I thought speed hacking was fixed

• I guess not, just had a speed hacker on the official low rank german noob server.

• I don’t recall a fix, just one patch from about half a year ago that coincidentally made speedhacking a lot more obvious by making it more common for speedhackers to suddenly start desyncing. I think it was the patch with the new animations.

• @gregcau:

I guess not, just had a speed hacker on the official low rank german noob server.

You can always try and get one of the server admins from http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin

or if you PM me the profile I’ll keep an eye out for the account

• it’s not a speedhack, people with above 120 ping run shitfast and ghost+teleport all over the place since the patch.

• Add to that new boost for chase mechanic.

• Yeah the boost to the chance mechanic seems more than 10%. Half the time I think I’m speed hacking.

• I don’t think it ever got “fixed”, per se. Still see them once in a while.

• @MonkeyFiend:

You can always try and get one of the server admins from http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin

or if you PM me the profile I’ll keep an eye out for the account

It is too much work, he was voted off before an admin would have arrived anyway.

I don’t really mind the super obvious hacks, amusing, it is the concept that people could be making themselves 10% faster that is more worrysome.

But I play on the noob servers nowadays just mucking around so not really worried.

• @gregcau:

It is too much work, he was voted off before an admin would have arrived anyway.

I don’t really mind the super obvious hacks, amusing, it is the concept that people could be making themselves 10% faster that is more worrysome.

But I play on the noob servers nowadays just mucking around so not really worried.

Even if they leave the server, the admins can still follow them around as long as we have their steam profile URL. Just PM it to us on the forums or via steam and we’ll take care of it.