Good old movies unforgettable

• good movies, any?

• Well as far as good old movies go I really like the old star wars.

Brazil (1985) and 1984 (1984) are also pretty good.

Theres also Blade Runner.

Not to mention Terminator 1, 2

• The Longest Day (1962)

• there’s plenty of good old movies going way back to the silent era. too many to list really.

• @LongSun:

there’s plenty of good old movies going way back to the silent era. too many to list really.

That’s why you list your favorite. If Spielberg ever had a 800 million dollar budget to remake The Longest Day, I’d day of happiness.

• The Great Dictator is pretty good as well.

• Monty Python’s Life of Brian

• Does this one count?

Braindead.

It’s as old as me, so it’s a good ol’ movie for me, and I’m a big fan of splatters. Of course, Blade Runner, Great Dictator, Brazil and such are classics, movies that make you think. Braindead is just mindless zombie comedy :O

• Mod

I’ll include my movie collection :

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur4121948/watchlist?page=1&mode=simple&sort=user_rating,desc

@SavageBeatings:

Braindead.

Ah back when Peter Jackson made good films :D This and Bad Taste are fine films. I’d place these up with Zombieland and Shaun of the dead of best Zombie Comedies.

@Kreittis:

Monty Python’s Life of Brian

And the holy grail (probably more fitting in a chivalry forum). Still sad that life of brian was banned in the Uk for a while. Generally anything monty python is great (although less a fan of meaning of life and some not-quite-full monty python ish things like Erik the Viking)

@ChuckingIt:

The Longest Day (1962)

Yes, while private ryan had some very impressive imagery, this film for me I’d rate higher over all.

@zombojoe:

Brazil (1985)

Indeed good. I’d very much recommend the not-very-well known movie: “Snowpiercer”

@zombojoe:

Sadly this is becoming more like a documentary :(

@zombojoe:

Star Wars, Blade Runner, Terminator

ofc

With loins suggestion of the ‘When the last sword is drawn’ if you like that I’d recommend ‘the twilight samurai’

Note: I work in IT, I tend to have film on in the background while I’m waiting for things to compile etc., Means I see a lot of films. Also used to work in a cinema as a student

• @MonkeyFiend:

I’ll include my movie collection :

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur4121948/watchlist?page=1&mode=simple&sort=user_rating,desc

Very impressive tbh. I’ve not counted more then 10 yet that I haven’t seen hehe ( thew )
    my netflix and amazon prime (was lovefilm) had over 133 of pages of viewed movies and boxsets.
    Good tastes Mr Monkeyfiend. I’d recommend the last sword drawn to be nearly as good as seven samurai
    esp after the 2nd viewing , very funny in parts, against the grain samurai (rumoured to be a true story)

• Passed 20 I’ve not seen. I couldn’t see Mississippi Burning in your list , vgood tbh

• @MonkeyFiend:

Note: I work in IT, I tend to have film on in the background while I’m waiting for things to compile etc., Means I see a lot of films. Also used to work in a cinema as a student

• @MonkeyFiend:

And the holy grail (probably more fitting in a chivalry forum). Still sad that life of brian was banned in the Uk for a while. Generally anything monty python is great (although less a fan of meaning of life and some not-quite-full monty python ish things like Erik the Viking)

Everyone has seen Holy Grail tho’, that’s why I mentioned Life of Brian. I also happen to think that Life of Brian is better. The Meaning of Life is okay I guess but I’d rather watch 2 hours of Flying Circus instead.

• The Twilight Samurai indeed I forgot about that Mr M , very good seen that a few times idd. He turns out to be quite a wolf.

• So I watched that Snowpiercer movie and I would say its very high on top of my favorite films ty for the suggestion.

Im very surprised Ive never even heard about it.

• Although nobody’s really done a Stephen King book “true” justice in movie form, both The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption come very close in that regard, and they’re both very un-Stephen-King-like stories. Neither one has monsters or gruesome violence (well, not MUCH gruesome violence) or any other fictional qualities you’d attribute to his usual work, like The Dark Tower, The Stand, IT, etc.

Speaking of Dark Tower, I heard they were supposed to be making a movie about it, but it’s been quieter than the set of Austin Powers 4.

• The 13th warrior.
    All the Asterix&Obelix movies.
    Hot Shots, both 1 and 2 are great.

• I can’t find the Snowpeircer so will prob buy a copy on the bay. It does look good at £12.
    The green mile and the 13th warrior are good

• Snowpiercer is awfully bad, probably one of the most boring movies I’ve seen.