What setup do you find the most annoying?

• Interested to hear what people hate, for me in 1v1s it’s probably anything with a shield.
    I feel it’s just a cheap way to avoid feint reading.

• Hatchet or Norse Sword with or without shield and Sword of War/Claymore/Greatsword performing spins that my choppy fps can’t keep up with.

• Archer anything.

• All Javelins.

• Archer, any loadout.

• 3rd person vanguards hands down

• Archer, any loadout.

norse and kite I can beat with a couple feint reads, against archers I have to rely on them missing.

• All of the extremely fast weapons that you almost have to preemptively parry are pretty cancerous imo.(hatchet+buckler, daggers/shortsword, hws/flanged stabs, claymore, norse+kite) Fortunately most of these weapons are really short or easy to force hittrades with.

• Global Moderator

Anything with a shield?

Don’t rely on feints so much lol.

• Any fast stab weapon like HWS, Flanged Mace, etc that is only viable due to the stab. They are just antifun playstyles.

• ^Flanged mace can 2hit knights with OHs though, it’s a really good weapon once you learn how to play.

• Maul. Not that it’s hard to counter, but I don’t like the essence of the weapon’s play-style. Basically trading hits. And the players that use it tend to be opportunists that largely rely on sneaking up behind opponents and 1 shotting them. Not to mention, it’s UNBELIEVABLY easy to force trades when using the maul; all of this in a game that panders to hit trading. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a very valid playstyle, and there’s technically nothing wrong with it, but it’s the most annoying. That and the stupid SoW. Yes, coming from someone who has mastered the stab feint, I can tell you it’s stupid; effective, but stupid.

• Global Moderator

@parkrangerstan:

Maul. Not that it’s hard to counter, but I don’t like the essence of the weapon’s play-style. Basically trading hits. And the players that use it tend to be opportunists that largely rely on sneaking up behind opponents and 1 shotting them. Not to mention, it’s UNBELIEVABLY easy to force trades when using the maul; all of this in a game that panders to hit trading. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a very valid playstyle, and there’s technically nothing wrong with it, but it’s the most annoying. That and the stupid SoW. Yes, coming from someone who has mastered the stab feint, I can tell you it’s stupid; effective, but stupid.

Feinting with the maul is even more fun. You can’t feint normally. You have to spam the feint and stop feinting as soon as he falls for one of them. Or when you run out of stamina you swing anyway. Confuses absolutely everyone. Doesn’t matter how good your opponents is, if he hasn’t seen it before he can’t counter it. One hit overhead kill on every class.

But yeah you pretty much described maul gameplay lol. There’s a bit more fancy footwork and baiting in loved though. Hard to do as a knight.

• @Xylvion:

^Flanged mace can 2hit knights with OHs though, it’s a really good weapon once you learn how to play.

Its one of my favorite secondaries on knight, it’s quite good. I just don’t like the BS stab ripostes.

• @Xylvion:

^Flanged mace can 2hit knights with OHs though, it’s a really good weapon once you learn how to play.

Its not a good weapon because the 2shot on maas and vanguard is really unreliable

• hatchet buckler is pretty cancer

• @CRUSHED:

Its not a good weapon because the 2shot on maas and vanguard is really unreliable

To be fair though Blunt weapons are supposed to be good against knights, which the flanged mace takes care of perfectly fine. I wouldn’t mind a slight increase in both OH and slash damage on it though.

• Every setup is annoying when I lose to it

• @lemonater47:

Anything with a shield?

Don’t rely on feints so much lol.

Not just feints, they are immune to drags and such aswell. Just irritates me that I can’t use caveman strats (he feint me, i feint him)

• Global Moderator

@Rekrab:

Not just feints, they are immune to drags and such aswell. Just irritates me that I can’t use caveman strats (he feint me, i feint him)

Immune to drags?

Drags are how you defeat shields. They are immune to delayed swings which is a form of dragging. But that’s not what dragging is limited to. They can’t riposte you so it makes it easier to read his feints. Really shield users themselves have to rely solely on drags. Or hope their opponents can’t read feints very well.