No respawn bug

• Come on, seen this so many times, over and over again - it destroys the server and the game.

TDM, TO, you name it, it comes up maybe on average 1 in 12 games.

TBS only introduced it a little while ago, so…. check your code for respawning and fix it.

Not that any developer has ever asked details, so I guess they do not give a shit about it sigh.

• Mod

while I agree wholeheartedly, this bug wasn’t introduced a little while ago… it’s been around well over a year :(

I believe the devs do know of it though. One of the causes for it was patched but it still occurs from time to time

• Global Moderator

Just because they do not ask does not mean you do not give.

• I used to get this bug constantly but so far I haven’t experienced it since the UI patch.
    I thought it was completely gone from the game and was happy about it…

• just had this happen three times in a row

• @dog123ish:

just had this happen three times in a row

Yup, pings kept spiking, had to keep voting new maps.

• Wait, do you mean that bug where absolutely nobody respawns? That not even admins can login?

Or when you alone don’t spawn after a few rounds? Like it used to happen many patches back?

If it’s the first issue, I got that behavior on my server when the dedicated server process was not responding.

• @Alphonse:

Wait, do you mean that bug where absolutely nobody respawns? That not even admins can login?

Or when you alone don’t spawn after a few rounds? Like it used to happen many patches back?

If it’s the first issue, I got that behavior on my server when the dedicated server process was not responding.

The first one.

@lemonater47:

Just because they do not ask does not mean you do not give.

Useless post as usual

• Mod

Typically the bug where everyone’s pings shoot up to 200ms-ish shortly followed by no-one on the Agatha team being able to spawn. If the server doesn’t empty (which 99% of the time it does, since Agatha can’t spawn) within a couple of minutes the server crashes. From the logs, nothing of interest when it happens.

If an admin is logged in they can usually adminchangemap, adminrestart, aoc_endgame or similar. Likewise the server still accepts remote RCON to change the level.

Since my clan runs mostly TO servers, it seems to be more frequent on battleground and stoneshill but from speaking to other people can happen in other modes/maps.

• Global Moderator

It happens all the time on my server, AOC_endgame, changes to the next map in your rotation and you dont lose players.

BUT…. this server is my 10th server with chivalry from 6 different hosts, and its only recently started that i have noticed.

• Global Moderator

Never seen it happen on my servers but doesn’t mean it doesn’t.

After the patch played on an official server and it happened twice in a row.

• @lemonater47:

Never seen it happen on my servers but doesn’t mean it doesn’t.

I saw it, until the auto ping kicker did it’s job and kicked everyone :P

• Global Moderator

@LongSun:

I saw it, until the auto ping kicker did it’s job and kicked everyone :P

Yeah lol that would happen. I’ve seen it do it before when Australia’s Internet went to shite in New South Wales and Victoria for a couple of hours and all servers not just GON ones. Problem was our servers are the only ones with ping kickers.

The ping kicker means people’s screens don’t get flooded with vote kick screens and you don’t have the problem of there being 5+ 200 ping players on. And you don’t get the arguments that sometimes arose when you get and votekick someone with high ping.

• Mod

Additionally the pingkicker seems to add bans as banid’s so they’re difficult to manually remove with config edit/restart

• This issues really needs to be looked at quickly, it seems to be happening for frequently. Voting in a new map for the most part will fix it but not always, and if you don’t vote then pings slowly rise until the server crashes.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.