Why I quit this game -

• sick reverse overheads m8

• i was like lvl 30 at the time

• Because we don’t have those sexy sword animations anymore?

• For some reason i haven’t quit yet…this game is like crack to me.

what are you playing now? or what are you going to play in the future?

• I can do all those reverse moves but on pubs don’t. Don’t quit because of them give them a swift kick and try not to
    chase a toon looking player to finish him off as they always try to pull that one off after the other tricks fail. Also
    once they run off sometimes I finish them off with a throwing axe.

• Ya know, I kinda pride myself on the fact that I’m a higher rank player who can consistently beat people in fights, but doesn’t use any of those tactics to do it. And respect those who are the same way. Not to say I’m gonna hate on anyone who does fight like that though. Though it can be frustrating at times…

• I can’t blame you Jimmy.

• because you miss b0ckswings?

• Mod

Because you could only play well with a sword designed to be difficult if you were below the age of 4 years old?

• Judging by the video I’m assuming you’re quitting because it shouldn’t be so “easy” to take someone out with those kinds of moves?

I don’t consider spinning, running, dancing, reverse overhead type stuff to be cheap or somehow unfair as some do. That kind of stuff isn’t easy to do accurately, and comes with a risk. It’s just another play style that takes time and effort to be able to perform effectively. When players start to get all crazy like that I just open the distance, wait, and look for an opening. Also, the guy you were fighting didn’t appear to be very experienced, at least in dealing with your approach.

• Those were definitely fun times man, when people barely knew about the real potential in drags.

I don’t consider myself much of a complainer since my own playstyle involves a lot of retarded 180 swings all the same, but I do often wish that the community never explored “drags” to the maximum. Adding on top of that how feinting is still taboo in most servers, the game has become too spin2win-ish for me. (coming from a guy who mains Dubaxe just for its reverse OH’s)

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t consider any of those moves exploits or unfair, but…
    I don’t find it very fun fighting a guy that constantly forces me to distinguish accellerations from deaccellerations by hitting me with Messer swings on either the first frame of his animation or the last.

• @Rickvs:

Those were definitely fun times man, when people barely knew about the real potential in drags.

I don’t consider myself much of a complainer since my own playstyle involves a lot of retarded 180 swings all the same, but I do often wish that the community never explored “drags” to the maximum. Adding on top of that how feinting is still taboo in most servers, the game has become too spin2win-ish for me. (coming from a guy who mains Dubaxe just for its reverse OH’s)

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t consider any of those moves exploits or unfair, but…
    I don’t find it very fun fighting a guy that constantly forces me to distinguish accellerations from deaccellerations by hitting me with Messer swings on either the first frame of his animation or the last.

I agree with you there. The game at times can feel like a chore when players get extreme with it. Jimmy didn’t seem to be over doing it in the video IMO.

• Well tbh I just played on a 24 slot ffa after a few weeks of rust, coming in 3rd place ( official 24).
    Lots of Ranked players and tricks but I still came in the top 3 with no additive combat.
    If you play even if part time skills come through. Sometimes the best improvement can
    be a week off.

• @lejosh:

Judging by the video I’m assuming you’re quitting because it shouldn’t be so “easy” to take someone out with those kinds of moves?

I don’t consider spinning, running, dancing, reverse overhead type stuff to be cheap or somehow unfair as some do. That kind of stuff isn’t easy to do accurately, and comes with a risk. It’s just another play style that takes time and effort to be able to perform effectively. When players start to get all crazy like that I just open the distance, wait, and look for an opening. Also, the guy you were fighting didn’t appear to be very experienced, at least in dealing with your approach.

They’re unbelievably easy to perform.

• @parkrangerstan:

They’re unbelievably easy to perform.

For you. Like I said it’s another play style that takes time and effort to be able to perform effectively. Maybe you picked up on it quickly, and that’s cool. We don’t all catch on so fast.

• @lejosh:

For you. Like I said it’s another play style that takes time and effort to be able to perform effectively. Maybe you picked up on it quickly, and that’s cool. We don’t all catch on so fast.

People quit because of crap like this, that’s all that matters. It’s easy to perform, and sadly they’re effective when you know what you’re doing. It’s a free hit or hit trade against top players and requires 0 effort…

• I only complain when people come onto the noob servers and do that.

• @Rickvs:

Those were definitely fun times man, when people barely knew about the real potential in drags.

pretty sure jimmy was a post june 2013 player tho

• @50ShadesofClay:

pretty sure jimmy was a post june 2013 player tho

ya worst time for chivalry

god it was so bad remember panic parry brandi stronk??

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.