostes.

• Mod

The weapon feels really heavy now but now the riposte times are all off. So you get this long weapon that swings slowly and doesn’t do much damage and the only time its fast now is during parry ripostes and dis-proportionally so. I think something needs to be done about the release time then but I’m not sure. The windup time increase makes it so the stabs and overheads are much more visible which is good though I can’t speak on feint timings (though I think they’re universal) but they seem the same.

I’m just unsure of the release time now, the weapon feels like it wants to drag but doesn’t release long enough.

Death to dodge out of flinch into attack! The timings work well now and the flinch timer is enforced before you can attack. Good work!

• Same with the knives.
    I still think the changes are good and actually makes norse viable again, perhaps the windup increases are a bit too harsh. For example Norse stab windup could go from 0.45->0.425 and broad stab windup could go from 0.45->0.475. Or they could lover broads stab damage by 5 making norse deal more damage with the stab. The overhead windup change is good though and makes falchion more viable (hopefully, if knockback on every weapon is reverted to pre-june patch I betcha shorter weps will be useful again).

• @Xylvion:

if knockback on every weapon is reverted to pre-june patch I betcha shorter weps will be useful again.

I’m really hoping we get something similar to this. The mini-messer is my favourite secondary, it’s just a shame it’s utterly crap at the moment. Reduced knockback and switching the OH or slash to chop would be soooo good.

On topic though, I wouldn’t mind playing around with some different BS timers. Reducing the windup and increasing the release instead could make the twitchy ripostes a bit nicer to deal with, whilst giving it a bit more control on stab/OH drags as compensation. Only issue is that it would push the norse out of fashion again, so it’s a bit of a double edged sword (no pun intended) in terms of balance and weapon variance.

• I believe the riposte timer is a different value from the windup though, they’re not related afaik.

• norse is already well viable and better then BS right now

shorter stab recovery for faster vg,archer,maa instantgibs >>>> a bit more range, not to mention more reliable 2shot on maas

norse swing is also fantastic to force hittrades on maas

just cause noone plays with it doesnt mean its not viable, i use it all the time

• Whenever I see a post from this guy, I already assume it’s going to be garbage. I wasn’t disappointed.

• I think you’re thinking about Loin and not this Beef loin.

• @Xylvion:

I think you’re thinking about Loin and not this Beef loin.

No, I’m pretty sure it’s this guy that said “make dodge cost 50% stamina”.

• Mod

@Fafnir:

No, I’m pretty sure it’s this guy that said “make dodge cost 50% stamina”.

What’s your perfect, solve all solution to dodge in chivalry that nobody will argue with and everyone will agree with? Fuck off with your assumptions.

• There should be a special short-windup mechanic when performing a riposte.

• @Sir:

What’s your perfect, solve all solution to dodge in chivalry that nobody will argue with and everyone will agree with? Fuck off with your assumptions.

If you don’t know a class, you don’t try to solve its problems, because you’ll sound ridiculous. As simple as that. It’s like Republicans trying to fix the issues they find with the Democrats’ last mandate, it’s obvious that they’ll put things following THEIR view of the things.

As a maa I don’t go around telling what they should change of knight. Even tho I COULD do that. And trust me, it’s about time that they nerf the strongest class in the game.

• @Fafnir:

If you don’t know a class, you don’t try to solve its problems, because you’ll sound ridiculous. As simple as that. It’s like Republicans trying to fix the issues they find with the Democrats’ last mandate, it’s obvious that they’ll put things following THEIR view of the things.

As a maa I don’t go around telling what they should change of knight. Even tho I COULD do that. And trust me, it’s about time that they nerf the strongest class in the game.

You realize Loin mains MAA, right?

• also, people can be familiar with more than one class and have suggestions to balance them effectively mr. fafnir. many of the people on the forums have played for thousands of hours and understand how all the classes and weapons work. I think broadsword is gud now, i can actually parry ripostes now. I think i’ve seen a good number of maa switching to norse now, I’ve tried it and it works but dat range isn’t as good as the broadsword so expect to miss more often than when using broad. All the other maa weapons remained the same so it might just be more worthwhile grabbing something like the morningstar, still has ridic stab potential and way more range.

• Mod

@Mystikkal:

You realize Loin mains MAA, right?

I’ve played pretty much no other class.

@50ShadesofClay:

also, people can be familiar with more than one class and have suggestions to balance them effectively mr. fafnir. many of the people on the forums have played for thousands of hours and understand how all the classes and weapons work. I think broadsword is gud now, i can actually parry ripostes now. I think i’ve seen a good number of maa switching to norse now, I’ve tried it and it works but dat range isn’t as good as the broadsword so expect to miss more often than when using broad. All the other maa weapons remained the same so it might just be more worthwhile grabbing something like the morningstar, still has ridic stab potential and way more range.

I just think it’s weird that the windup got increased but not the release. If it works how I think it does a riposte is based on the release time since it skips windup. Therefore shouldn’t the bs also have its release increased a tiny bit?

• I used Norse sword predominately prior to this patch and others. That speed was great, so what if it took an extra hit to kill. It was a bit crap vsing maa broadsword tho.

Now everyone is using my baby and it feels like I’m using a whore when I pull it out. Maybe i’ll have to use the falchion now.

• I fought a MaA with a norse sword using a broad sword, I lost every time. Then I changed to the norse and started winning.

Maybe the broad was better than the other maa weapons IDK, but so was the norse. And now the norse is the best MaA weapon by far.

• Mod

The broadsword is dead now. RIP. It’s truly saddening since now there’s really no good weapons for maa. The reason everyone used the bs was because there was really nothing better.

Norse is faster but its reach kills it
    Falcion does the damage but it’s just way too slow
    Fmace is decent but ehhh, makes you weak to other maa
    Morning star is iffy, it’s the same size as the bs but it’s slower and it doesn’t have that stab
    HWS is still good but it’s always been too short imo
    Hatchet is too weak
    Waraxe is REALLY powerful but is just way too slow and only the overhead is worth using
    Dane is ok but very slow
    Qstaff lol

So now what? Thank you crybaby knights.

• If Fmace makes you weak against other MAAs and every MAA weapon is crap doesn’t that mean that Fmace is good?
    Anyhow. Try Morningstar, Dane Axe Qstaff, Falchion, Broadsword (which is still good, you just hae to get used to it). One weapon got nerfed, it’s not the end of the world, learn to use another one.

• @Sir:

So now what? Thank you crybaby knights.

Now you rebind your slash and overhead buttons and use other weapons.

• Can you imagine if the forum cryhards had to fight maa at release, you know the one that could 2 shot knights with norse sword… MAA is so fucking neutered now it’s ridiculous. Broadsword is dead…nobody will use it…nobody. Funny thing is, these cryhards are gonna regret it because the new norse MAA army are gonna make them cryhard even moar.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.