Settle this

• both teams get to final objective in TO match.

One team progresses through the previous objectives faster.

They also get farther in the final objective.

We’re talking darkforest TO, destroyed the door more.

Neither team completed, but one got farther and got there faster.

Who wins? Or is it tie?

Not a REAL scenario or anything that went on last night between an inter-clan game… just totally hypothetical ;)

• my brain hurts

let me get this right

so one team got to the last objective faster

but another got more of the objective completed?

which ever team got more of the objective completed should be the winner tbh, even if they took longer to get to that stage

if there is an objective which has no “progress” it goes by the last objective’s time, like with king objectives or when both teams get the same exact amount of progress

its like the cart progress on the 2nd objective of DF, you dont care who took longer on the 1st objective, if both teams DNF on the 2nd obj it goes by progress on the obj

• @zombojoe:

my brain hurts

let me get this right

so one team got to the last objective faster

but another got more of the objective completed?

which ever team got more of the objective completed should be the winner tbh, even if they took longer to get to that stage

if there is an objective which has no “progress” it goes by the last objective’s time, like with king objectives or when both teams get the same exact amount of progress

its like the cart progress on the 2nd objective of DF, you dont care who took longer on the 1st objective, if both teams DNF on the 2nd obj it goes by progress on the obj

Correcto Mundo

Sleuths gate example:

Team A reaches gates with 6 minutes left. But DNF’s.
    Team B reaches gates with 7 minutes left. Then they auto win, since they reached the furthest point team A reached but quicker.

• @50ShadesofClay:

Neither team completed, but one got farther and got there faster.

Who wins? Or is it tie?

Not a REAL scenario or anything that went on last night between an inter-clan game… just totally hypothetical ;)

Clay, pretty sure you know the answer to this so I’m guessing someone was disagreeing with you. I’ve been around Chiv rules and written quite a few of them. The standard has always been progression first. If both teams have equal progression, then we start looking at times.

• Yeah all depends on what the rules are for that match.

• @gregcau:

Yeah all depends on what the rules are for that match.

Well, the rules aren’t exactly official, but they have always been the same for any comp match. The only time anything has come into conflict was the 10v10 on Coldfront, since it is hard to tell what counts as “progress” on the last objective. Of course, the emphasis of progress was the same.

• well MY team got further on the objective AND we did it faster… so i guess we won and didn’t tie.

GG SUFAX lolz

was in house scrim we did 2 nights ago.

• Yeah we’ve had thoughts on it too. Personally I feel on that stage it should only go by “Caves broken into”, as in if you break into and murder the family that’s 1/3. With 3 different progression bars going by how far the door is broken can lead to alot of dispute. If both teams have 2/3 doors completed, I feel it should go to last objectives time.

• @AmishInsurgent:

Yeah we’ve had thoughts on it too. Personally I feel on that stage it should only go by “Caves broken into”, as in if you break into and murder the family that’s 1/3. With 3 different progression bars going by how far the door is broken can lead to alot of dispute. If both teams have 2/3 doors completed, I feel it should go to last objectives time.

It does. If two teams do the same progress on the last objective(But DNF), then it goes to the previous objectives time. If it is the same progress but FINISHING the last objective, then its the time of the last objective.