A sad issue

• Hi everbody, sorry beforehand for my bad english. there is an issue that i can’t understand and i can’t find any post about it then i try my luck here. Two days ago, there are two problems coming out of nowhere. A first is new and an other that i had not had since many months ago.
    the first is a kind of randomly accelerations and slowdowns when i running. sometimes i cross 10 metters in 5 seconds and sometimes in 3 or 2 seconds, this is really disturbing.
    The second issue is even more annoying and I already know it, it reappeared like it was gone, without any apparent justification. When i am a spearman and when i give a hit or throw my javelin, i need to wait at least one second after the animation to be able to use my shield and block any attack. It’s make me entirely vulnerable. In fact, the shield up animation begins then vanishes before being effective. I hope someone can help me, for the moment i can’t really play.

• Global Moderator

1. The first one is the chase mechanic. If you place your cross hair over an enemy it speeds you up insanely fast, (its broken atm). and can actually put you off balance with its sudden jolt.

2. Throwing a javelin during a CLOSE melee fight is stupid so to mitigate it; they leave the javelin user vulnerable to ensure people dont go back behind their “tower shie… Cough broken buckler”. it has been that way from the start. you just need to choose your release time more cautiously.

• i found another issue with the javs. If you feint out of the jav raise, and quickly go to block, your shield will basically do the same thing that it does if you get hit in recovery… it will raise for a split second and then drop immediately even if you keep holding the block. This is an issue, the jav recovery while hit automatically gives the opponent a free kill on you basically because you get hit 2 times, but making the right decision to feint the jav toss and block instead should not be punished this way. I love to play short spear but it’s pretty annoying with that shit happening. If any class makes a mistake, sure they get punished with a hit, but not two. And especially if you make the RIGHT decision, you shouldn’t be punished for it.

So to replicate, hold up the jav for a toss, feint and block quickly as you would a feint to parry. MOST of the time, you’ll raise the shield and immediately drop it if done quickly and will not be able to hold the shield up… pretty BS if you ask me. It seems after cancelling the jav toss you only go into a psudo idle state where if you block quickly, you cannot hold the block up and it just drops the shield and you have to re-raise it. stupid.

• The most annoying is not after throwing but especially in order to block after using first attack or when i need to block twice. I have this issue for three days and i was very surprised when it reappeared. It arrive as much with a blade as with a javelin. Furthermore, when i am throwing a javelin in ffa not during a close fight and that an other enemy come in my side i should be able to directly block his hit as usual, but now it’s fatal.
    I especially play knight class but since i have big problems with usb drivers too hard to fix, i decided to take an other class due to the difficulty to drag caused by an random and delayed accelation of my mouse pointer which continue its movement sometimes up to one second after i stopped to moving my mouse.
    I know, people are going to say that i should replace my computer but it is presumed to be effective.
    I change of motherboard this week because i think it’s responsible for trouble but i hope in the meantime anyone have any ideas. I am sure that this is just a longer release time between each actions and i have the proof in pictures. I have this problem with all classes but i took the example of javelin thrower especially because the problem has more serious consequences with a shield or when needs more often to change of weapons in fight.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i found another issue with the javs. If you feint out of the jav raise, and quickly go to block, your shield will basically do the same thing that it does if you get hit in recovery… it will raise for a split second and then drop immediately even if you keep holding the block. This is an issue, the jav recovery while hit automatically gives the opponent a free kill on you basically because you get hit 2 times, but making the right decision to feint the jav toss and block instead should not be punished this way. I love to play short spear but it’s pretty annoying with that shit happening. If any class makes a mistake, sure they get punished with a hit, but not two. And especially if you make the RIGHT decision, you shouldn’t be punished for it.

So to replicate, hold up the jav for a toss, feint and block quickly as you would a feint to parry. MOST of the time, you’ll raise the shield and immediately drop it if done quickly and will not be able to hold the shield up… pretty BS if you ask me. It seems after cancelling the jav toss you only go into a psudo idle state where if you block quickly, you cannot hold the block up and it just drops the shield and you have to re-raise it. stupid.

Yes and my problem is that now i need waiting even longer for hold it. So after that i need to re-raise my shield like after the usual bug that you describe, i should still waiting a split second more before being able to use it…

• the buckler doesnt even block correctly, 10% of the strikes go right through even if you aim at the tip of the weapon and hold it up way before his attack even starts.

• its really easy to go around the buckler, i dont think its bugged it just sucks

• @zombojoe:

its really easy to go around the buckler, i dont think its bugged it just sucks

You don’t even have to go around, stab just inside the edge and you’ll still get through most of the time.

• i was a buckler expert back when knights could use it

• Real skill lies in blocking stabs with a cardboard frisbee, so I’d say keep as it is for coolness factor.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.