Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 30 (Fortification Map Pack)

• @Kreittis:

It overshadowed every other MAA primary. Now you have reason to use other weapons too.

Variety is the spice of life you know. It’s time to learn how to play the class, not how to play the weapon.

norse sword was always better than the broad… and fyi I always use the dane and morning star too but… the reach of the broad was perfect for my tactics of avoiding the enemies strikes and then using long ranged stabs to punish them for it. It was my main playstyle.

• I have strange animaton since the patch.

When someone is dying the body is displaced for a few in-game metres, so after this delay you see the death animation.
    Some bodies are even catapulted away from the origin over a large distance.

• @wyrda78:

norse sword was always better than the broad…

Uhhuh. Care to elaborate? Your opinion is in the minority.

@wyrda78:

and fyi I always use the dane and morning star too but… the reach of the broad was perfect for my tactics of avoiding the enemies strikes and then using long ranged stabs to punish them for it. It was my main playstyle.

You always use dane and MS but broad is your main playstyle? What are you trying to say? Do you mean like broad is perfect for your style but instead you gimp yourself with dane and MS? I am confused.

Besides, if the reach is main point in BS for you then you should be happy. Longer windups give more reach since you can (and should) start the attack further away.

• Alright, played the new build for a bit and it didn’t take long until I had noticed some horrible bugs, and weird design decisions regarding the new maps.

Belmez:
    I’ve already voiced my opinions on the changes you’ve done to this map, and they are mostly bad. The workshop version of the map looks and plays way more polished than this.
    There’s also loads of green placeholder messages popping up every now and then.

Here’s a portion of the wall that has no collision, so defenders can just casually raid the attacker’s spawn. FUN

Drunken Bazaar:
    Haven’t been a fan of the map before it became official, and your changes didn’t help at all. Who thought it was a good idea to put vendors on a battlefield trying to sell their ale? (some of them also appear to run in place sideways) Well…Maybe they are desperate for sales, but think about this TB…I understand the merchants on Tavern, and they are pretty funny, because it’s a fun map and not to be taken seriously. This on the other hand…
    Balancing wise, I’ve never seen this map go past the first objective…Always ended in a DNF so I can’t comment on the other parts.

^ This just completely ruins the immersion for me.

Kings Garden:
    This is the exact opposite of Drunken Bazaar. Always ends in like 5 minutes, it’s almost impossible to defend on this map.

Cove:
    Completely broken; but that has been reported by a number of people already.

IMO this is neither a proper balance patch (most changes have no weight at all), or a content update (maps worse than original entries)…I don’t know what this is, but it was rushed. No offense, but you really have to improve your QA, because most of these bugs and issues are obvious after playing for a few minutes, and I don’t even want to question how completely unrelated stuff breaks. (like smaller knight weapons).

So yeah, those are my 2 cents. TL;DR: balance meh, maps meh

• Nice patch. I’m excited to get to play the new maps on the official rotations and I’m really happy with the balance changes to the melee weapons. I’m not sure how I feel about the archer changes yet but atleast you guys are trying to do something to balance them out.

• Belmez still has earthquake ladders.

Surely someone would of scripted a better ladder script than the map maker had. I know other chivalry custom maps had better ladders. Proper vertical ladders. Current ladders suck.

• My feedback
    Great work on the maps
    King on stoneshill now has a hatchet instead of a war-axe? intended?
    Some stuttering fps during game-play to the point i think im going to crash but recovers smoothly.

Balance
    Some Archer weapons still do to much dmg for how easy they are to use.
    Sling needs its rate of fire toned down significantly or a damage reduction,
    light crossbow is still the king of dmg when it comes to archer projectiles. reduce to 70 dmg and change all crossbow dmg types to cut instead of pierce like the table below suggest.

Bows are actually pretty balanced right now

Vangaurd: in a good place
    MAA: in a good place
    Knights: in a good place

Gameplay annoyance maybe bugs
    When you successfully hit an opponent and get hit during release of your attack you are locked out of all actions. You cannot parry untill your release is over. This is a huge problem for weapons like the poleaxe/grandmace/zwiehander that have the highest release times in the game because once you are hit during release you are unable to parry their next attack. Flinch should take you out of recovery state so you are allowed to parry if you take damage. If this option is not possible to fix/implement these weapons need a shorter recovery or higher damage values to compensate for the (high risk -low reward) of attacking against multiple opponents that other weapons with significantly lower recovery times don’t have.

