Stamnia Consideration for 1v1 Shield - Developers Please view

• Please reduce the stamina reduction for shield blocks.

• Please remove/reduce stamina drain on kicks.

• Please reduce stamina drain of the maul.

This weapon in the hands of top guys ( I don’t mean in my opinion top guys - I mean the genuine articles) beats out shield users by default. This weapon in combination with only one of the following techniques will beat a shield user effortlessly. 1:cftp - 2:kick cycling - 3:good footwork - 4:Reading 1 feint.

Only one of the above is required to beat shield but all 4 combined is frustratingly broken and need some serious consideration.

I am gonna get really long winded here but I feel I do have to try and explain why the shield requires less stamina drain because if u genuinely understood it, then it wouldn’t be an issue. So ima try my best here.

Average guy:

• A 2h weapon has the reach advantage on a shield user so 9 outta 10 times the 2h will be the first to attack in the fight causing u one hit drain to ur stamina. Shield users must feint to land hits - There is no effective dragging or spinning techniques with a shield - Before anyone argues here - good luck facing a high end guy with a shield and not feinting - Don’t waste time debating this. So 1 block and 1 feint = half stamina for shield while the 2h is still full stamina. The 2h then only has to kick+overhead = Stamina depletion - By now the shield user has landed only 1 (if they did not read the feint) hit and now his stamina pool is empty - thus he loses. Especially if the 2h weapon used is the maul

High end Players:

• The higher end guys overhead slams from a distance - combined with great footwork and cftp = Continued drain to shield users stamina from a distance while 2h user never losing his own. Shield users don’t have the reach/speed to hit them and so they get picked off at a distance. I know what the obvious solution people are thinking here - Just flinch them! - well against high end guys this is very very difficult to do - overhead spamming combined with a ctfp when the shield user attempts to flinch/hit trade ends up with the 2h user cftp or a hit trade which reduces your already low stamina pool. Its a lose lose situation. They win by default .

Please give the 1v1 scene some consideration as a whole and shields stamina pool.

• easy, reduce knockback of longranged weapons , equalise stam drain/parry negation of all weapon

• meh /10chars

• Good thing you got multiple weapons though, I still think maul should be a shieldkiller. Balancing around duels is stupid and shouldn’t even be thought about.

• It’s hard to use shield 'sploits when you keep getting stammed out.

• lol najo still whining about this after i took maul vs him a year ago

• @CRUSHED:

lol najo still whining about this after i took maul vs him a year ago

read that as “after i took him with a maul a year ago”

• that too. it was brutal raep

• @CRUSHED:

that too. it was brutal raep

This ridiculous kid……You reply to every post I make with nonsense. Everyone beats me with the maul - thats the point of the thread.

• Then switch from 1h+shield -> 1h while you’re facing a maul, not that hard.

• @Xylvion:

Then switch from 1h+shield -> 1h while you’re facing a maul, not that hard.

yeah that’s true, every weapon has bad match-ups, don’t think shield needs a buff personally

• kite shield + longsword is decent dueling setup

it just doesnt do enough dmg in teamfights imho

• Even a full time shield user should be able to read Maul feints, just drop the shield for once.
    Maul is shit, doesn’t need to be any worse.

• People complaining that shields are weak has always irked me. It is your utility item. It passively blocks projectiles behind you when not being used, blocks projectiles from the side without bringing block up while holding, is immune to feints, and can be switched on the fly if you don’t want to use it in a certain situation. Comparatively, you could choose to use throwing items as your utility. Something that can be used a few times for a small amount of damage and then is gone. If anything, shields should take up the primary weapon slot with their current functionality as it is ridiculously strong compared to your other utility options.

• Not immuned (because of the downtime, at least with tower shield) but better protected.

What i’d like to see done with shields is removing them as a player hitbox (but keep the arm holding it) because it seriously adds reach to the opponent you’re fighting.

• @imported_Karam:

Not immuned (because of the downtime, at least with tower shield) but better protected.

What i’d like to see done with shields is removing them as a player hitbox (but keep the arm holding it) because it seriously adds reach to the opponent you’re fighting.

ya stabbing ppl in the shield for full dmg is a favorite pass time of mine

• @zombojoe:

kite shield + longsword is decent dueling setup

it just doesnt do enough dmg in teamfights imho

Mostly because of stab feints and relative immunity from drags and bad feints. The relatively fast stab combos are nice as well. It is pretty decent in duels, but like all shielded weapons really suffers in team fights and 1vNs.

The problem is like you said, damage and the lack of riposte. 2h weapons are arguably better at survivability given PiP, CfTP, and CfTP riposte actually enabling them to attack/kill opponents in 1vNs and team fights.

• Yes Najo, you are right. There should be zero weapons that are excellent against your playstyle. Your playstyle should trump over everything and it should have no weaknesses. This is absolutely good suggestion and totally not your average “please buff my playstyle” thread.

Good job m8.

• The game is not supposed to have one setup that works in every situation or has no drawbacks.

Shields are for blocking multiple attacks without having to deal with feints etc., and for blocking projectiles to make it safer for you and your teammates to advance.

Next time you have to fight a Maul knight press 3 instead of trying to change the whole game.