Do stab feints need a nerf?

• WOAH DONT BAN ME YET
    I understand that maybe I need to learn to read and such but maybe they should nerf SOME stab feints
    imho some feints are almost impossible to read in facehug conditions like
    -sow
    -norse
    -hws
    -longsword
    -spear
    -claymore

remember guys this is ONLY AN IDEA, just wondering if im an idiot or wat
    pretty sure only sophax can read dese feints with his ping of 0

• Mod

Just make the stab feint window smaller.

• You can read all those feints with some distance and maybe leaning back, a global nerf to stabfeint window + a stamina buff would make the feints readable in all conditions and also make the game much more fun.

• I can’t read dem stab feints with 60+ ping.

• I dont think lowering stab feint window will change anything except make feint to parries even worse for onehanders especially. Its more of an animation problem anyway, im pretty sure nobody in the game can READ my norse feints up close if its stab feint or not doesnt matter.

• @Kim:

Just make the stab feint window smaller.

ya dew it

right now if you late feint with stabs it looks like its already inside your torso in windup

• Nah, like Crushed said I doubt a smaller feint window will help but for me, the hardest scenarios to read stabfeints in is when the opponent is right in my face basically “hiding” the animation a bit by moving his torso accordingly.

Doesn’t mean that stab window decrease isn’t the best solution, however. I can’t think of anything better.

• @CRUSHED:

I dont think lowering stab feint window will change anything except make feint to parries even worse for onehanders especially. Its more of an animation problem anyway, im pretty sure nobody in the game can READ my norse feints up close if its stab feint or not doesnt matter.

Polishing animations you say? Would be really nice imo.

• yeah, what crushed said is kinda true. lower it enough and cftp and ftp will become harder to pull off…i know no one else wants the bubble back so maybe they could add an extra .1 seconds or so like they did with the cftp return patch so you can have a good chance at double parrying them or something. but even that might not do anything, since most people just feint->reverse overhead when the other player can force double parries consistently. still better than nothing though.

• yes. /chars

• Mod

I was mainly thinking in terms of TBS bandaid fixes, they’re more likely to make the stab feint window smaller than to do any actual changes.

• Id like to see the feint windows stay how they are for the remaining amount of time this dying game has, until we all move on to better games.

Theres no need to fuck this game up even more, a stab feint window nerf wont do anything, the animations are straight up broken

It sreally the only thing stab has going for it lol, if thats nerfed aswell the whole game will just be OH and swings

• While I kinda agree with crushed, it couldnt hurt to at least try a small reduction of the stab feint window in the beta. I mean how hard could that be?

• Lets just do away with everything but LMB’s and only have 1 weapon, 1 class, and no combo’ing. This game would be 100% balanced that way while making all 1 weapons viable. GG no re

• dont start this.

• I don’t think stab feints need a nerf.

• I dunno. I think a window reduction would probably help.

• Give back bigger bubble. Was bit easier with dem stabs as you couldn’t facehug as much.

Burn me now.

• The stab feints would be fine if the weapon was angled away from you a bit until it actually is in release.

Overhead and slash feints are readable because they change direction when your opponent decides to actually launch his attack. Stab feints are hard because the weapon is pointing straight at you, and it just either comes at you or doesn’t, and more often than not you’re too close to it to react after you see the “transition”.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.