Health recovery needs to be increased to promote faster game play. I don’t like waiting 30 seconds to regenerate my health when ive just won a fight. I cant push without being at a disadvantage and my chances of staying alive diminish.

• That hasn’t updated with broadhead damage lol. You can’t body shot an archer.

• @lemonater47:

That hasn’t updated with broadhead damage lol. You can’t body shot an archer.

Knew this would happen. “Great archer nerfs TB. Now please consider these archer nerfs.”

Give flinch back. Then we can discuss nerfing a couple of the crossbows.

• The bow dmgs are irrelevant, im talking about the crossbows. They need to be cut instead of pierce damage. Archers are ruining the game, they need more nerfs

• King’s Garden: I don’t think Agatha should be able to get around that side access point and into the castle before the gate is smashed. maybe put a ramp where the water exits to allow only Mason to exit.

Cove: haven’t had any issues yet. not completely broken. the cathedral objective isn’t something I really care about defending or destroying though. cathedral could be made grander so it inspires a will to defend it/plunder it and i don’t like how it’s haphazardly wedged between the houses. getting caught with a torch in hand is a pain in the arse.

Drunken Bazaar: runs okay. still some sticky spots and invisible walls. at the start, you can run all the way to the 2nd last stage and start destroying the barricades and wells there.

Belmez: my favourite part is the 2nd stage siege. would be nice if that could be extended somehow. the ladders aren’t too much of an issue.

• @ŠïN:

The bow dmgs are irrelevant, im talking about the crossbows. They need to be cut instead of pierce damage. Archers are ruining the game, they need more nerfs

If every archer who shot you was a melee in your face for a 2v1 or 3v1 instead, I guarantee you’d be having a lot more trouble. They may feel more annoying because the damage comes as a surprise, but their effectiveness is completely overstated on these forums. Archers consistently do less overall damage in pubs than an equivalently skilled melee.

• Mason pushes the cart wayyyyyy too fast in Cove now. It was perfect before, maybe even still too fast then, now it’s impossible for Agatha.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Developer

~2ish hours for the hotfix:

• Potential Cove Battering Ram fix. Requires live server testing to confirm.

• Removed segments of Cove’s Ram where it went backwards, possibly causing desyncs on the server.

• Move a torch to the inside of the barricade in Cove.

• Loadout screen: potentially fix crash therein

• Increased torch grab range.

• New DeInebriate kismet node added to turn off drunk effect. belmez blocking volumes added around gate. Drunken bazaar mead stalls fixed so that you can get drunk at all of them - drunk turns off after 30 seconds from stalls, 60 seconds from the pool.

• restore SkelMesh scaling on

• //chivalry/trunk/Development/Src/AOC/classes/AOCWeaponAttachment_Bearded.uc
      • //chivalry/trunk/Development/Src/AOC/classes/AOCWeaponAttachment_BroadDagger.uc
      • //chivalry/trunk/Development/Src/AOC/classes/AOCWeaponAttachment_DoubleAxe.uc
      • //chivalry/trunk/Development/Src/AOC/classes/AOCWeaponAttachment_Hatchet.uc
      • //chivalry/trunk/Development/Src/AOC/classes/AOCWeaponAttachment_HolyWaterSprinkler.uc
      • //chivalry/trunk/Development/Src/AOC/classes/AOCWeaponAttachment_HuntingKnife.uc
      • //chivalry/trunk/Development/Src/AOC/classes/AOCWeaponAttachment_Maul.uc
      • //chivalry/trunk/Development/Src/AOC/classes/AOCWeaponAttachment_PickAxe.uc
      • //chivalry/trunk/Development/Src/AOC/classes/AOCWeaponAttachment_ThrustDagger.uc

• can’t check it atm as am quite busy nowadays….

but it’s aweosme to hear u made it guys :)

btw if is true what ppl say about consoles and their listen servers multiplayer system…

will it be possible to join a friend with xbox via listen servers?

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Developer

@MiPu:

can’t check it atm as am quite busy nowadays….

but it’s aweosme to hear u made it guys :)

btw if is true what ppl say about consoles and their listen servers multiplayer system…

will it be possible to join a friend with xbox via listen servers?

As in join from the PC? The console and PC versions won’t be compatible.